Diamond Valley Under 19s

Remove this Banner Ad

What happened to the players from P'side U'19 team from last year? I see a couple got cleared to Watsy. Their B+F went to Nth H. I checked some other leagues results and found a heap of them playing for B'Wick Pwr, in their seniors. I am sure those guys are still eligable for U'19, even next yr. Where have the others gone? Not playing? If a club had a real good recruiting crew, they could have picked up some under age players, from the P'side u/19, and some really good senior players from reservoir + F.Park, all in the one yr.
I would believe such an opportunity wouldnt come up too often.

What happened to the players from P'side U'19 team from last year? I see a couple got cleared to Watsy. Their B+F went to Nth H. I checked some other leagues results and found a heap of them playing for B'Wick Pwr, in their seniors. I am sure those guys are still eligable for U'19, even next yr. Where have the others gone? Not playing? If a club had a real good recruiting crew, they could have picked up some under age players, from the P'side u/19, and some really good senior players from reservoir + F.Park, all in the one yr.
I would believe such an opportunity wouldnt come up too often.

some have stayed there mate and are playin in there 1s or 2s there. seems to have paid off with there seniors off to a good start to a seniors, i dont think 19s have ever played in tehre 1s there instead they keep there 19s all in the one team. not to sure but good luck to them consedering there problems offfield

Just looking at the ladder for the 19's, I would have thought you should be getting 4 points for having a bye.
I dont like this percentage win stuff. It seems to be a bit of a disadvantage to a team having mulitple Byes.

Consider the following sceniro
Teams A and B finish 4th and 5th at the end of the season

Team A has 17 games and 1 Bye
Team B has 16 games and 2 Byes

They play each other twice, one win each.
Both teams play teams C,D,E a total of 5 times, both losing all 5.
They both win all other games.

Team A Played 17 Won 11 lost 6
Team B Played 16 Won 10 lost 6

If using % win
Team A would have 64.7%
Team B would have 62.5%

If using 4 points for bye
Team A would have 48 points
Team B would have 48 points
It would then come done to % to decide who makes finals

Mernda have also picked up Luke Thorneycroft from Hurstbridge...
LLmoose how come he has transfered across, mates with some of the blokes at mernda or just unhappy at bridge pretty hand pick up decent player, you guys definately have the making of a very good team who could potentially go all the way this year, all the best :thumbsu:

We played Reservoir today and god are they terrible. It was disgusting. Ended up winning by 200 points...
Yep... disgusting is the best word to sum it up.
As watthe said, we played them in Round 2 and they didnt have one player that stood out or even looked the goods. Some of them even had the nerve to be mouthing off, from the 1st qtr to the last.
When your teams that bad, you probably shouldn't be bagging blokes on the other side for missing goals.

Lower is up against Thommo this week. They're winless, but havent really been flogged yet either. Just wondering what some of you that have played them think?

Yep... disgusting is the best word to sum it up.
As watthe said, we played them in Round 2 and they didnt have one player that stood out or even looked the goods. Some of them even had the nerve to be mouthing off, from the 1st qtr to the last.
When your teams that bad, you probably shouldn't be bagging blokes on the other side for missing goals.

Lower is up against Thommo this week. They're winless, but havent really been flogged yet either. Just wondering what some of you that have played them think?
'

i hear you go alright in a fight!!!

saw you in action agaisnt watsy!

Thommo aren't too bad but won't win many games. Thorney came across because he got stuck into the trap many do... hang around mernda too long and you can't help but come there. I fell for that too. We have now got our full side from last year plus 4 blokes from Eppings u19s and 3 from other teams that are all good players. We really shouldnt have lost to morang and are 100% better since then.

Well I have heard great things about him but don't know much else. He looked alright playing against reservoir although its hard to take anything from a 200 point flogging. Going by that performance and his training I would say he is just as good as two or three other blokes we have running around. We are yet to have all guns firing, Last years 2nd or third comp B&F Tyson Truong is yet to play a ripper game, Im having a decent goal drought and a few other good players are yet to fire so keep a close eye on mernda in the coming weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I have heard great things about him but don't know much else. He looked alright playing against reservoir although its hard to take anything from a 200 point flogging. Going by that performance and his training I would say he is just as good as two or three other blokes we have running around. We are yet to have all guns firing, Last years 2nd or third comp B&F Tyson Truong is yet to play a ripper game, Im having a decent goal drought and a few other good players are yet to fire so keep a close eye on mernda in the coming weeks.

