Remove this Banner Ad

Caramelas13

Debutant
Aug 3, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Everything about tonight was a disgrace:

The performance, the body language of the players, skills, decision making - the lot.

For Gods sake boys, show some passion for the jumper. Play like its your last game. There is no spirit, no will, no desire to get stuck in and get a job done. The members and supporters of this club deserve better than this. We are meant to be a super club with all the best resources available for our players. What i have seen this year is a standard that resembles not even whats served up at SANFL level. Playing a qtr of good football here and there is not good enough for a club that stated its ambitions of being a top 4 side. We are soooooo far off the pace, its actually embarrassing.

Agreed.

I've said elsewhere that this was the worst performance in the history of the Adelaide Football Club. We have never put in a worse performance than that and the opposition was fair at best.

There needs to be some major fallout from this game. Heads must roll. We cannot protect feelings or give players a chance to respond any longer. Every single player should be dropped. Obviously that cannot happen but they must drop as many as they possibly can.

I would like to see the David Parkin 'tree' training drill utilised this week, for every session. The one where the player have to stand with their arms outstretched for an hour at a time.

There's no point practising skills or game plans anymore. It doesn't have any impact.

I would like to see the David Parkin 'tree' training drill utilised this week, for every session. The one where the player have to stand with their arms outstretched for an hour at a time.

Sounds painful. Good!

Useless wasters most of them. If only everyone tried as hard as Pets did.

I can take losing if we're giving it a genuine crack, but I'm with you Carl, I mean... I don't remember a lot of the earlier games in our history, but that was the most shameful, gutless and disgraceful effort I've seen in the years I've been watching.

I was ashamed, embarrassed and mortified at the blatant shirking of constests, unwillingness to run etc. It was a ****ing disgrace, and something needs to change, but nothing will. It'll be the same old shit.

Tippett is on 500k? I hope he's donating it to charity. Haven't seen a second effort from him all season, well... I haven't seen a first effort either. Been drinking too much of his own bathwater - along with a few others, namely Vince.

Goodwin, Edwards and Doughty offering the precise sum of SFA. I hope the only reason they play their own seperate game of kick to kick is because they're in each others dream teams.

Sick of this shit. If you have to change the coach to get the message through then do it. Do something, anything. It's gone on way too long already.

About time the people who are apparently appointed to run the club, actually contribute something.

Sounds painful. Good!

Useless wasters most of them. If only everyone tried as hard as Pets did.

I can take losing if we're giving it a genuine crack, but I'm with you Carl, I mean... I don't remember a lot of the earlier games in our history, but that was the most shameful, gutless and disgraceful effort I've seen in the years I've been watching.

I was ashamed, embarrassed and mortified at the blatant shirking of constests, unwillingness to run etc. It was a ****ing disgrace, and something needs to change, but nothing will. It'll be the same old shit.

Tippett is on 500k? I hope he's donating it to charity. Haven't seen a second effort from him all season, well... I haven't seen a first effort either. Been drinking too much of his own bathwater - along with a few others, namely Vince.

Goodwin, Edwards and Doughty offering the precise sum of SFA. I hope the only reason they play their own seperate game of kick to kick is because they're in each others dream teams.

Sick of this shit. If you have to change the coach to get the message through then do it. Do something, anything. It's gone on way too long already.

About time the people who are apparently appointed to run the club, actually contribute something.

Post of the night!!!

Even when we were an average footy club, atleast we played with some heart and spirit. What we showed last night was shocking. Lazy and insipid. No teamwork whatsoever. Did we think it was going to be a cake walk this year? Craigy goes on about how each team has ramped it up this year. What did he think was going to happen. Did we spend the whole summer talking about how good we were going to be without actually having to work for it. Can I get a refund on my season ticket? I'm certainly not paying money to watch that crap.

I know this sucks now, but this type of period could be the making of the Adelaide football club. Who were the blokes that dragged us out of the fire?

Petrenko- fantastic fight, agressive
Walker- provided a target and a spark up forward
Douglas- actually tried to run thru the midfield and attacked the footy
Armstrong- great down back, didnt give up
Schmidt- actually attacked the footy and tried to take em on

They weren't scared to lose like the older crows who had gotten used to winning.

There is no willingness to even try to run through the middle without MacKay in the side. Many times last night on TV I saw a free player 45m away from the ball yet the crow with the ball chose for the "safety" option of sideways pass or forward 20m chip. Mind you I was at a party and only was watching 5 mins here and there.

Players like Reilly, ZzzzzDoughty and VB seem to look sideways or back before looking forward.

Its simple. Crows get the ball, look to switch play BEFORE looking to attack the guts and catch the opposition on their back foot. Opposition clog up the space so the switch fails, so the crows look for another switch. The switch of play may free up a few 20m short passes, but then the ground ahead is covered again. IF the crows take a punt and bomb it into the forward line it results in a pack forming and usually a rebound for the opposition.

I didnt watch the whole game but heard some comments on the radio. From what I heard, when the game was on the line with 2.5 mins to go our experienced players decided to chip the ball around instead of take risks. Walker kicked a few goals then was benched. And whoever kicked our last goal took FAR too long to kick the damn thing, time was ticking away. These things show that Adelaide are too mechanical, under Craig they have became robots with one mission, to carry out his game plan.

