Does Big Footy make money from us??

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 8, 2003
Sydney
Other Teams
Not South Melbourne !!!
I've seen the ads, but surely no one here would be putting many hits on those.
Whats the deal is someone getting rich here??
I wouldn't mind but when they ban you from swearing, it's like funding the Natzis!

The Old Dark Navy's said:
Seriously, does anyone know how much it costs to run this site every year?
Yes I do.

BF probably make a fair bit of money from the Google ads and the BFSC thing, but running such a massive site like this can be pretty costly. Wouldn't suprise me if admin are in the negative in terms of money they've spent to money made with this site over the years.

The Old Dark Navy's said:
Seriously, does anyone know how much it costs to run this site every year?

I could hazard some very close estimates. All I can say is that if this site doesn't turn a tidy profit, those in charge have no business skills and should be ashamed of themselves.

I are captain accountant. This here are sir profit/loss sheet for the year of season of last year 2001.

Profit
Appleyard won $50 in a bet with me. The bet was on whether Zeke had a haemorrhoid for a brain. I thought he did, but it turned out he didn't have a brain at all, and Appleyard picked up a yellow shark

Losses
About 7.5 billion. Just to make Zeke feel like he was right about something.

PS: Zeke, you are less intelligent than a rusty nail, please go and insert your forehead in a blender and set the speed setting to high.

Merry Christmas!

binxy24 said:
Can you tell us?
I've seen some figures but don't feel it is my place to say anything. I am sure someone will happily reveal it in due course. Being a public servant, the whole privacy policy thing is fairly set in my mind now.

binxy24 said:
Can you tell us?

It depends if you include Mr Appleyard's chauffeur, Fortiscue, is so it barely makes enough money to buy a can of Mr Sheen to polish the solid gold door handles in the Bigfooty Bentley.

I don't even have all the figures - you'd have to ask Huss. You can PM him if you like.

Ethan, Huss and I all have day jobs so I can tell you no one is getting rich here. Though, as anyone will tell you, my day job is sitting in coffee shops playing backgammon and sipping non-specific traditional ethnic liquers with non-specific traditional ethnic music playing in the background.

That, and giving people wood.

:eek:

googem said:
I are captain accountant. This here are sir profit/loss sheet for the year of season of last year 2001.

Profit
Appleyard won $50 in a bet with me. The bet was on whether Zeke had a haemorrhoid for a brain. I thought he did, but it turned out he didn't have a brain at all, and Appleyard picked up a yellow shark

Losses
About 7.5 billion. Just to make Zeke feel like he was right about something.

PS: Zeke, you are less intelligent than a rusty nail, please go and insert your forehead in a blender and set the speed setting to high.

Merry Christmas!

Luv it. :D

just wait until Zeke turns up again and starts posting his sooky comments. It'll get even funnier then.

He reminds me of one of those homeless no hopers who have regularly approached me in the street and said "Excuse me could you give me two dollars so I can buy a can of coke" to which I reply "yes" and then I keep walking without giving them any money, and they look at me as though I robbed THEM!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Does Big Footy make money from us??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back