Design a new jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately it would draw attention for all the wrong reasons despite the pretty spiffy design and I can't help but think it would be a little offsetting to have Nicholas in the jumper since he didn't enjoy any comparison whatsoever to the great one.

Yeah as I said before, I think the Winmar jumper would be OK as just a one off for the indigenous round or something. However I wouldn't think it's a good idea to have a player's image on a regular jumper.

Yeah as I said before, I think the Winmar jumper would be OK as just a one off for the indigenous round or something. However I wouldn't think it's a good idea to have a player's image on a regular jumper.

I would Buy the jumper get a picture of the incident and frame the two get Winmar to sign it and Hang it high and Proud in my Pool room. Sorry but seriously that jumper makes me proud to be an Australian! No one individual is greater than the club, however, when one single man stands up to a Mob and shows Pride, Courage and Strength, why wouldn't you put that great man over your Heart and wear it with pride? Abraham Linchon, JFK, Martin Luthar King, Barack Obama, these guys are instantly recognisable through out the world, Ali, Tommie Smith and John Carlos. All recognisable as Coloured men that stood up to the White man and are respected in the droves. Not just for Saint Kilda, But for Australia itself, I think it would be wonderful for the Brand of both AFL and the Saint Kilda Football club.

I would Buy the jumper get a picture of the incident and frame the two get Winmar to sign it and Hang it high and Proud in my Pool room. Sorry but seriously that jumper makes me proud to be an Australian! No one individual is greater than the club, however, when one single man stands up to a Mob and shows Pride, Courage and Strength, why wouldn't you put that great man over your Heart and wear it with pride? Abraham Linchon, JFK, Martin Luthar King, Barack Obama, these guys are instantly recognisable through out the world, Ali, Tommie Smith and John Carlos. All recognisable as Coloured men that stood up to the White man and are respected in the droves. Not just for Saint Kilda, But for Australia itself, I think it would be wonderful for the Brand of both AFL and the Saint Kilda Football club.

I'm not saying I don't like the design or the whole idea of it, however I just don't think it would be appropriate as the teams regular jumper. I mean no other players are represented on other teams jumpers and I would think Winmar himself would be a bit embarrassed to have his image as a permanent fixture on the jumper.

Having said that, I think it would be fantastic as a one off jumper we could wear for the indigenous round since that image is associated with standing up for indigenous rights in the AFL. I'd buy a signed jumper myself if one was available. We could even invite Winmar to the game and he could present a medal to the best Saints player on the day.

Since there hasn't been many new jumpers posted i thought i would give it a got, this is my first jumper so its pretty basic :D

untitled.png

I wouldn't mind seeing one of those designs with the white stripe centred on the jumper.
All the jumpers on this page are better then the NAB cup one I believe.
Do you guys have anything against a yellow clash strip? I was thinking of creating a couple.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't mind seeing one of those designs with the white stripe centred on the jumper.
All the jumpers on this page are better then the NAB cup one I believe.
Do you guys have anything against a yellow clash strip? I was thinking of creating a couple.

If done well. The onyl yellow we've had though is force change with the Germans and that abhorrent yellow peril Pura jumper so it'd have ti be pretty spiffy merely based on why we'd use it to begin with you would think.

Concepts are always good though.:thumbsu:

St kilda has never worn hoops and if we ever do i will be mightily pissed off, we have worn vertical stripes, crosses and v's.

We need to protect our tradition.

Massive :thumbsu: to both Indigenous Jumpers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Design a new jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

Back