Do we play too much "Arsenal style" footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Olivier makes my knees buckle and I'm a man.
It's the face. I work at a footy club and I've had my hands on more well built men than a desperate cat lady front row at a male strip show. You've got to have it going on in the face to get my attention.

It's the face. I work at a footy club and I've had my hands on more well built men than a desperate cat lady front row at a male strip show. You've got to have it going on in the face to get my attention.

Google his face.

Google his face.
I guarantee I know better looking guys in real life.

Anyway, back on topic, if we are to play Arsenal (or any soccer style) footy I demand bicycle kicks.

Yeah, as well as being the biggest campaigner in anything ever.
I remember a carling cup game at white hart lane I think after his loan spell at Bolton where he absolutely bossed you guys. He controlled the midfield in an away derby with such composure. Thought he'd be England's answers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahaha Anderlecht just came back from 3-0 down against Arsenal and equalised 3-3 in the 90th minute hahaha.

We are so Arsenal.
Yep. Thought the same. Was north v Adelaide of last season. Hopeless defending. Shame when out attacking displays have been really good.

Hahaha Anderlecht just came back from 3-0 down against Arsenal and equalised 3-3 in the 90th minute hahaha.

We are so Arsenal.

Goddamn it. I forgot that game was on.

Goddamn it. I forgot that game was on.
Didn't miss much. Sanchez with a goal, set up the penalty and an assist. Ox was good but ran out of puff. They got a soft penalty (labelled at the time as a consolation and wouldn't have been given other times.)

How you let them score a one on one header on the 89' is beyond me. Box should have been packed. Unsure why theo wasn't put on late to catch them out on the counter

Wow at this thread. I thought I was the only one that thought thus. So often are the criticisms levelled at North by the media, also the ones I hear levelled at Arsenal in the British media. I find it bizarre. The one I find most infuriating is the "Arsenal are lacking a real leader on the field since Tony Adams/Patrick Vierra"/"Where are North's leaders? The senior players need to step up here."

We need Mullett back in form and kicking his 50 metre goals.

I remember a carling cup game at white hart lane I think after his loan spell at Bolton where he absolutely bossed you guys. He controlled the midfield in an away derby with such composure. Thought he'd be England's answers.
Yeah so did everyone a few years ago, hasnt really improved since he was 20 though. In an aging England midfield with the likes of Lampard and Gerrard everyone thought guys like him would be more than capable of taking over but he probably hasn't come on to the extent some thought he would. I mean he's only 22 but if he keeps smoking outside nightclubs and just being an all-round campaigner then he might continue to stagnate.

Yeah so did everyone a few years ago, hasnt really improved since he was 20 though. In an aging England midfield with the likes of Lampard and Gerrard everyone thought guys like him would be more than capable of taking over but he probably hasn't come on to the extent some thought he would. I mean he's only 22 but if he keeps smoking outside nightclubs and just being an all-round campaigner then he might continue to stagnate.
I'm pretty sure his injuries have had more of a say as to why he hasn't developed into the player he promised so early on.

The English media put so much pressure on him early days. He was 18 and they painted him as Jesus. But in true media fashion they've stuck the boots in every chance they could (admittedly sometimes he doesn't help with off field antics).

Could be worse...he could be jordan Henderson :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure his injuries have had more of a say as to why he hasn't developed into the player he promised so early on.

The English media put so much pressure on him early days. He was 18 and they painted him as Jesus. But in true media fashion they've stuck the boots in every chance they could (admittedly sometimes he doesn't help with off field antics).

Could be worse...he could be jordan Henderson :rolleyes:
Yeah he has been hit with injuries pretty hard to be fair, but you're right his off-field antics don't exactly endear him to English fans or the media. Jordan Henderson was actually reasonable last year, I would have thought it would be worse to be Tom Cleverley haha.

Lets be frank (lampard), we need a Cesc Fabregas, Oscar, Eden Hazard type to offer silver-service delivery to our forwards, and forwards with Diego Costa's ruthless finishing touches. Anything else is 2nd best! ;)

Have been a Chelsea fan since watching "The Little Master" Zola run around in the (comparatively) dark days, so am not a bandwagon jumper.

Have been lucky in that regard, barracked for Green Bay Packers when they were terrible (Magic Don Majkowski was our QB) and the San Antonio Spurs when I saw post-draft footage of The Admiral Dave Robinson's college career (mostly I liked that he was the anti-Shaq). They've given me plenty to be optimistic about when North Melbourne were a fair-to-middling team throughout the 00's. Now it's North's turn, baby!!!

Lets be frank, we need money, some more money, a diving $$$$$ type to offer silver-service delivery to our mercenary forwards (forwards worth a lot of money). Anything besides a billion dollar owner that coughs up hundreds of millions is 2nd best! MONEY!!! ;)

EFA

Remove this Banner Ad

Do we play too much "Arsenal style" footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back