Div 3 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Pell played on Jake Summers in the first final. I wonder if they switch otten onto him or if they have someone in the twos coming up

Pell played on Jake Summers in the first final. I wonder if they switch otten onto him or if they have someone in the twos coming up
Rumour was Duncan going to play CHB with Nick Day coming in. They'll play Murphy and Day X2 in the fwd line. Murphy has towelled them last 2 occasions

Watched most of that, great game of footy. Congrats Surrey Park.

A few dodgy umpiring decisions but they went both ways and I wouldn’t say it affected the result.

2021 - Finish 3% behind East Burwood who are promoted

2022 - Lose GF by 2 points

2023 - Romp to flag, but no promotion

2024 - Lose GF by 2 points

The footy gods do not want Donvale promoted it seems.

A few dodgy umpiring decisions but they went both ways and I wouldn’t say it affected the result.

Great work to come from where they were several years ago. Got good kids on tap and well coached. Congrats to them 😊

Went to the Donvale V Surry game yesterday and what a great game. Donvale lead all day except for the dying minutes of the game. Great comeback by Surrey after being 16 points down. The last 10 minutes of the game was manic but Surry had all the answers with their skill and composure when it mattered most. I took my camcorder with me and captured the memorable last quarter. Will upload to YouTube tomorrow and share the link on this site. Gotta luv suburban footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what do mean might be correct? does that mean you dont know?
I have no memory of him playing juniors. That must have been around 66-67. 67 was the last year of the U14's. I became good friends with Dale when he was 17. It was still East Burwood back then. We didn't become the Rams until 1975.

The Premiership Goal. Surrey Park kick the last goal of the match to hit the lead by 1 point and win the premiership. My vision of "that goal" in normal speed and slo-mo. Enjoy.

View attachment 2105252

You should send the link to the club, I’m sure they’d love to have it

OK folks - here it is. The entire LAST HALF of the Donvale v Surrey Park Seniors GRAND FINAL on 7 September 2024 at Jubilee Park.

Watch-out for some nice marks and of course that great comeback by Surrey Park to pinch the Premiership. Also includes post-game celebrations, medal presentations and the victory song. If you like the video please like and subscribe to my channel. Thanks.

Gotta luv suburban footy.

Herald Sun match report:
========================

BACK-TO-BACK FOR SURREY PARK

The Panthers have rattled home from a 16-point deficit 15 minutes into the final quarter to break Donvale hearts with a 12.12 (84) to 12.10 (82) Eastern league Division 3 grand final victory on Saturday.

Surrey Park – which won its first Eastern league premiership last year in Division 4 and was promoted to Division 3 this year – was on its knees as a club little over a decade ago, weathering a 67-game losing streak from 2008-13, collecting five consecutive wooden spoons.

But it had little trouble in its move up a flight this year, finishing the home-and-away season in second with a 15-3 record on the way to denying Donvale a second-straight Division 3 crown.

Surrey Park young gun Tom Smith was awarded the best-afield medal, Tadan Vitacca finished with three goals, while boom mid-season recruit Jack Mahon kicked the winner 21 minutes into the final term after the Panthers had trailed virtually all day.

Surrey just too good. Donvale kept doing the same thing over & over again expecting a different result
Could Surrey do what Rowville did 15 years ago? Seems like they're keeping there young talent & have fixed all the behind the scenes issues that plagued them for years

Remove this Banner Ad

Div 3 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back