windsock

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2002
x
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Not nice I'm afraid. A mate saw the Motlop clan being entertained by the Carlton hierarchy. Hopefully they are after Shannon, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are after Daniel as an uncontracted player, especially considering Elliott's pre-game comments on friday night. While I'd hate to see Shannon leave, obviously losing Daniel would be worse! Much worse!!

They'd have to put a pretty impressive offer on the table to the Roos to snare Daniel Motlop from us. Carlton can't rely on the pre-season draft (due to the lottery), so they'll have to do a trade.

I remember reading somewhere that Daniel Motlop was going to be Carlton's pick in the draft, but we got in ahead of them.

Put yourself in his (SM) shoes. I'd be miffed also. Whether he goes or not is not in our control (uh duh).

Sure it would be a 'minor blow' (IMO) but if he's not 'good enough' for Pagan, well, what can we do. Just wondering whether SM has spoken to Richmond. (Swap for Krakouer??)
I think of the Carlton guys, Wiggins and Davies have alot of potential.
Wouldn't be surprised if the BIG FELLA wanted to come back. ;)

I agree that Shannon might be feeling a slight bit disgruntled at his lack of senior footy. I obviosuly have no idea what Pagan's thoughts on him are, but i'd be devestated if we lost him to Carlton and saw him blossom into what we all can see he potentially could be. For mine, he is THE one out of all the fringe/youngsters that i'd like to see hit his straps as he has so much to offer.

Daniel is only marginally behind at this stage and will probably be a better player long term. If we lose him, i lose control of all bodily functions.

The Brother Will Work it out

My mail is that Shannon won't be at the Kangaroos next year as Denis thinks he is lazy won't do the little things, hence his long spell in the reserves! Personally I would be disappointed to see either of them go as you can always be taught to tighten up your defensive skills! And by the by we don't need Andrew Krakouer, get over it he's not playing for North. We don't need him because of his surname and our small forwards seem to be travelling okay, speaking of defensive skills, Leigh Harding is getting some consistency and Corey Jines was playing well before his injury!

Re: The Brother Will Work it out

Originally posted by Chemicalbrother
And by the by we don't need Andrew Krakouer, get over it he's not playing for North. We don't need him because of his surname and our small forwards seem to be travelling okay, speaking of defensive skills, Leigh Harding is getting some consistency and Corey Jones was playing well before his injury!

The fact that Andrew says he would like to play for North. I'm sure I'm not the only one who knows this and wouldn't mind seeing him playing at his best. (his heart is bleeding blue n' white)
CJ will need 1-2 weeks of match fitness to be considered.

Would you delist Winnie Chemicalbrother?

Would I delist Winnie

Woodson,

That's a tough one, but in word no. I think he at least deserves the chance to show his wares next year, if he can't make it back to anywhere near his best then I'm sure both parties would agree that the Kangaroos isn't the place for him!

don't all first year get two year contracts?
if so aren't the likes of smith, harris and both motlops up for change of contract?
if i were any of them i would be seriously annoyed about the lack of game time.

Originally posted by magoo
if so aren't the likes of smith, harris and both motlops up for change of contract?

Yes you hold your draftees for 2 years which means the 2000 selections are all up for contract renewal this year. I know Shannon Motlop came out of contract last year as some Saints supporters were talking about him as a pre-season selection so he obviously signed some sorta contract to stay but maybe it was only for a year. Hate to lose both Motlops to Carlton (or anyone!) but they don't have much to trade except draft picks which they wouldn't use on the Motlops.

Originally posted by magoo

I can tell you Smith won't go anywhere. He loves North.

Harris is struggling with his back. Apperently it is not an injury that will improve by weeks on the sidelines, so he is playing, but is restricted in his movements.

Motlop will be played for the rest of the year IMO, so he really cannot complain about not getting a game. I do fear that his brother will look somewhere else next year, and I reckon he will tear it up. Must keep him on the list Denis.

:(

I am very worried about Shannon going which in turn could very well lead to Daniel going to the same club.

I don't think we will let Daniel go, but it worries me that Shannon could leave :( Although he may stay for another year, did I hear right that he has another year left on his contract? I'm sure I have heard that somewhere. It would be a very sad day if Shannon left because of a lack of oppurtunity, especially with the way he started at the Kangaroos :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both MUST stay.. Especially Jnr..

But I fear if Shannon left, Jnr would also want to go. I think Shannon should be played, we all know he has talent (maybe he doesnt have as much as Jnr{ maybe he wont be as good as jnr}, but he still has plenty of talent, and would still be brilliant..

He is one 2nd tier player, I think could develop into something..

JNR AND SNR MUST STAY.. hope Jnr stays in the snrs for the rest of the year, and hopefully Shannon gets a go..

Smith- I think he should and will stay.. (if he does love north as much as someone above said he does)

Harro- I am worried about his back, he is a good player, but I wouldnt mind seeing him traded, but only because he is restricted by his back.. but would love him to stay

Go Roos

these are the deals that can come back and bite you.

suddenly a player like shannon or daniel get a good run in the snrs at another club and they become another lost time and effort why ween these guys for other clubs to reap the rewards

Remove this Banner Ad

Disturbing rumour

Remove this Banner Ad

Back