Teams Denver Broncos - The Mile High Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Their D played very well. Nix didn't push the ball down field well at all, but at the same time the lanes weren't really there. Their tackling was unbelievable, basically 0 YAC allowed all day meant the 5 yard passes that normally end up as 7-8 yarders were only 5 yards. On another day, against a less stout defence, he is probably moving the chains consistently on those plays, but week 1 v a stout D in a tough away stadium with an average offense he did just ok. Not many harder debut games to make.

The lack of run game was just as bad, less than 3 ypc.

I still have some doubts around our receivers and their ability to separate. Dulcic looked a lot slower today than I remember him and Sutton has never been a separation receiver. Really could've done with Perine out the backfield today - in pass pro and receiving.

Bo Nix will be good year 2. Growing pains as per usual. Just like Jayden Daniels and Caleb Williams first games.
He looked as expected with receivers getting no separation and an Uber conservative game plan.

First pick was rough but second one he was just trying to make a play down 2 scores 5 mins to go, can’t blame him too much was a rookie error and trying to push the envelope

Hope the home town fans afford him time to settle into NFL play, and don't start calling for him to benched. We know how ruthless most NFL fans are when things don't go the way they'd like.

Hope the home town fans afford him time to settle into NFL play, and don't start calling for him to benched. We know how ruthless most NFL fans are when things don't go the way they'd like.
Just need to think a little bit. Absolutely no run game and receivers getting no separation against an elite D, what was a first game rookie supposed to do?

Just thinking about what Liquorice All Types said above, it makes me wonder if perhaps we'd have been better off having Stiddy start the first month, bomb out against those elite defences then have Nix come in as starter after that. Would've generated excitement after a sluggish start and protected him from this BS.

Guess the other side of that is have him have the tough start then potentially come into some "easier" defences and the game would slow down rapidly for him - in theory. Provided the tough Defences and home fans haven't broken him by then.

64 rush yards on 19 attempts, multiple bad drops and our offensive tackles being open doors inviting pressure. Poor kid has absolutely no chance, needs help at literally every position.

Man for man this is one of the worst offenses I can remember.

Defence seems fairly solid, though. Not a lot of names but they seem to work alright together. Riley Moss looks good

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams Denver Broncos - The Mile High Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back