Does anyone know where these Hammerhead players are now?

Remove this Banner Ad

One of my friends from out WRFL way said to me that North Melbourne-Kensington were actually booted out of the League because of some on-field issues and low player numbers but I'm not 100% on that, having cared little for the whole Hammerheads concept of a "faux grass roots" club started from scratch and oddly enough having large sponsorships from big name companies.

How many real grass roots clubs have sponsorships from Snickers!

I thought that NM-K were in Division 1 at the time because I remember hearing about a guy named George Messis, who played against Parkside for NM-K and three weeks later joining the Magpies (mid-season) after NM-K were "excluded from the fixture".

It was odd that this "new club" sprang up (Kensington Hill, aka the Hammerheads) and used the ground NM-K left vacant, but obviously the WRFL saw the publicity and cash grab on offer and IMO sacrificed the comp for a season of extra dollars.

A few years on and the League has little to show for it on the face of it all apart from a name on the premiership honour boards and a Hammerheads season guide selling for $2 in a discount sales bookstore in Adelaide.

flem got forced out coz the WRFL was going from 3 divisions to 2 and they were kinda trying to make it a stronger comp also flem was losing there players 2 other clubs.

i played there when they were all one club and they use to play accross the road from the racecourse then they moved to the flats coz that ground was to small, when they moved they couldnt attract any decent players at all and there juniors were going to north ken.

North ken was in div 2 i remember them playing against north footscray and stuff like that b4 they were kicked out coz of to many things happening in there games.

the hammerheads tried to get into the riddle league b4 and after the WRFL but riddle didnt like there idea of the 1 year thing and alot of the presedents voted against there acceptance.

Wasn't that Chicken bloke on Big Brother last year?

What happened to that guy that was a gun and racked up heaps of possies and got a stint at the VFL or something?

mattyc2422 said:
Wasn't that Chicken bloke on Big Brother last year?

What happened to that guy that was a gun and racked up heaps of possies and got a stint at the VFL or something?

Chicken was on BB4 and made it to the final 3. He was actually lucky to play in the grandfinal for the Hammerheads. The viewers ( what a joke that was? ) voted him in to play. It was between Chicken, Quonny and The Rock. The guy who actually missed out was Benny Hill who was gun player. He played in all the finals and was dropped so Channel 7 could try and boost ratings by having some controversy by having the viewers vote in a dud. Chicken was a cr.ap player but he did do very well on BB4.

Chicken was on BB4 and made it to the final 3. He was actually lucky to play in the grandfinal for the Hammerheads. The viewers ( what a joke that was? ) voted him in to play. It was between Chicken, Quonny and The Rock. The guy who actually missed out was Benny Hill who was gun player. He played in all the finals and was dropped so Channel 7 could try and boost ratings by having some controversy by having the viewers vote in a dud. Chicken was a cr.ap player but he did do very well on BB4.
I was Just on K-Rock's website and noticed Chicken (Paul Dyer) does the surf report for the morning show.

Ben Swan (Swanny) is back in WA I believe. Pretty sure he won a Premiership in 2007 for University footy club. He's a gun player. Definitely my favourite from the show.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Justin 'Maca' McAllion, Barclay 'Dicko' Dixon & Andrew 'Jayco' Jacobs all played with the West London Wildcats in London

Jayco played in the reserves premiership in 2004

Dicko played in the 2004-2007 premierships (was named in the Wildcats team of the first 21 years recently at 21 year reunion). Was a premiership captain in 2007.

Macka played in 5 flags in a row with Wildcats from 2004-2008. Wwas named in the Wildcats team of the first 21 years recently at 21 year reunion). Won a B&F as well as Grand Final BOG medal in 2008. Still lives in London.

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone know where these Hammerhead players are now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back