Roast Disrespectful - Swan not singing the song

Remove this Banner Ad

magpielicious

All Australian
Apr 29, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Like everyone out there I love Fatso (Swan)...but I am really disappointed that he refused to open his mouth and sing the club song with his team mates. Ok, he has a laconic attitude, but it really shows a lack of respect for this club and his team mates. Some of you might think I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill. When the cameras are on you, show some respect to this club !!

Re: Disrespectful

Worked for Geelong. Providing he keeps performing he can do what he likes.

Is this a joke thread?

Didn't see it but seriously Swanny can do what he wants.

Can we applaud the bloke?

I don't care if he's doing my mrs doggie style while the song's played, just as long as it's played!!

Not here to cause a stir, but it's the first thing my mates and I spoke about after the Pies were singing the song. He wasn't alone though I don't think in fairness to Dane, S. Buckley either didn't know the words or didn't care either.

I always like to see people singing the song, I love belting it out personally.

Not here to cause a stir, but it's the first thing my mates and I spoke about after the Pies were singing the song. He wasn't alone though I don't think in fairness to Dane, S. Buckley either didn't know the words or didn't care either.

I always like to see people singing the song, I love belting it out personally.

Our song? :D

OP, fact is the boys weren't proud of the performance tonight, obviously they were happy with the win but I think it was more a relief to get the points in the end, and geez, how many times have the boys sung the ****ing in the last few years?..we have bigger fish to fry."....

joke thread/poor thread.

After a 'team' performance like that I wouldn't want to talk let alone sing.

They can do what they want, I wouldn't care if they didn't sing the song at all, in fact I would prefer to have them not sing, for the efforts did not warrant any post game celebration.

Was it the Bombers in 2000 who didn't sing the song at all throughout the year after the heartbreak of 99? They only sung it after they won the premiership.

Worked for them.

After tonights very average performance, i can't blame some of them for not really getting into the spirit and belting it out.

joke thread/poor thread.

After a 'team' performance like that I wouldn't want to talk let alone sing.

They can do what they want, I wouldn't care if they didn't sing the song at all, in fact I would prefer to have them not sing, for the efforts did not warrant any post game celebration.

Super poor post mate.

Winning is a process.

Geelong and St Kilda under Ross Lyon are two clubs who treated winning in this manor and clearly it worked.

Dane seems to go about winning a process rather than an emotional thing or event so I hardly blame him for not being excited by a small win against a club who have only won against GWS and Melbourne up to this point.

ANZAC Day was a win worth celebrating because it was a properly great game by both teams and it was a big occasion. A grand final win is a win worth celebrating. Outside of this low key, low emotion is best and probably most appropriate despite popular convention.

Dane's long term commitment to the club through the contract he signed should be enough to suggest that he is happy where he is.

When a team has an embarrassing "win" like that, many proud players will find it embarrassing to sing the club song.. i can understand the reason and dont think its disrepectful if a few people chose to be quiet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When a team has an embarrassing "win" like that, many proud players will find it embarrassing to sing the club song.. i can understand the reason and dont think its disrepectful if a few people chose to be quiet

Can i ask why it was an embarrassing win? What is an embarrassing win?

I am sure u r a pies supporters but can u at least enjoy our wins. If u are not a pies supporter, go elsewhere.

Didak barely sung the song in 2010. Worked out OK...

Exactly. Was he being disrespectful?

Do you sing the national anthem every time it's played?

This has to be one of the biggest non issues on this board.

Was it the Bombers in 2000 who didn't sing the song at all throughout the year after the heartbreak of 99? They only sung it after they won the premiership.

It was only for the qualifying and preliminary finals they didn't sing it.

To the people that say that he's showing disrespect...if you're not happy with your game, how can you suddenly gee yourself up to sing a song, solely for television cameras. It's beyond stupid.

i completely agree. he didn't sing it or utter a peep in the essendon win as well. watch it, its on the website! if that win doesn't warrant singing the song nothing does. i have no issues with him being laconic or laid back but he acts as thought he is too cool to sing the song. i think its disrespectful also..just doesn't look good

Like everyone out there I love Fatso (Swan)...but I am really disappointed that he refused to open his mouth and sing the club song with his team mates. Ok, he has a laconic attitude, but it really shows a lack of respect for this club and his team mates. Some of you might think I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill. When the cameras are on you, show some respect to this club !!

I agree. If anything, do it for the supporters who pay these guys their damn wage :mad:

A win is a win. Think you've been a bit spoiled over the last couple of years. Those wins build character in the younger brigade. Sinclair is much maligned but he's a tough lil bugger who will know that his goals and hard work contributed to the win. Keefe performed well under pressure. Taz, Johnno (off early), Daisy, Jolly to come back in.

Side by side.

If the team wants to sing the song then the team sings the song.

If they're embarrassed by a win, fair enough, and in that case if the team doesn't want to sing the song then the team doesn't sing the song.

Unless of course they're compelled to by the fine print of the television broadcasting rights - wouldn't surprise me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Disrespectful - Swan not singing the song

Remove this Banner Ad

Back