The game could have well been won last night. I heard there were come very easy shots missed. Walkers 2 first shots, Douglas with 4 behinds, and several in the last quarter. Walker had momentum, so lets take him off. Need 3 goals with under 3 minutes left, so lets chip the ball around. Get a shot on goal, lets chew up 20% of our remaining time to take the shot. Mechanicalaide Crows.

A friend rang me at 3 quarter time laughing. I was pretty savage by then and in bad taste said Fiona Coote had more heart when undergoing her transplant than any player from our 22 tonight.

What i have seen this year is a standard that resembles not even whats served up at SANFL level. Playing a qtr of good football here and there is not good enough for a club that stated its ambitions of being a top 4 side. We are soooooo far off the pace, its actually embarrassing.

Bit harsh on the SANFL :eek: if you know what I mean ;)

I was at the match last night and Pilchard Adams you are right, many players first reaction is to look sideways. It was clear that so much time and so many opportunities were lost due to this. Well done to the younger guys for really taking the game on in the last quarter and using their desire to move the ball forward quickly. It is time that the directive comes to play some instinctive football and not play like pieces on a chessboard. Watching them stick to the zone in the first three quarters seemed to rob them of their passion and their energy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was at the match last night and Pilchard Adams you are right, many players first reaction is to look sideways. It was clear that so much time and so many opportunities were lost due to this. Well done to the younger guys for really taking the game on in the last quarter and using their desire to move the ball forward quickly. It is time that the directive comes to play some instinctive football and not play like pieces on a chessboard. Watching them stick to the zone in the first three quarters seemed to rob them of their passion and their energy.

Sideways would be nice. Bock spent most of his time with the ball looking backwards.

There is no willingness to even try to run through the middle without MacKay in the side. Many times last night on TV I saw a free player 45m away from the ball yet the crow with the ball chose for the "safety" option of sideways pass or forward 20m chip. Mind you I was at a party and only was watching 5 mins here and there.

Players like Reilly, ZzzzzDoughty and VB seem to look sideways or back before looking forward.

Its simple. Crows get the ball, look to switch play BEFORE looking to attack the guts and catch the opposition on their back foot. Opposition clog up the space so the switch fails, so the crows look for another switch. The switch of play may free up a few 20m short passes, but then the ground ahead is covered again. IF the crows take a punt and bomb it into the forward line it results in a pack forming and usually a rebound for the opposition.

I didnt watch the whole game but heard some comments on the radio. From what I heard, when the game was on the line with 2.5 mins to go our experienced players decided to chip the ball around instead of take risks. Walker kicked a few goals then was benched. And whoever kicked our last goal took FAR too long to kick the damn thing, time was ticking away. These things show that Adelaide are too mechanical, under Craig they have became robots with one mission, to carry out his game plan.

The game could have well been won last night. I heard there were come very easy shots missed. Walkers 2 first shots, Douglas with 4 behinds, and several in the last quarter. Walker had momentum, so lets take him off. Need 3 goals with under 3 minutes left, so lets chip the ball around. Get a shot on goal, lets chew up 20% of our remaining time to take the shot. Mechanicalaide Crows.

Good post on the whole, but the bolded parts are especially good, and they reinforce each other.

A few of our players - and they are the players on the HBF - now have the habit of looking to switch play as the first option, they don't even look to see if they actually need to switch play, they just do it.

I don't think there is any clearer evidence of this than when there were a few minutes left in the game, we needed to kick two quick goals, and what do we do?

****ing kick it sideways again.

My dad stopped watching on TV. The constant kicking backwards was enough for him to call it a night.
Quite a few supporters (ashamedly myself) were joining in the booing once we persisted to kick backward. ITS SO FREAKIN FRUSTRATING AND INFURIATING!

My dad stopped watching on TV. The constant kicking backwards was enough for him to call it a night.
Quite a few supporters (ashamedly myself) were joining in the booing once we persisted to kick backward. ITS SO FREAKIN FRUSTRATING AND INFURIATING!

I was there and was happy to boo that crap (and I was in a corporate box knocking down the beers - at 3/4 time I said I was going to end up having more beers than we had shots!)

Next Sunday at AAMI, everytime they kick it sideways we collectively should boo as well. Someone has to tell these blokes to:-

1) move it quicker and don't automatically send it sideways

2) give Doughty the flick, he has never been an instinctively player and has been found out now that we are struggling. Doesn't take the game on and shocking decision maker (he does have some mates but he is the worst)

3) get rid of the old boys club - lets get some assistants who have had no previous association with the AFC - we can keep one (probably Bickley but Hart gets the flick)

Not a fan of booing, but in this case, I don't blame you.

This is clearly the worst we have been and it dont look like getting better and when you take a look as to who is to come back while they are good players they aint going to help in the areas we are struggling in

given that we have an 8 day break if I was the coach I would give the players an old school 6am flogging on the track

I

Next Sunday at AAMI, everytime they kick it sideways we collectively should boo as well. Someone has to tell these blokes to:-

It’s not the players fault; they have been conditioned to play that style of football for 5 years now.

Don’t blame the players, blame the coach. He’s the one who sets the game plan; he’s the one who tells them where to run and where to kick the ball.

Someone has to tell Neil Craig we stink and so does his defensive tactics. It’s time to remove the shackles and let them play natural instinctive football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Disgraceful

Remove this Banner Ad

Back