Shane Dunne appointed Richmond CEO

Remove this Banner Ad

Early days but seems to be saying all the right things and moves seem to be being made a this stage thatā€™s all we can really judge and seems very positive in my eyes

Glad heā€™s has gotten on the front foot and doing a few interviews and what not as well

Hope itā€™s something that he does on a regular basis even if itā€™s just the club podcast

I didn't realise he was runner for the VFL team when they won the flag under Fly. Pretty cool.

I've been pretty impressed by what he has to say so far. It's all words at this stage though obviously.
Wasnā€™t aware of that either
Another tick for me
Good to know that he has that kind of connection with the guys in the trenches so to speak and not just a bean counter

Hopefully he manages to keep that balance to help inform the decisions that he makes, from my experience they tend to be the best kinds of upper management types

Iā€™m on the Dunne wagon

Nice lay up to get him going. To be fair but Stevie Wonder with ear muffs could have made that call
Meanwhile Brendan Gale without Ear muffs didnā€™t, or anyone else at the club.

Meanwhile Brendan Gale without Ear muffs didnā€™t, or anyone else at the club.
Youā€™re like a bot thatā€™s been set to defending anyone at the club at all costs

Iā€™m on board with Dunne so relax. Gale wasnā€™t making any changes till he left for Tassie was always going to be up to the next guy

First impressions are the man is articulate and intelligent, and speaks very well. Very important qualities for the role.

I recall an article Mike Sheahan wrote some 20 years ago when Ian Campbell was our CEO (on Dimitriou's recommendation). Sheahan, Dimitriou and Campbell were at lunch together, and to Sheahan amazement Campbell just sat there and contributed nothing. Needless to say he didn't last long as CEO.

We don't want a stooge running the club. Can't see Dunne being that.

First impressions are the man is articulate and intelligent, and speaks very well. Very important qualities for the role.

I recall an article Mike Sheahan wrote some 20 years ago when Ian Campbell was our CEO (on Dimitriou's recommendation). Sheahan, Dimitriou and Campbell were at lunch together, and to Sheahan amazement Campbell just sat there and contributed nothing. Needless to say he didn't last long as CEO.

We don't want a stooge running the club. Can't see Dunne being that.
Was that the guy from Nike

Gale was obviously amazing with what he did but it appears the same 'backing our structures' etc that bought us amazing success, has cost us a bit of time when we were on the decline.

I have the feeling Dunne won't be like that. He'll make hard calls when needed. Not saying sack the coach or anything but if there is an area that is clearly failing, I think he'll make swift changes - which we will need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goal setting & future vision for the club may come once heā€™s had an opportunity to take a more full view of things after 12 months or so in the role but I see that there are more immediate things that need attending to. Like drafting, coaching group around Adem etc once the more obvious things are addressed then he may start talking further within the club about the more big picture goals/vision?

No vision No goals šŸ‘Ž
Agreed. Should come in, stamp his authority and place stretch goals. You can't hit what you can't see. I can make some goals for the next 10 years that would be a good statement.

SplintWhisky's 2025 to 2035 plan

• Have the Punt Road redevelopment completed and over 70% paid off
  • Achieve finals appearances in 6 out the next 10 years
  • Add 2 flags to the cabinet
  • Increase community engagement within Victorian regional areas and heavily in our NGA Academy Zone
  • Achieve 2 VFL flags
  • Increase membership by an average of 2.5% p.a.
  • No more Home Games at Marvel
  • AFLW team to become profitable
  • 2 AFLW Flags

Literally off the top of my head in 5 minutes.

Agreed. Should come in, stamp his authority and place stretch goals. You can't hit what you can't see. I can make some goals for the next 10 years that would be a good statement.

• Increase community engagement within Victorian regional areas and heavily in our NGA Academy Zone
  • Achieve 2 VFL flags
  • 2 AFLW Flags

Not hard to have vision.

• Achieve 2 VFL flags
  • 2 AFLW Flags

Bookmarked. Will see how you go lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Shane Dunne appointed Richmond CEO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back