Does Richmond footy club have a have a elitist problem???

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
As a analyser I am just wondering if this is the case??

Has this compromised our DNA???

I have had a look at interactions and events over the years, the game and league has changed is their a bias causing RFC issues.

I am not ssuggesting it is intention but I am aware of certain wordly dynamics and has this affected RFC unintentionally.

I am happy to elaborate thus the creation of the thread but is this something conscious among the RFC???

I think outside observers think the Melbourne FC has such a problem possibly. Essendon has had its issues over over the last twenty years, the Pies have changed a little from its roots one would suspect and CFC has always been a little silvertailed.

Has RFC dudded itself unintentionally due to being to centralist these days??

Now when I created this thread, it is with good intentions and in a independent way.

As I have said I do not live in Victoria, followed the RFC for years.

Yet, my observations and interactions in recent years lends me to suspect there could be biases within the footy club that workings against its success.

For example, one of our most successful leaders in recent years has been Mr Gale. Mr Gale is from Tasmania.

Was Gale a success because he was from Tassie in terms of perspective rather than central Melbourne???

I am not pinpointing or attacking anyone specifically I am just noticing trends over the journey.

Before I go further I just wonder what others think about the topic?

Now I have not met any at Richmond, it is not a personal thing, it is an observation based on decisions and statistics, and loose communications( not necessarily within the club but fans like online) over the journey more than anything.

The other thing is, and this is relevant going forward, is RFC has been supported by strong Tassie input in the past which will wane because a new Tassie club is coming in. This thread is not about Tassie, rather if there is such a elitist problem at the RFC club, Tassie having their own club will exacerbate the problem theoretically because any support from Tassie cushioning RFC's success will dissipate naturally.

I am not suggesting there is a hierachical problem at RFC, very top down, the guys and gals at the top are knobs. I would not know so I am not suggesting that, and RFC deserves benefit of the doubt. I am just viewing decisons and interactions over time that suggest possible bias counter to high performance and getting the most success for RFC which could affect our progress going forward

Again I am not saying anything is necessarily deliberate or intentional, rather as a observer from afar does it indirectly exist, any such bias and has this hindered RFC's progress?

I am just wondering what others think?? I am sure most have not considered such a topic and live largely in their own fishbowl

Last edited:

As a analyser I am just wondering if this is the case??

Has this compromised our DNA???

I have had a look at interactions and events over the years, the game and league has changed is their a bias causing RFC issues.

I am not ssuggesting it is intention but I am aware of certain wordly dynamics and has this affected RFC unintentionally.

I am happy to elaborate thus the creation of the thread but is this something conscious among the RFC???

I think outside observers think the Melbourne FC has such a problem possibly. Essendon has had its issues over over the last twenty years, the Pies have changed a little from its roots one would suspect and CFC has always been a little silvertailed.

Has RFC dudded itself unintentionally due to being to centralist these days??

Now when I created this thread, it is with good intentions and in a independent way.

As I have said I do not live in Victoria, followed the RFC for years.

Yet, my observations and interactions in recent years lends me to suspect there could be biases within the footy club that workings against its success.

For example, one of our most successful leaders in recent years has been Mr Gale. Mr Gale is from Tasmania.

Was Gale a success because he was from Tassie in terms of perspective rather than central Melbourne???

I am not pinpointing or attacking anyone specifically I am just noticing trends over the journey.

Before I go further I just wonder what others think about the topic?

Now I have not met any at Richmond, it is not a personal thing, it is an observation based on decisions and statistics, and loose communications( not necessarily within the club but fans like online) over the journey more than anything.

The other thing is, and this is relevant going forward, is RFC has been supported by strong Tassie input in the past which will wane because a new Tassie club is coming in. This thread is not about Tassie, rather if there is such a elitist problem at the RFC club, Tassie having their own club will exacerbate the problem theoretically because any support from Tassie cushioning RFC's success will dissipate naturally.

I am not suggesting there is a hierachical problem at RFC, very top down, the guys and gals at the top are knobs. I would not know so I am not suggesting that, and RFC deserves benefit of the doubt. I am just viewing decisons and interactions over time that suggest possible bias counter to high performance and getting the most success for RFC which could affect our progress going forward

Again I am not saying anything is necessarily deliberate or intentional, rather as a observer from afar does it indirectly exist, any such bias and has this hindered RFC's progress?

I am just wondering what others think?? I am sure most have not considered such a topic and live largely in their own fishbowl
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

Idk if you are talking about the actual RFC or us fans.

I got no idea about inside the 4 walls of RFC nor do I really care as long as we have on-field success and respect for our current and former staff/players/coaches.

In regards to fans, I don’t think we’ve changed really. Just gotten louder and it makes some oppos cry

Remove this Banner Ad

Does Richmond footy club have a have a elitist problem???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back