Des Headland's Future

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol what?

I made this thread after another poor performance from Des on the road, we've made a number of break throughs this year, it's about time we started circling those who do not or cannot perform on the road.

Des has been poor, consistently on the road for as long as I can remember.

Could it be that this thread is a view shared by a few.

And no, the Mcanus poster was not me, I welcome the mods to trace the IP's.

You are a paranoid muppet.
Hey MaynemanPav if the cap fits wear it
PS that post was removed in seconds,pretty suss you know all about it

IMO Headland is there in the forward line until Fyfe gets up to the body strength and endurance levels required to play HFF at AFL level.

Des doesn't need many touches to put a major dent in the score board, and with enough good players around he will win 2~3 games off his own boot.

I wasn't subscribing to that theory during the preseason but I'm starting to come around now.

He's not moving as freely as he used to and with guys like Fyfe and Ruffles breathing down his neck he could be surplus to requirements by next year.

His body /knees may just require a week off every few games. I still think has contributed well in all games except last game. Even when he has an off day he requires a good opposition player to man him up.

He still warrants a spot just hope his body holds up.

i too was at the game and des (and to a lesser degree mcphee) put in very insipid performances. yes the saints make life tough for opposition fans, but even if des wasn't getting the ball, he could of at least worked somewhat hard without it.

i barely saw him run, attempt to pressure the opposition, offer a sheppard / dummy lead - it was one of the worst individual performances of a player this season. and plenty of people around me said the same thing...

Been here alot longer than you pal.

Your join date is April 2010. So either you are filling in time during your holidays in between downloading pr0n, or you are a trolling hack who has nothing better to do than start up a few accounts coz you find yourself funny.

I do concur that Des did not have a good game, however he did setup a couple of goals. One to Pavlich and another spear pass later in the match.

His forward pressure has been good in the previous 3 games. There is a big upside to Des finding his best form. We are a finals contender this year.

Des has played at a standard well below his best for us, apart from the very odd game here and there.

There's no doubt he goes missing in action in tough games, thats been well and truely proven by history.

His form this year has been good without being great and his disapearing act on the weekend was disapointing but not surprising.

I don't think there's any doubt that he's being "used" to get us through until such time as we have Fyfe, Bucovaz, Ruffles etc ready for regular AFL action and then he'll be gone and I for one won't be disapointed when he goes, nor will most Freo supporters from what I gather.

Heard Harvey on radio Eagle Mon night.
Said he got a knock on the knee in the first qtr and really struggled to run afterwards.
Still managed to set up 2 goals and IMO is an important part of the forward setup.

Unfortunately he really looks at times like he is struggling with injury / fitness and agree that this year could be his last unless he can shake off the knee problems.

So why play him? He's injury prone, soft and too inconsistent, let's give someone like Fyfe or Walters a long stint and see if they can step up at least we'll know they'll give 100%.

Some fair points Mayneman, but, and keeping it short, I'm not convinced that Fyfe or Walters (especially in current form from what I've heard) would be much better at this stage anyway. Game against Richmond would be a good opportunity to see one of them in his place though.

cool-story-bro.jpg

You're so awesome, you don't get Jesus saying it. You get the father of all crazy people, Macho Man Randy Savage.

His forward pressure has been good in the previous 3 games. There .

Bullshit.

6 tackles in 4 games is not good forward pressure.

Good forward pressure is the combined 27 tackles from the likes of Ballantyne and Mayne, two blokes at the start of their careers.

Fyfe has been good form for Claremont, bobbing up for 3 goals on the weekend, 4 goals, 18 possession and 8 marks the week before against Subi.

In rounds one and two, Claremont had the bye in round 3, he kicked a total of 6 goals. One bag of 4 against Peel

So you're looking at a kid here who has kicked 13 goals from 4 games.

I'd say that form is good enough for a birth at the expense of bloke who has been a perennial disappointment.

I watched the warm up on Sunday, and I noticed that Des spent a lot of time with a trainer doing stretches rather then working with the rest of the group - concentrating mainly on the lower back and hamstrings.

Given his age that is probably nothing and may happen every week ... but I thought it was interesting at the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard Harvey on radio Eagle Mon night.
Said he got a knock on the knee in the first qtr and really struggled to run afterwards.
Still managed to set up 2 goals and IMO is an important part of the forward setup.

Unfortunately he really looks at times like he is struggling with injury / fitness and agree that this year could be his last unless he can shake off the knee problems.

There you go. He stayed on the ground to help rotations while in severe pain..He did it for the Team.. Maybe Haze was doing the same..?

Remove this Banner Ad

Des Headland's Future