Current Disappearance of 3yo William Tyrrell Pt 2 * FM guilty of assault & intimidation

Remove this Banner Ad

Continued from PART 1

Criminal charges the former foster parents currently face as at 15 April 2022 include:
  • Apprehended Violence Orders on both (AVOs)
  • Lying to the NSW Crime Commission on former foster mother *Not Guilty
  • Lying to the NSW Crime Commission on former foster father *Not Guilty
  • 2 x charges of assault against a child on former foster mother *Guilty
  • 1 x charge of assault against a child on former foster father *Not Guilty
  • Stalking &/or Intimidation on both *Guilty
  • Dummy bidding real estate fraud *Guilty
TIMELINE

Where's William Tyrrell? - The Ch 10 podcast (under Coroner's subpoena)

Operation Arkstone

Last edited:
I just feel sick at all these suggestions. How anyone could do anything other than be concerned for the well-being of a child is beyond me.
Yep, I know the world is populated by by people who think against the far extremes of my acceptance - but we need some hope for society. Please don’t let those he turned to for comfort, be responsible for his demise 🙏
Well, the NSW police announced the FM as their sole person of interest in this crime.

Investigators offered a brief of evidence to the Director of Public Prosecutions, recommending the woman be charged with perverting the course of justice and interfering with a corpse.

Of course, now homicide detectives investigating his disappearance have reportedly asked the director of public prosecutions to pause its review of evidence against her.

The suggestion that the FM may have done something, has come from homicide detectives. It’s not a suggestion that has originated from the public or from members of the public. Heck, we’ve all been told for years by the Where’s William campaign that William is definitely a victim of an abduction.

IMO

Well, the NSW police announced the FM as their sole person of interest in this crime.

Investigators offered a brief of evidence to the Director of Public Prosecutions, recommending the woman be charged with perverting the course of justice and interfering with a corpse.

Of course, now homicide detectives investigating his disappearance have reportedly asked the director of public prosecutions to pause its review of evidence against her.

The suggestion that the FM may have done something, has come from homicide detectives. It’s not a suggestion that has originated from the public or from members of the public. Heck, we’ve all been told for years by the Where’s William campaign that William is definitely a victim of an abduction.

IMO
Imagine if FM is guilty and she’s kept the where’s William campaign going for ten years. It would be even more sickening.

I can't remember exactly, but I think MW made a comment (either at the Coronial Inquest, or possibly at the trial of FM for assault/intimidate) to the effect that she knew or had known the FM prior to William and his sister going into care.
If this is the case, then I think questions need to be ask about whether the correct legal process was followed, and due diligence performed, or was the placement 'fast-tracked', were various checks by-passed because of this relationship.
I always found it alarming that plans were being made to move William and his sister from the foster care system into an adoption situation. This is highly irregular, and I wonder what special circumstances applied to allow this to happen. Foster care is not normally a pathway to adoption - the primary aim should be reunification of the biological family (unless that becomes impossible). I don't see how the system could allow William and his sister to be adopted (without parental consent) while their biological parents and other family members were still alive, and capable of rehabilitation. (Karlie has since raised other children for example.)
one word ‘EXACTLY’

Unfortunately adoption of children in long term care is quite common.
Not common. It does happen that children move from the foster system to the adoption system, but they are not, and should not be the same system.
Even less common for the foster carers to become adoptive parents. I do not know of any other case where this has happened in the absence of an extraordinary event (e.g. unexpected death of both bio parents).

Not common. It does happen that children move from the foster system to the adoption system, but they are not, and should not be the same system.
Even less common for the foster carers to become adoptive parents. I do not know of any other case where this has happened in the absence of an extraordinary event (e.g. unexpected death of both bio parents).
If children are in foster care long term this does occur more often than people are aware. The bio parents do not have to be deceased.
As I mentioned it sucks (in a lot of cases) but it is a process FP can take if child safety see fit and the court agrees.

If children are in foster care long term this does occur more often than people are aware. The bio parents do not have to be deceased.
As I mentioned it sucks (in a lot of cases) but it is a process FP can take if child safety see fit and the court agrees.

Not to my knowledge, (which I confess is more related to the system in Victoria than NSW). The system I am familiar with is the same for respite, emergency, short-term and long-term foster care placements. The primary objective is reunification with biological family, wherever possible and safe. The system attempts to address both the needs of the children and the parents. Foster carers are simply volunteers to assist in that process. They are not 'prospective adoptive parents' - they are temporary or interim carers. "Long-term" placements are not usual or normal. Placements are subject to court orders, and usually start with 2 weeks (in an emergency or say the first time a child goes into care), then are extended to say 3 months or 6 months or whatever period the court deems appropriate before further review. Siblings of children already in care may get a longer initial placement because the court will be aware of the particular circumstances. Other than respite arrangements, when we were asked to take children as an emergency placement, it was always for "2 weeks until they go to court", then "wait and see". Sometimes the children stayed longer, sometimes they went back to the bio parents or other family member; sometimes they went to a long-term placement with other foster carers (if they were a better 'fit'). Never (ever) were children presented as potential adoptees, by us or anyone else.

The adoption system I am familiar with is completely separate from the "children and young people in need of care" system. It is aimed at finding permanent families for children where a decision has been made that this is appropriate.

PS - while I think were 'good' foster parents, I would never have considered us suitable as adoptive parents for very young children, as I was too old (in my own opinion).

