Food/Supplements Diet Diet, Supplements and Enhancers - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

hmmmm yes but what about on the occasions steak isn't available? Is there a brand of supplements you recommend? Like what brand of vitamin D do you use?

B12 is best taken sublingual or injected.
All sources probably come out of the same factory, just check the fillers.
Vege caps a better cos heat is used to bind the tablets.
Ethical nutrients cold press their tablets( well the use to) but the tab would contain fillers no doubt.

hmmmm yes but what about on the occasions steak isn't available? Is there a brand of supplements you recommend? Like what brand of vitamin D do you use?
It's my understanding that a lot of vegos/vegans get quarterly B12 shots from their doc. A lot of suplements around may technically contain it but don't get absorbed by the body, whereas the shots are more reliable.

I am actually quite interested in how you like and cook your steak??

Is well done the way to go or should it be more rare? Or is it purely just a preference thing with no real difference?
Any particular way that you cook yours?

I am actually quite interested in how you like and cook your steak??

Is well done the way to go or should it be more rare? Or is it purely just a preference thing with no real difference?
Any particular way that you cook yours?

Oven baked in water on low heat cooked slowly.
Medium to medium rare.
Nothing is best over cooked/well done

You don't need to load creatine but it just means it may take longer to fill your stores.
Companies will always suggest loading so you go thru more product.

If loading-
5g x 3 for 7 days
5g post work out
On non training days you can consume 5g anytime of the day as a maintenance dose ,but if your training most days a week, missing a day or two of creatine maybe more of a benefit than detrimental.

Can you explain this a bit more?

At the moment Im going with 3 x 5g for training days (4x a week) then just 1 x 5g for the other 3 rest days.
Quite open to change my dosage.

Now how many weeks do you recommend I keep this up for?
Then do I just go off it for few weeks then get back on it? Or just reduce my intake?

Cheers

really? only raw food vegans have to worry about b12 deficiency. paleos get heaps

I know, but i'm doing it so i don't have to worry about berocca and crap at rainbow. I'm hoping a muscular B12 injection before i go will sort me out. I also have warrior super greens and 5 HTP...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's my understanding that a lot of vegos/vegans get quarterly B12 shots from their doc. A lot of suplements around may technically contain it but don't get absorbed by the body, whereas the shots are more reliable.
If any needs shots of any vitamin I'd suggest they look at the deficiencies in their diet - even vegans can get all the nutrients they need if they eat properly

B Vitamins are aminly found in meat hence why Vegans are usually low in them.

B12 injections are common amongst pro athletes for 2 reasons.

heavy workload periods of exercise/training can take its toll on the body so b12 injections provide energy & hope fight fatigue.

B12 keeps your homocysteine levels in check , higher the level the higher chance of a heart attack.
PED's increase your homocysteine levels , so any pro injecting leaves you to presume why.
hence why majority of pro bodybuilders inject b12, it's not usually for the energy, same with race horses.

Docs will say your level should be between 5-10 but closer to 0 the better.

Can you explain this a bit more?

At the moment Im going with 3 x 5g for training days (4x a week) then just 1 x 5g for the other 3 rest days.
Quite open to change my dosage.

Now how many weeks do you recommend I keep this up for?
Then do I just go off it for few weeks then get back on it? Or just reduce my intake?

Cheers

Paul Chek was a big supplement n fitness guru of the nineties.
From his tests he did with his clients he found they responded better from cycling creatine during the week.
Post training don't use it on rest days.
Lowering your stores in between training days or days when not training,meant your body soaked it up better on the days you used it.
Something about keeping your responsive mechanism active & not allowing to become to formal by dosing creatine everyday

What brand of magnesium do you use ablett?

It's more so the source I seek than the brand.
Magnesium Glycinate for pre bed
Magnesium oratate or citrate for day time

I buy from iherb.com & search for vege caps , then best price.

Magnesium needs to be taken with potassium for it to enter the cells.

It's more so the source I seek than the brand.
Magnesium Glycinate for pre bed
Magnesium oratate or citrate for day time

I buy from iherb.com & search for vege caps , then best price.

Magnesium needs to be taken with potassium for it to enter the cells.
Sorry to be a pain but could you list the brands?

Looking at iHerb there are so many different brands, each with different amounts, fillers, ingredients etc

quote="Borshk, post: 31532694, member: 99169"]Sorry to be a pain but could you list the brands?

Looking at iHerb there are so many different brands, each with different amounts, fillers, ingredients etc[/quote]

Last order:

Now Foods, Potassium Citrate, 99 mg, 180 Capsules

Life Extension, Boron, 3 mg, 100 Veggie Caps

Nature's Answer, Vitamin D-3 Drops, 4000 IU, 15 ml

Healthy Origins, Ubiquinol ( Kaneka QH ), New Soy Free, Non-GMO Formula, 100 mg, 60 Softgels

Kirkman Labs, Magnesium Glycinate, Bio-Max Series, 100 Capsules

Remove this Banner Ad

Food/Supplements Diet Diet, Supplements and Enhancers - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back