Dhoni banned for 4th Test- Slow over rate

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After the appeal the second test will be awarded to India, and warner and siddle forcibly rested for the 4th test which will allow India to draw the series.

Further the slow over-rate is Indian culture which means I love you...:thumbsu::D

We should ban our keeper too. Only fair.

That was awesome. I lol'd.

Now before I say this I will say I love Ponting. However I don't think he ever got a ban for the same thing. Are they just finally starting to really crack down on this.

If it becomes a problem in the future they could just name the bowler most likely not to play in the next test as captain. On paper only of course.:D

if i recall correctly, i think he was charged for the team's slow over rate during the away series against the windies (june or july 2011?)

i believe a second offence within 12 months then means an automatic suspension

Part of me cannot help but think that a player getting banned as a result of a slow over rate in a test that was over in 2.5 days is harsh.

This is a ridiculously over-the-top punishment. Especially given the test didn't even go half the distance so the over-rate had no bearing on anything at all.

And did anyone notice a particularly slow over-rate anyways? I actually remember the ABC commentators mentioning that the over-rate was actually quite quick and that there wasn't even a long enough break between the overs for the news headlines to be completed.

indian fans seem pleased. have to agree with ganguly when he says that dhoni's heart isn't in the game, obvious from his supposed comments along the lines of 'i might retire in 2013'.
don't think dhoni will be too bothered, apart from losing match payments.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dhoni banned for 4th Test- Slow over rate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back