Did anyone watch the Lions, Pies game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

3 first yr players

7 players less than 50 games

only 6 players with 100 games

plenty of best 22 players not playing, and some playing on comeback from injury.

all in all our boys fought it out well:thumbsu:

Despite whinges from Collingwood supporters about being undermanned, two inclusions for Brisbane would have yielded a different result. Brown and Merritt are the names.

Truthfully though, it seemed to me that Collingwood did just as much as required, which may be a problem in itself. Geez they're good when they turn it on. I love to watch their current team play. As I do to watch Geelong. If you've got two such great teams, along with (only slightly less great) West Coast and Hawthorn, the finals will be at the very least interesting.

Having failed miserably as a mainchancer, with the introduction of a slew of middle-aged footballers to his team, Voss's second string of being able to develop youth has come to the fore. Can't really be disappointed with the commitment of the players in all but a couple of games this season, even though we've only won four. That's all I've ever wanted from my team - that they don't dog it.

most of the pies players looked like they really couldn't be f*%ked tonight. the kids were enthusiastic enough and fasolo could well hold his spot in the 22 for finals. pies never in any danger of losing, had they converted more efficiently would have been 12 goals up at 3/4 time. which is pretty remarkable given my opening statement. i wouldn't be fooled by the final scoreline - apart from the 1st quarter bris weren't that good. and the umps just go from bad to worse. 2 of the worst decisions of the year tonight - cloke shepherded out of the marking contest at the ponsford end and i think it was young in the last quarter literally ridden into the grould like a horse on centre wing mcc members side only for play on to be called?? bris clearly got the better end of the stick all night

Anyone saying that the Pies intentionally took the foot off the pedal are clearly in damage control mode.

Mick was clearly unhappy.

Good effort from Brisbane tonight. If the umps didn't rob Cornelius of a goal he clearly kicked and we had Merrett out there to play on Cloke, it could have been yet another against the odds Lions win over the Pies... there has been a few of those in the last few years.

God Leuenberger is a freak.

If the umpire correctly paid a free kick for in the back in the contest before where your player jumped, drove his knees into our player's back and then didn't attempt the mark Cornelius wouldn't have even had the shot. Good try though :thumbsu:

P.S. If Merrett played? If Shaw, Welligham, Davis, Johnson, N Brown, Dawes, Maxwell and Krakouer played we probably would have won by 100 but good try....

You follow the wrong sport. Anyway, of you're looking for porpoises, you're more likely better served by an iron man event.
lolwut it's true. Brisbane don't have anything to play for and I'm sure all Collingwood cares about right now is staying healthy and preparing for September.

Gee, Collingwood supporters are becoming really arrogant this season. The Lions put up a pretty good effort tonight, considering the ridiculous odds going into the game and the fact they have only won 4 games for the season. At least show some gratitude for Brisbane giving a contest most of the night.

I really hope Geelong win the flag this year and shut you all up, otherwise it is going to be one long Summer on BF.

Anyone saying that the Pies intentionally took the foot off the pedal are clearly in damage control mode.

Good effort from Brisbane tonight. If the umps didn't rob Cornelius of a goal he clearly kicked and we had Merrett out there to play on Cloke, it could have been yet another against the odds Lions win over the Pies... there has been a few of those in the last few years.

19 wins and 1 loss.

.... some serious damage there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood put a younger team than Brisbane out on the park tonight. I also thought Brisbane played quite well, but they also had their outs as well I guess.

its amazing these threads get started every time a team gets close to beating the pies or cats. the fact is for the last 5 or 6 weeks they have been on a totally different program to most other teams as they have known they'll finish top 2. both clubs havent given a shit about h&a games for the last few weeks, they have every player on a strict game time and training schedule to be ready to peak for the finals. (hawks will do this now too now that they are secure for 3rd) the same thread was started last week about the cats v crows game. does anyone really think that if this game or the cats, crows gane was meaningful that the resukts would be the same? the fact is, tonight the pies did what they had to do to win and that was play 20 mins of serious footy, and they (and the cats ) have been doing it for the last month.

Gee, Collingwood supporters are becoming really arrogant this season. The Lions put up a pretty good effort tonight, considering the ridiculous odds going into the game and the fact they have only won 4 games for the season. At least show some gratitude for Brisbane giving a contest most of the night.

Correct, the foot never even got near the pedal, in fact the keys are still on the kitchen bench.

It was a training drill

Hmm I see.

lol. A moral victory was it ? How cute :)

its amazing these threads get started every time a team gets close to beating the pies or cats. the fact is for the last 5 or 6 weeks they have been on a totally different program to most other teams as they have known they'll finish top 2. both clubs havent given a shit about h&a games for the last few weeks, they have every player on a strict game time and training schedule to be ready to peak for the finals. (hawks will do this now too now that they are secure for 3rd) the same thread was started last week about the cats v crows game. does anyone really think that if this game or the cats, crows gane was meaningful that the resukts would be the same? the fact is, tonight the pies did what they had to do to win and that was play 20 mins of serious footy, and they (and the cats ) have been doing it for the last month.

Thankyou. This thread is a pisstake and last weeks was a troll.

A lot of sensitive pies supporters in this thread.

I guess it's not the ideal tune up for a finals campaign. Mick was certainly livid.

I guess it just shows where the 2 teams are. 1 team which really does not need to win brings in 6 kids plays 1 decent qtr of footy and has 13 more scoring shots and eases up at the line like black cavier yet the supporter and coaches are dissapointed.

The other side gets withina few goals, plays out of their skin has 13 less scoring shots and in 1 quarter comes close to conseeding and inside 50 record and kicks a stack of junk time goals and there supporters are doing cartwheels.

We had 2 shockers leading into the finals last year as did geelong and st kilda the year before when they were clearly the best 2 teams going around.

I'm still sleeping pretty well.

Collingwood maybe favorite for the flag but I wouldnt discount Geelong and Hawthorn or even WC and Carlton as outside chances to beat Collingwood in the finals.
The gap that the Pies had early in the season dosent look that big anymore.

Even though last night they were below strength they were still playing at home against a against the lowly Lions and struggled all game which could be a bad sign this close to the finals.

Lol. One you think you could have won and two complaining about umpires. We paid you the respect you deserved, none, fielded half a side and did it on the bit.

Collingwood maybe favorite for the flag but I wouldnt discount Geelong and Hawthorn or even WC and Carlton as outside chances to beat Collingwood in the finals.
The gap that the Pies had early in the season dosent look that big anymore.

Even though last night they were below strength they were still playing at home against a against the lowly Lions and struggled all game which could be a bad sign this close to the finals.

You and sheedy will get on well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back