Teams Denver Broncos - The Mile High Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Just name him as the starter... he looks so assured in every thing he's done so far.
Looks comfortable in the pocket, and is deadly accurate on the run.
I know it's preseason, but I can't recall a Broncos rookie in recent times who've looked anything like this.

Look its early days.

He definitely looks better than other options we've had since 2016.

But - he also played all the Packers #2 defense.

Give him time to develop but on face value its been a good start. But its way early and the bumps will come.

Im jus tno0t expecting too much too soon.

He'll add wins the W column... we'll get as close to 500 as weve been in a long time - might even get a winning season.

We might even be able to punch a few finasl bound teams in the mouth early days.

Its definitely exciting to have hope again - as tempered as I am with it.

GO Broncos.

Look its early days.

Give him time to develop but on face value its been a good start. But its way early and the bumps will come.

He'll add wins the W column... we'll get as close to 500 as weve been in a long time - might even get a winning season.

We might even be able to punch a few finasl bound teams in the mouth early days.

GO Broncos.
I hear ya, but he also dominated in the footage I saw and from the reports I read in the joint practice against the Packers on Friday... even a report about how much the Packers first team D was surprised at how composed he was, and about how crisp his passing was.

Look its early days.

GO Broncos.
Broadly agree. The positive that he's beating up on backups is it clearly shows he's above that level of play, which is more than his co QBs can say. So in any case it's a positive.

I like his quick release, his accuracy has been excellent - especially off platform and om the run - and his coolness under pressure has been amazing. After watching Russ freak out inside clean pockets it's almost bizarre to see a QB just step up and slide out of the pocket like he's having a Sunday jog.

Broadly agree. The positive that he's beating up on backups is it clearly shows he's above that level of play, which is more than his co QBs can say. So in any case it's a positive.

I like his quick release, his accuracy has been excellent - especially off platform and om the run - and his coolness under pressure has been amazing. After watching Russ freak out inside clean pockets it's almost bizarre to see a QB just step up and slide out of the pocket like he's having a Sunday jog.
There as a play to TP where he looked off the safety and then went to TP - thats a Vet move - not a rookie one. Hes got skills but I just dont want to get too over the skiis just yet.

There as a play to TP where he looked off the safety and then went to TP - thats a Vet move - not a rookie one. Hes got skills but I just dont want to get too over the skiis just yet.
Yeah definitely agree, don't want to anoint him just yet, but my point is he has shown he's above the next level with is fantastic. Doesn't mean he's a superstar but it's about the best we could've hoped for at this point.

He really looks to be Paytons type of guy, the difference between how he's running the offense and how Russ ran it is almost hilarious.

Should be a surprise to no one after watching all 3 QBs get a go, clearly the only one that looked decent.

More interesting is who will be backup? Doubt we go 3 QBs so do we keep some experience around in Stiddy or some youth and maybe potential in Wilson - who we also gave up draft capital for. Not sure I expect us to cut someone we traded in tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the hype will subside over time as the losses come.

With that said, hes certainly got a lot more talent and poise than anything we've had under C for a long time and he should be able to develop over time into a good NFL QB.

Just hope he gets the time to do that with us.

You'd figure he got 3 years to show a winning season / make the playoffs in reality. I think thats fair.

Thinking that Perine gets cut soon... not sure how he fits in with the other RBs in the room
its a long season... id be keeping him for now. Get some trade value later maybe

Rookie QB's best friends are blocking RB

Perine is good at that. Jaleel tries bit is too small for it...

Williams can do it ...

Just sayin...

Told ya Perine was likely to be cut... I didn't want it to be true though!
Surprised with the WR cuts to be honest, going into the season with 5 on the roster and a total of 4 TEs too!

Told ya Perine was likely to be cut... I didn't want it to be true though!
Surprised with the WR cuts to be honest, going into the season with 5 on the roster and a total of 4 TEs too!
I was mildly surprised but not overly. Maybe disappointed is more the word. I thought he was our best back last season, but I guess his age and the fact we basically drafted a younger version of him worked against him.

SAd to see TP cut - i get the business side - but sometimes you just gotta have the locker room guys there to lead and keep things high like that.

Issue is - there are 4 young guys just as big and hungry on WAY less coin...and they can sign them up for chips if they pan out and save a bunch of cash.

Still sucks however.

Mixed emotions about week 1
In it for a lot longer than I expected.
The D and Special Teams smashed them early.
But the O failed to capitalize, resulting in FGs.
Bo seemed to struggle with the crowd noise, many do in Seattle to be fair, but I feel that the playcalling was far too conservative for too long... so many little dinky passes and runs up the middle.
Bo's INTs were terrible. The first one he basically stared at Sutton for 3 seconds before throwing the ball... the second was a forced throw into triple coverage with an underthrown ball to the defenders advantage.
That we were on the road, with a rookie QB in his first start, and in it within 1 TD at the end gives me some hope.

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams Denver Broncos - The Mile High Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back