Status
Not open for further replies.

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
I was stunned to see the score line late tonight.

What happened?
Was Malthouse resting half the side?

Anyone who saw the game care to fill us in?

collingwood won the game in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

in cruise control before geelong and then WCE.

Brisbane really matched Collingwood in the first half all over the ground, but then the Pies got away in the 3rd, and finally the Lions kicked 7 goals to 2 in the last to close the margin to 18 points (which was a reflection of the difference between the 2 sides tonight IMO). Wasn't a bad game either, pretty entertaining in parts.

Collingwood seemed a bit young and inexperienced than usual but a fantastic effort by the lions. They cut up the press in the last quarter. The scoreline was 90-48 with 11 minutes left on the clock in the last quarter and they piled on 6 goals to 2 in the last 11 minutes or so. I was really impressed. Mick however, did not seem that impressed. Funny game as i expected the north vs fremantle game to be a tight contest and this game to be a blowout.

Anyone saying that the Pies intentionally took the foot off the pedal are clearly in damage control mode.

Mick was clearly unhappy.

Good effort from Brisbane tonight. If the umps didn't rob Cornelius of a goal he clearly kicked and we had Merrett out there to play on Cloke, it could have been yet another against the odds Lions win over the Pies... there has been a few of those in the last few years.

God Leuenberger is a freak.

Did Pie Eyed's thread really upset you that much Herne?

No. But I see you remember it too and like me saw it for what it was. Just thought I'd throw one back.:D

I'm surprised it lasted on the main board. Some people obviously aren't too bright.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone saying that the Pies intentionally took the foot off the pedal are clearly in damage control mode.

Good effort from Brisbane tonight. If the umps didn't rob Cornelius of a goal he clearly kicked and we had Merrett out there to play on Cloke, it could have been yet another against the odds Lions win over the Pies... there has been a few of those in the last few years.

Yes. If only.

was there a game tonight?

There was.

Unfortunately, now that I'm in the west and waiting for Foxtel to get hooked up (11th Sept) I had to make do with North and Freo, or as much as I could stomach anyway.

Great win by North, but as someone asked in another thread. Do Freo have any heart?

Collingwood seemed a bit young and inexperienced than usual but a fantastic effort by the lions. They cut up the press in the last quarter. The scoreline was 90-48 with 11 minutes left on the clock in the last quarter and they piled on 6 goals to 2 in the last 11 minutes or so. I was really impressed. Mick however, did not seem that impressed. Funny game as i expected the north vs fremantle game to be a tight contest and this game to be a blowout.

Bout this.

Mick was not happy at all. One could see that he said to the player at quarter time break that he was on a ****ing warning.
And I thought the north freo game would be the close one as well.

Cos the umpires were so on Collingwoods side tonite.:rolleyes:

We didn't take the foot off the pedal intentionally, we were as flat as a shit carters hat all night. Played 1/4 of footy and 3/4 of rubbish. Worst game I've seen us play this year.

4 first yr players

players being played out of position

6 changes from last week's team

plenty of best 22 players not playing

all in all a pretty boring and lacklustre game

3 first yr players

7 players less than 50 games

only 6 players with 100 games

plenty of best 22 players not playing, and some playing on comeback from injury.

all in all our boys fought it out well:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back