FTA-TV Doctor Who

Remove this Banner Ad

i enjoyed it. The “messages” were delivered like a stiff blow to the head, but RTD doesn’t do subtle.

Similar to last week, the story doesn’t hang together particularly upon reflection, which I guess is something we now just need to accept.

I would say putting two 'Doctor-lite' episodes back to back may not have played too well for some people

It is frustrating in such a short season. At least in the era of Blink and Turn Left they were part of a 12 episode series. Gatwa is the best part of the show right now by a mile, so getting short changed in two of eight feels like there should have been another way.

Screenshot 2024-06-02 at 5.28.21 PM.png

I really hope this is the case. Some of my criticism may be premature if they do something to bring these things together.
They directly cited it in this episode. The old lady was in 73 yards and Boom.

i enjoyed it. The “messages” were delivered like a stiff blow to the head, but RTD doesn’t do subtle.

Similar to last week, the story doesn’t hang together particularly upon reflection, which I guess is something we now just need to accept.

It is frustrating in such a short season. At least in the era of Blink and Turn Left they were part of a 12 episode series. Gatwa is the best part of the show right now by a mile, so getting short changed in two of eight feels like there should have been another way.

View attachment 2008705
Isn't it a ten ep season?

Fantastic episode, although was funny watching ruby become Clara instead of rose.
Heard on the Big Blue Box Podcast that this was an episode originally written for Capaldi and Coleman - its why Millie gave off very strong Clara vibes as she was approaching the Doctor and the Mine

Heard on the Big Blue Box Podcast that this was an episode originally written for Capaldi and Coleman - its why Millie gave off very strong Clara vibes as she was approaching the Doctor and the Mine
Also explains the reference to the moon and the presidents wife, a line capaldi uses in another episode.

Just watched the Hand of Fear again tonight before the footy.

My God, it's absolutely boring, lifeless tripe despite Sarah's emotional exit

By a considerable margin the worst story of the Hinchcliffe era.

Bob Baker and Dave Martin are two of the worst writers in Doctor Who history.

The only story they script wrote that was half way good was The Claws of Axos

Just watched the Hand of Fear again tonight before the footy.

My God, it's absolutely boring, lifeless tripe despite Sarah's emotional exit

By a considerable margin the worst story of the Hinchcliffe era.

Bob Baker and Dave Martin are two of the worst writers in Doctor Who history.

The only story they script wrote that was half way good was The Claws of Axos
Piss off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brilliant episode this week.

I think it's my favourite of the Ncuti era yet.

A delight from start to finish..

Definitely a homage to Grimm (another sci-fantasy show I am a fan of)

Jonathan Groff was bloody brilliant as Rogue and definitely will be back at some point.

10/10 an instant classic

Quite enjoyed it but not my favourite of this series. Still enjoyable enough.

I'm sure there will plenty of critics re the romance element though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back