Division 1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

4 flags for Neil Winterton as coach, clearly done an immense job.

I am sure he has done a fantastic job but it takes far more than a coach to have a run of success like they have had, I would bet they’ve got it right from the top down, the coach gets the plaudits but they never succeed without the right people around them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done Mitcham a lot of work has gone into the turn around of the club at junior & senior level.
Enjoy old mate G, I hope a Nut hasn’t dropped in on the bandwagon. Don’t spend too much time sweeping out the best car park in Premier. 😜
Thank you every one for your kind words about Mitcham.One of my greatest days at the club in my 25 years there.As many know we were in the top division (D1 then in 2006 and lost 23 games in a row and ended up in D3 and if we had not of beaten Templestowe last game we had of gone to D4)A lot of hard work to rebuild the club and the support off field was awesome when we were down and most stayed.Matt McCubbin has been president for the last 15 years approx and deserves a lot of credit for this but as he says we are a team off field.Tonight I am not there at the club as to old for celebrations but will be there at 7AM tomorrow as a volunteer and we will hopefully prove to all that the MCG of the East is a great venue for finals football.Ground in pretty good condition at 11.30AM this morning.Remember Cliff no car parking in the ground,and a 2 storey car park behind the grandstand and do not bring your dog and please say hello.lol.

Shocking conditions. Not Boronia fault they can’t control the weather and they do a great job hosting but I always found Tormore lacks atmosphere as a gf venue. Maybe it’s too big but I think East Burwood is a great venue for finals. The perfect size
If you are looking for atmosphere head to Walker Park the MCG of the East tomorrow.

Knocking off the almost unbackable favourite in the GF two years in a row is very impressive. Might struggle to back it up in Premier but they've got the job done in September twice in a row now, can't say they don't deserve the opportunity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Division 1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back