Not to my knowledge, (which I confess is more related to the system in Victoria than NSW). The system I am familiar with is the same for respite, emergency, short-term and long-term foster care placements. The primary objective is reunification with biological family, wherever possible and safe. The system attempts to address both the needs of the children and the parents. Foster carers are simply volunteers to assist in that process. They are not 'prospective adoptive parents' - they are temporary or interim carers. "Long-term" placements are not usual or normal. Placements are subject to court orders, and usually start with 2 weeks (in an emergency or say the first time a child goes into care), then are extended to say 3 months or 6 months or whatever period the court deems appropriate before further review. Siblings of children already in care may get a longer initial placement because the court will be aware of the particular circumstances. Other than respite arrangements, when we were asked to take children as an emergency placement, it was always for "2 weeks until they go to court", then "wait and see". Sometimes the children stayed longer, sometimes they went back to the bio parents or other family member; sometimes they went to a long-term placement with other foster carers (if they were a better 'fit'). Never (ever) were children presented as potential adoptees, by us or anyone else.

The adoption system I am familiar with is completely separate from the "children and young people in need of care" system. It is aimed at finding permanent families for children where a decision has been made that this is appropriate.

PS - while I think were 'good' foster parents, I would never have considered us suitable as adoptive parents for very young children, as I was too old (in my own opinion).
Child safety is designed to reunify children but those in long term care and if it’s believed the children should not be reunified with their bio parents, often go through this process.
My area has a high percentage of children in care where adoption is an avenue taken.
It’s interesting that William’s FP were taking this avenue and how much support for this they had from child safety as clearly William’s bio parents were against this and if child safety/court would have overridden William’s bio parents requests as they can do.

Last edited:
Child safety is designed to reunify children but those in long term care and if it’s believed the children should not be reunified with their bio parents, often go through this process.
My area has a high percentage of children in care where adoption is an avenue taken.
It’s interesting that William’s FP were taking this avenue and how much support for this they had from child safety as clearly William’s bio parents were against this and if child safety/court would have overridden William’s bio parents requests as they can do.
I don't know much about the adoption system and whether it has changed in the last 10-20 years but my experience and observations were that a couple in their 50s such as the fosters would be ineligible or at least placed way down the long waiting list of prospective adoptive parents in 2014.

I don't know much about the adoption system and whether it has changed in the last 10-20 years but my experience and observations were that a couple in their 50s such as the fosters would be ineligible or at least placed way down the long waiting list of prospective adoptive parents in 2014.
They were in their late forties at the time and probably similar (but not exactly the same) as Grandparents who take on the role of caring for their Grandchildren and do a really good job, and I believe the FP were eligible as as they were looking into the process. I’m guessing because it wouldn’t make sense to put the children with others after they’ve already been in their long term care for 3 and 5 years.
I believe normal adoption eligibility id different to carer to adoption eligibility.
As you say Vic might be different.

If you go into view eligibility requirements there’s no upper age in NSW.

Last edited:
They were in their late forties at the time and probably similar (but not exactly the same) as Grandparents who take on the role of caring for their Grandchildren and do a really good job, and I believe the FP were eligible as as they were looking into the process. I’m guessing because it wouldn’t make sense to put the children with others after they’ve already been in their long term care for 3 and 5 years.
It should have made sense for FACs to review L’s placement after her brother dissapeared.

The department shouldn’t have just left her there in her environment - her placement should have been reviewed. IMO

I think MW made a comment (either at the Coronial Inquest, or possibly at the trial of FM for assault/intimidate) to the effect that she knew or had known the FM prior to William and his sister going into care.
Omg, what? She didn’t! Surely!

That is crazy.
But it also kind of makes sense. Thanks for the info!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It should have made sense for FACs to review L’s placement after her brother dissapeared.

The department shouldn’t have just left her there in her environment - her placement should have been reviewed. IMO
Totally agree, The concerns of the bio parents needed to be investigated, but it seems that didn’t happen as L remained in their care.
Aside from that, I’d personally have been monitoring their ability to cope/parent after the immense stress they were under after William allegedly disappeared.

Totally agree, The concerns of the bio parents needed to be investigated, but it seems that didn’t happen as L remained in their care.
Aside from that, I’d personally have been monitoring their ability to cope/parent after the immense stress they were under after William allegedly disappeared.
Not only L BUT! I think they had other children 🤔 who is this woman who thinks she was chosen to guide children through life in unconventional methods.

Has anyone since William’s disappearance done a long term study of significant others lives? I don’t just mean a few years I mean Long term 🤔

Not only L BUT! I think they had other children 🤔 who is this woman who thinks she was chosen to guide children through life in unconventional methods.
I think if I’d had two foster children and one disappeared in my care especially a high profile case and with all of the stress, I’d be weary of taking in another foster child.
It’s not that someone who this happens to doesn’t deserve to (eg if William was abducted and it wasn’t their fault) but wouldn’t you be on guard all the time after what happened. I can understand them wanting to keep L as she’d been in their care for so long. I don’t know.
What are other’s thoughts?

I think if I’d had two foster children and one disappeared in my care especially a high profile case and with all of the stress, I’d be weary of taking in another foster child.
It’s not that someone who this happens to doesn’t deserve to (eg if William was abducted and it wasn’t their fault) but wouldn’t you be on guard all the time after what happened. I can understand them wanting to keep L as she’d been in their care for so long. I don’t know.
What are other’s thoughts?
I think they fostered 17 other children + L in a 3 year period up to the end of 2021.

I seem to recall that when William was in foster care it was around the time politician Pru Goward change the foster system towards adoption?

I’m only a bit familiar with the Victorian system through two different friend who are foster carers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Disappearance of 3yo William Tyrrell Pt 2 * FM guilty of assault & intimidation

Remove this Banner Ad

Back