Docklands pre game music “selection”.

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously I find this thread really sad. WHO REALLY CARES?? Who cares about what songs are played, I care about the match, not the music, if you don't like it just read the footy record.Anyone with some sense wouldn't give a damn about the music.

Seriously I find this thread really sad. WHO REALLY CARES?? Who cares about what songs are played, I care about the match, not the music, if you don't like it just read the footy record.Anyone with some sense wouldn't give a damn about the music.

Well, someone forgot to take their sense of humour pills this morning.:thumbsu:

If we're playing Fleetwood Mac, go for their ultimate pump-up song - 'Tusk'. Tribal drums, big brass band - awesome.

Was at the Geelong/Richmond match on Saturday night & listening to the pre game selection (and I use the term ‘selection’ quite loosely) I was reminded of either “elevator music” or being put on hold by a telephone company. Now because the stadium is named after Telstra I guess the latter is trying to remind us of the kind of service you’d expect to receive. Not sure what happened to your basic footy rock (think MMM). And no I’m not a fan of that station but at least they’re a bit more upbeat tempo than a doctor's waiting room.

What are they trying to do? Relax us? Put us in some kind of peace loving state of mind? Maybe its new security measures, kinda like what they do at railway stations to keep teenage loiterers at bay.

In fairness they did play a couple of songs with lyrics. ‘Hotel California’ by ‘The Eagles’ (I think 3 times in total) and some other song I’d never heard of (that’s OK cause thankfully they played this one several times as well)

Unless they rename it “Gold FM Stadium (with repeats)” maybe they could be a bit more exciting with their music selections or at least have something from this decade.

What do you expect them to play? Some garbage American 80s music? :D

There is absolutely no benefit from those stupid announcements. We can see the scoreboard. We know which team is running on field. We know which team is winning. We know how they've been playing. And if anyone doesn't know something, they're probably sitting next to someone who does who's not going to scream it in their ear if they ask!

Absolutely.

I hate this whole basketball rubbish - 'Magpie fans, make some noise for your team!' - like, :rolleyes:.

Simply STFU and leave it alone.

Some of us love football. Some of us love music. Some love both so when you put my love of football and music together then you get a thread worth starting. I hope that make sence to an obviously non loving music football follower.

What do you expect them to play? Some garbage American 80s music? :D

Arh, no. Not really. I'm actually an avid JJJ listener but no way would I expect them to play the latest hip hop funk trance metal indie alternative whatevers. Although I certainly wouldn't mind it.

The Audacious quote below pretty much sums things up nicely.

i didnt say that THanks for the memories would be a better song choice at the start of the game, i merely pointed out that channel 10 are more with the times in terms of music selection. If we have to put up with pre-game music before while both teams warm up/coin toss etc, id rather the person who does the channel 10 promo's select the music than some dinosaur who still thinks its 1985.

We will rock you is the most overused cliche pump-up music which is totally out of place in AFL. :thumbsdown:

OK hopefully i can clear this up for everyone. Mark Fine is in charge of the music so for the music mix (i use that loosely) you can blame him.

The announcer for 95% of Telstra Dome games is Wayne Petersen - he is the courtside announcer for the Melbourne Tigers also, so i suppose thats where the American-ism comes in. Reminds me of John Casey calling footy on Fox. "C'mon Blues fan - sing the song" so ****ing lame. He is terrible announcer IMO just plain aweful. He has a big red blob on his face - like a burn or something.

They seriously need a change - Wayne is so bad at what he does, in all my sporting event attendance he is clearly the worst and most annoying.

^^^^Thanks mate, I've been wondering who the guy was for ages. I have to admit, I hated him during his first couple of years, but I've slowly gotten used to him. Definately not in the same league as Schibeci though.

It's a disgrace any music is played at all...ruins the pre-game vibe and atmosphere - by the time players run out no one gives a stuff

They play it during warmups aswell - its not basketball FFS - what next a bit of Blackbox

The pre-game music selection is bad at docklands sure. But the pre-game crap at AAMI is worse IMo.
The Adelaide "dancers" who shake their funky stuff all over the ground has NOTHING to do with AFL. and no one at all claps minus their mums.
And for PORT games you have a NOVA announcer droning on how good the Power are and "revving" the half-full ground up.
Thankfully you can travel to melbourne and get "Hotel California" cos it's heaps less painful than "here come the adelaide dancers" accompanied by some cheesy dance crap you'd never hear in a nightclub these days.
Even the suburban SANFL clubs have cheerleaders in fishnets. which are much more asthetically pleasing than the pre-pubescent dancers.

I attend all Victory games at the Dome during the A-league season and the selection of music is unreal. You never get a song played more than once. You have up to date music as well as old music, unlike the Slow Dacing music they played at the Geelong Richmond game at the dome a last month, where the two mascots even started to slow dance.
Ive taken me mates from the soccer (who dont follow soccer) and they just loved the music pumping out of the Dome for an hour before kick-off. Maybe the AFL should update there playlist.

Remove this Banner Ad

Docklands pre game music “selection”.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back