Discussion Does Retirement in the Sweet FA actually mean what it says

Remove this Banner Ad

ezgif-1-59718ad76e2f.gif

Thanks for picking me up on that clerical error but again this is a discussion thread to talk about retirement and whether it actually means what is says. What do you think Melty? A man of your vast knowledge and experience must have an opinion.

Let me get this right-- when TJASTA (someone with dyslexia) spells something incorrect it's "putrid posting", yet when you can't use the correct homophone it's a "clerical error". Double standards if I've ever seen one.

Especially when the entire premise of this thread is about the definition of the word "retirement". Just because you define it a certain way doesn't mean the rest of the world does. AFL players retire and come back to playing footy (both at AFL level, but also lower levels, John Farnham has being retiring for 20 years, professional wrestler Terry Funk for even longer--- you're getting way too worked up over a rigid definition of a word.

It's less soft and more availability for the most part. Those who have announced a 'retirement' in my time haven't really disappeared though or they've been away and came back.

TJASTA is banging his head against a wall right now because he's just realised he's fighting a losing battle.
He's not Robinson Crusoe, some recently have started threads announcing they're retirement only to look like a twit in a couple of days.

He's not Robinson Crusoe, some recently have started threads announcing they're retirement only to look like a twit in a couple of days.
A couple of days? He's got some catching up to do then. Your mob manages to do that in a couple of lines :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's less soft and more availability for the most part. Those who have announced a 'retirement' in my time haven't really disappeared though or they've been away and came back.

TJASTA is banging his head against a wall right now because he's just realised he's fighting a losing battle.

I will retire TJASTA , I WILL!!!

Yes people should be careful when they say something that is so final. I'm not singling you out here mate I just believe that a break is a better word.

Maybe sometimes people just think they are done, and then realise they miss the place and return? I don't think Loonerty originally ever planned on returning.

Yes people should be careful when they say something that is so final. I'm not singling you out here mate I just believe that a break is a better word.
People come out of retirement all the time, you shouldn't let something so trivial bother you mate.

Barrybran did, it's part of the discussion mate :rainbow:
I didn't even know that's who he was talking about. I was just making a joke. Although I agree with BAT's premise so that makes me more prophet than comedian.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion Does Retirement in the Sweet FA actually mean what it says

Remove this Banner Ad

Back