Sheltz is one of the most talented footy players ive seen, it was a shame he quit knights he couldve had a big future. once he gets over his groin injurys and gets fit i cant see anybody in division 2 stopping him.

Let's not wrap him up too much, yes fully fit he would be a certain starter in a Div 1 1st XV111, but he has piked it and gone to Mernda because besides them and Macleod there is no competition and it will be easy for him, if he had any character he would have gone to Bundoora.

Let's not wrap him up too much, yes fully fit he would be a certain starter in a Div 1 1st XV111, but he has piked it and gone to Mernda because besides them and Macleod there is no competition and it will be easy for him, if he had any character he would have gone to Bundoora.[/QUOTE

he hasnt piked it, he hasnt peaked yet either hes only 17 he was gonna hav the year off , i guess he couldnt stand sitting on the sidelines any longer, i cant tell u exactly y he went to mernda but i think it might have something to do with the fact that his two best mates are running around out 4 them he plays cricket there and like LLmoose said before like so many others have done he hung around the mernda crowd and couldnt help but become apart of it.

Let's not wrap him up too much, yes fully fit he would be a certain starter in a Div 1 1st XV111, but he has piked it and gone to Mernda because besides them and Macleod there is no competition and it will be easy for him, if he had any character he would have gone to Bundoora.[/QUOTE

he hasnt piked it, he hasnt peaked yet either hes only 17 he was gonna hav the year off , i guess he couldnt stand sitting on the sidelines any longer, i cant tell u exactly y he went to mernda but i think it might have something to do with the fact that his two best mates are running around out 4 them he plays cricket there and like LLmoose said before like so many others have done he hung around the mernda crowd and couldnt help but become apart of it.

Course he has, signed up a week before any new rego's closed, after watching the opposition and saw a Premiership and league B&F coming up.
Bet you he has told the club he will not play ones football..

Course he has, signed up a week before any new rego's closed, after watching the opposition and saw a Premiership and league B&F coming up.
Bet you he has told the club he will not play ones football..

u obviously dont know the bloke wel, for starters he wouldnt even know wen rego closes hes too carless, secondly his not the type of bloke who plays for trophys, sure he has a massive pile but its because he earns them, most of them he won in div1 yarra consecutivly, so he could easily do the same in NFL standards, and bundy are looking straight down the barrel at a premiership more likley than mernda, everyone knows he is capable of winning individual awards at bundy and mernda but i think it comes down to who he wants to enjoy his footy with, ENJOY a key factor why he isnt playing at knights this season

LLmoose just wondering if u could giv me sum info on a player down at mernda by the name of brian snout a.k.a snort a.k.a brett smout?? heard he's got a bita toe about him the young fella and doesnt mind a beverage or 17 afta a game aswell

regards,

bernard francese

Ladder Predictions for Div 1 and 2 2007

DIV ONE
1. Bundoora
2. Greensborough
3. Diamond Creek
4. West Preston
5. Montmerency
6. Epping
7. Eltham
8. Northcote Park
9. North Heidelberg

DIV TWO
1. Hurstbridge
2. Lower Plenty
3. Macleod
4. Lalor
5. Wallan
6. Thomastown
7. Watsonia
8. Parkside
9. Mernda
10. Heidelberg West

Id say you could put in whittlesea who would be pushing for under 19s.
not to sure if other clubs are having 19s in division two with the likes of reservoir, kinglake etc. the teams that had 17s would push for 19s you would think.
does anyone know anything related to that??:confused:

LOL both premiership sides in bottom 2......real smart....great judge

Where you been dv07 ?

yeah been around m8. takin abit of interest in the old ammos thread but havent really said much. saw that someone replied to a comment made earlier in the year so i thought id jump on and reply. not that this account wil be used much more:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Diamond Valley Under 19s

Remove this Banner Ad

Back