Des Hedland...

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Mr_Ed

Fremantle have ruined many a good players career. Loko at Jeff Farmer and Trent Croad.... they played like absolute monkeys. Headland was ok at Brisbane where he "received" a lot of the ball but it will be interesting to see how he goes with Fremantle when he has crabs like McManus kicking to him and Peter Bell in his way trying to be a seagull too.

:eek: Its funny how ever single club on this forum has one 'supporter' who they are all genuinely ashamed of.

Originally posted by Mead

:eek: Its funny how ever single club on this forum has one 'supporter' who they are all genuinely ashamed of.

So you think Croad and Farmer ended up being wonderful players for the Dockers last year do you? and Peter Bell is not a seagull?

Originally posted by Mr_Ed

So you think Croad and Farmer ended up being wonderful players for the Dockers last year do you? and Peter Bell is not a seagull?

Croad was ok, Farmer had a very poor year, but I'm not about to write them off. Bell is a similar player to Cousins, albeit less damaging, and frankly, I think the receiver tag is overused- it isn't easy to find space and consistently get where the ball is, whatever people might say.
As for Headland, I don't buy the 'reciever' twaddle. He gets the ball runs to 50 and kicks goals. I was desperate to get him during the trade period, and I'm dirty that we didn't, but that isn't going to change my opinion that he is really top class talent, anchorhead or not.

Originally posted by funky_monk

Amen to that! WC posters in general aren't too bad as well.

Whereas sabre is still here, even after you've farmed out all the *really* wierd ones to dockerland :cool:

Originally posted by Mead

Whereas sabre is still here, even after you've farmed out all the *really* wierd ones to dockerland :cool:

Wheres the fun in debating with people that on the whole are going to agree with what you say?
Dockerland has never appealed to me and never will

Originally posted by Tony_Clifton
Thing is tho Sabre, the people at Dockerland don't agree with most of the stuff you rubbish on about anyway. You are an absolute disgrace.

*clap*...*clap*...*clap*
Brilliant contribution.
Just so your post isnt a total waste of time care to tell me what rubbish that is?
Dockers related naturally

Here is one example:
In a best Fremantle side for 2003 you had Robert Haddril listed as CHB.

Haddril was the forgotten man of 2002 and I think he has allot to offer.
I put him at CHB becaue it freed pavlich to play in the middle where he would be another of the long kicking actacking players like headland we so desperately needed from the past season.

Originally posted by sabre_ac

Haddril was the forgotten man of 2002 and I think he has allot to offer.
I put him at CHB becaue it freed pavlich to play in the middle where he would be another of the long kicking actacking players like headland we so desperately needed from the past season.

Yeah, watch Haddril get thumped week in, week out at CHB. Admit it, you need Pavlich down there to have any sort of stability.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by CowboyFromHell

Yeah, watch Haddril get thumped week in, week out at CHB. Admit it, you need Pavlich down there to have any sort of stability.

2001 he was our one of our few shining lights and more than held his own.
For those dockers supporters that remeber him I think they will agree.
Pavlich in the center is a better option in my opinion as it takes some of the pressure off Headland

You're dreaming Sabre.
Haddrill displayed prmise towards the end of an awful season, so did McPhee. He doesn't have the AFl experience or bulk to0 play such an important position in a team when there are so many better qualifies candidates in Croad, McPharlin and Pavlich. Even Polak is a more likely CHB than Haddrill.
I know you really want Pavlich to play in the midfield because of his aerobic capacity but you are creating a weaker team oversall in the process.
In my opinion Pavlich doesn't have the defensive capabilities to play a permanent role in the midfield and should be used primarily on the as a floating CHF.

In my opinion Pavlich doesn't have the defensive capabilities to play a permanent role in the midfield and should be used primarily on the as a floating CHF.

Yet he was named all australian full BACK.

McPhee was loose man in defense where as Haddrill played and held down CHB.

Originally posted by sabre_ac

2001 he was our one of our few shining lights and more than held his own.
For those dockers supporters that remeber him I think they will agree.
Pavlich in the center is a better option in my opinion as it takes some of the pressure off Headland

Any half wit could have looked good in that side. Heck, even I would have looked good down back for you guys!

Next you will tell us Daniel Metropolis will come out of retirement and kick 60 in a pocket beside Croad who will kick 150. You are dreaming mate.

Every time Pav was moved onto the ball this season all he did was run forward of the play. I am aware that that is primarily his role to be a reciever but more often than not the opposition benefited from his being moved onto the ball.
Playing defensively in the midfiled is different to playing defensively from fullback Sabre.

Brown and Parker were taking the number one and two forwards in the games when Haddrill was playing so don't try to paint a rosier picture of his few games. I know he looked the part, cool and collected, taking marks under pressure in defnce when most young players would punch but he is still unproven and would be lucky to get a spot in the first 22 let alone be named as CHB.

I am aware that that is primarily his role to be a reciever but more often than not the opposition benefited from his being moved onto the ball.

Actually agree with most of what you are saying but this statement is incorrect. Several times last year in the last quarter Pav went on the ball and got the game sealing/ match turning goal.

Was used as an impact player in the midfield last year and that he did.. make an impact!

Originally posted by CowboyFromHell

Any half wit could have looked good in that side. Heck, even I would have looked good down back for you guys!

Next you will tell us Daniel Metropolis will come out of retirement and kick 60 in a pocket beside Croad who will kick 150. You are dreaming mate.

Time and time again, you have to troll when Freo are being discussed.

Originally posted by funky_monk

Actually agree with most of what you are saying but this statement is incorrect. Several times last year in the last quarter Pav went on the ball and got the game sealing/ match turning goal.

Was used as an impact player in the midfield last year and that he did.. make an impact!

Yeah I agree with that. I happen to agree with most of what TC is saying as well.

The game gets quicker...the Dockers get slower. Maybe their predicting muddy condititions every week at Subi...
Personally i can't wait till the hot Sunday afternoon Derby comes around this year on that giant Subi oval.
Dockers line up with Pavlich, Headland, Bell, Haselby and Cook in midfield....
West Coast have up 10- 12 quick skilled midfielders (Cousins, Kerr, Judd, Matera, Wirrapunda, Fletcher, Sampi, Chick, Wooden, Jones, Chambers, Braun, Morrison, Adkins,) rotate through there all day long...
their slowest midfielder as quick as Freo's quickest.

The 15 goal thrashings are about to return...haahhaha

Originally posted by El Cid
The game gets quicker...the Dockers get slower. Maybe their predicting muddy condititions every week at Subi...
Personally i can't wait till the hot Sunday afternoon Derby comes around this year on that giant Subi oval.
Dockers line up with Pavlich, Headland, Bell, Haselby and Cook in midfield....
West Coast have up 10- 12 quick skilled midfielders (Cousins, Kerr, Judd, Matera, Wirrapunda, Fletcher, Sampi, Chick, Wooden, Jones, Chambers, Braun, Morrison, Adkins,) rotate through there all day long...
their slowest midfielder as quick as Freo's quickest.

The 15 goal thrashings are about to return...haahhaha

Isn't that what you all were saying before the last derby?

I seem to recall Pavlich and Hasleby destroying your side.

Well it was a night game but I think the first quarter was a good indication of where things lie. We wanted the easy shootout heading into a finals series...you were playing your GF...as usual against us.
Thats why your coach said "We decided to turn everything into a contest" post-game. He knew he couldn't beat us in class.

Remove this Banner Ad

Des Hedland...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back