Disneyland!

Remove this Banner Ad

Its a Small World is simply 'cute', its certainly not for thrillseekers. But its fantastic at night! I don't mean the ride, I mean the lighting of the outside of the ride!

Also, the Xmas theme had already started in mid-Nov when we went.

I reckon November/December is one of the best times to go. I have been in July a couple of times when its packed and November when its not too over crowded. November you can get thru the lines pretty quickly except Thanksgiving when I seem to always be there. I think its Disneys biggest day of the year.

The thing is that the weather is fine in those months so its better to go when its less crowded. The only problem is that the parks close earlier on week nights in winter. Where is in summer they are opened til midnight every night.

Yep November's perfect. Still likely to get good weather, none of that really hot stuff, and the park has already entered late -stayin-gopen mode, and Chrissy decs are up. Its the only time I've been there, but its how I felt. Wife reckons its a bummer to go there in summer as its busier and if you're in any sort of queue, even for churros, its just torture.

The only problem with going out of season is that Disney has a refurbishment schedule for rides and attractions and they are frequently closed for quite some time. I believe the next new attraction at Disneyland is going to be the Tower of Terror. This is currently in operation at Disney MGM and is sure to be very popular.

This is a rumour and I have not yet been able to confirm the truth or otherwise.

According to the rumour Disney has bought the rights to Harry Potter theme park attractions in the USA and is planning a Harry Potter ride in the EPCOT centre at Walt Disney World. The ride is still some years away from completion. For those that have been to EPCOT there is a vacant building beside the British pavilion and the rumour is that this is where the ride is eventually going to be placed. Like a lot of the newer rides it is going to be tested out at Orlando before building commences anywhere else. With a sorting hat, flying car, magic broom, giant snake, giant spider, wizards, witches, etc and more being added in the various movies there would seem to be plenty to build a ride around.

Been to both Disneyland and Walt Disney World, including Disney's California Adventure. If you are only interested in theme parks, then WDW in Orlando has a lot more to offer.

But I prefer the original in Anaheim between April and September......Star Tours, Indiana Jones, California Screamin' and Soaring Over California by day........

AND the 2002 World Champion Anaheim Angels by night!!!

Oh, and SoCal has better beaches than FLA.

Well I was in Disneyland about 1 year ago now, and I must admit it is an awesome place. Loved every minute of it, but what I found even better was Knotts Berry Farm, the home of Snoopy. This place has the best roller coasters I have been on, unfortunately I didnt go to Six Flags Magic Mountain. But I had the best tome at KBF and recommend it for people who like the bug rides. There are about 6 of then to go on, its awesome.

Originally posted by amazonstud
Dasher,

I know its not a roller coaster but I really liked Mystery Lodge at Knotts. A show focussing on the history of the North American indian with the use of special effects to help demonstrate the story.

Thats obviously one I missed, there is so much to fit into one day. With all the rollercoasters, they took my attention!!

We were at Disneyland a couple of years ago, when on Big Thunder Mountain it broke down, had to walk down the hill, they gave us free pass to walk in to any ride in the par (thru the exit), we chose splash mountain, when we did oh did we get it from the ppl that had been waiting for ages. LOL.

As for queues, when you go in June July August over there the queues are enormous. For Indiana Jones ride we waited nearly 2 hours (like that for most of the popular rides).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jim Boy,

I have been to Euro Disney and IMO it is not as good. Certainly the staff both at the Hotels and in the park were a major problem initially and they had a reputation for not being Disney friendly. Most of the French staff have now been dismissed and replaced and the attitude and reputation of the staff towards their English or non French speaking guests has certainly improved markedly.

The park I found to be a lot smaller and given the financial problems it was, is faced with they have not added many newer rides. The theming of the Hotels was to the usual Disney standard.

We did find that the French guests/visitors tend to push in front of everyone else whether at the park or in the Hotels and this often causes problems. Nothing worse than waiting 15 minutes to be served and then have someone just walk up in front of the queue and try and push in and then pretend they don't understand.

The major difference in attractions I found is in two rides. Firstly Space Mountain where you are propelled upward in two short spurts and then enter into the mountain. Much preferred this version of the ride to the original. Secondly is the Indiana Jones ride which is a small roller coaster type ride (Closest to it is probably a mine ride).

Originally posted by Beffery
Damn you all. I'm saving for a trip to Europe and now all I can think about is going to Disneyland!! :mad: ;)

However.. there is EURO Disneyland.... :D

Eurodisney is ****house. I went there after suffering Disneyland withdrawals!! Bad move.

If you are in Europe go to UK and go to Alton Towers. Big theme park up North in Staffordshire. Has the original version of the Lethal Weapon called Nemesis. Check out the website.

www.alton-towers.co.uk

My wife and I love going to Disneyland and try to make each trip more than just a short visit. This normally means each 2 years and about 3 weeks away. On alternate trips we try and go across to DisneyWorld and New York.

We normally have 5 days at Disneyland and do one or two of the shows (Wild West etc) at night then come back into LA and do Universal the studios and other sites and then go down to Magic Mountain and onto to Las Vegas.

Remove this Banner Ad

Disneyland!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back