Discussion Does Retirement in the Sweet FA actually mean what it says

Remove this Banner Ad

Pondering this for some time with a few posters who have said they are retiring and then their back!

All we've got in here is our word and it appears that it's just become a throw away term.

What does everyone else think?

*they're

Look at this GREENESHOOTS TJASTA -- the SFA's own spelling critic doesn't even know the difference between there, they're and their.

Pondering this for some time with a few posters who have said they are retiring and then their back!

All we've got in here is our word and it appears that it's just become a throw away term.

People aren't allowed to change their minds? How dare they!!

Thanks for your input mate but do you have an opinion or are you going to ask what your teammates think in the team PM.
My opinion is who gives a ****, people can retire and come back if they please.

*they're

Look at this GREENESHOOTS TJASTA -- the SFA's own spelling critic doesn't even know the difference between there, they're and their.
Thanks for picking me up on that clerical error but again this is a discussion thread to talk about retirement and whether it actually means what is says. What do you think Melty? A man of your vast knowledge and experience must have an opinion.

I think that circumstances in people’s lives can change.

Work, study, relationships, family, mental health and other issues can be determining factors as to whether they feel like the internet is the best place for them at the time, particularly a banter-based board like the Sweet FA.

Some people may just not have it in them to post for a season, a few seasons, but the league thrives on engagement and activity, and the more of you there are for me to rip on the better, I say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loonerty is like John Farnham when he loses it all at Crown high rollers. Its the last time.

So people should just not say it or is it that retirement is just a loose term for having a break because I'm soft.
It's less soft and more availability for the most part. Those who have announced a 'retirement' in my time haven't really disappeared though or they've been away and came back.

TJASTA is banging his head against a wall right now because he's just realised he's fighting a losing battle.

My opinion is who gives a fu**, people can retire and come back if they please.
So shouldn't they just leave the door open and say I'm having a break because it's all too much for me, rather than use the term retirement which effectively means no more.

So shouldn't they just leave the door open and say I'm having a break because it's all too much for me, rather than use the term retirement which effectively means no more.
Does it matter in the grand scheme of things?

I think that circumstances in people’s lives can change.

Work, study, relationships, family, mental health and other issues can be determining factors as to whether they feel like the internet is the best place for them at the time, particularly a banter-based board like the Sweet FA.

Some people may just not have it in them to post for a season, a few seasons, but the league thrives on engagement and activity, and the more of you there are for me to rip on the better, I say.
Thanks mate so you just have to be honest with yourself and say I'm having a break.

Thanks mate so you just have to be honest with yourself and say I'm having a break.
I think so mate. Some of the reasons people take a break might be pretty personal so they might not want to divulge their situation to random BigFooty punters like us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion Does Retirement in the Sweet FA actually mean what it says

Remove this Banner Ad

Back