Did the Pies players get it wrong??

Remove this Banner Ad

Erm ... don't they only vote on games they broadcast?

Nope. The around the ground reporters for each of the stations give their votes and as every game is covered in that method, if not broadcast, every game is included.

Edit: Beaten to it by Hawthorn United, that'll teach me for only reading the first page.

The MVP voting method once handed the most courageous award to Ryan Lonie

He never won it, just polled the votes from the Lions players.

That is when they changed the system to where the clubs nominate a player for all players to then vote on.

So if I'm reading these posts correctly, last year Collingwood supporters rated the MVP and AFLCA ahead of the Brownlow and this year they dont?

So if I'm reading these posts correctly, last year Collingwood supporters rated the MVP and AFLCA ahead of the Brownlow and this year they dont?
Clearly you're not reading these posts correctly. Many Pies fans on this board have stated categorically that they believe the Brownlow is a crock by comparison with the MVP. That isn't to say that they wouldn't take the brownlow given the false aura in which it is held by the media and those who know nothing about footy but most would agree it really is the biggest load of BS.

Can't believe everyone is saying pendlebury had a better year than swan. Did he win any awards? Swan beat him by 17 votes in the SEN award which had him on the exact same number as Brownlow 34 votes, probably should have won ABC as well only for Parkin's bias towards Mitchell late in the season who gave no votes to swan when he got three brownlow votes. The herald sun had swan on 10 BOG's and pendles on 8 and judd on seven. So it was no suprise. Swan has had his best year if you use the stats to decide this, most clearances for pies, inside 50's, goal assists and metres gained just behind pendles in contested possessions and has kicked the most career goals this season. Did the umps get it wrong? No, it could have been judd, murphy, pendles or swan. Swan stormed home and deserved it. I wonder how much the media play in convincing people and also people today rely too much on supercoach and dreamtime stats. As for the MVP nomination that is done early in the season and at that time thomas, cloke and pendles were doing well, they also would have known about Swan's injuries before going to Arizona. Do people forget that he came off the preseason winning the best International rules player as well. The umps got it right in my opinion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back