NDFCHFC2

Senior List
Aug 30, 2010
west of Power rd Hawthorn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
melb demons
I was wondering regarding free bets, bookies say you have to turn over winnings once say, what it actually means?

sportsbet have a 1st bet bonus 2 for 1 offer up to $100, 'free bet' currently offered with the condition you turn over winnings at least once.

Does it just mean you have to lose, or give back a total which is equivalent or more than what you won from the free bet before you can withdraw?

For example you place the 100 free bet on a 9.00 shot , and win 800 from it.
So you only have to lose a total of 800 in any shape or form (like in drips and drabs) and then you keep whats left, or it becomes available at least?

thats what I take the rule to mean but am not confident at all?

they dont make it clear, and have a useless online help chat muppet.

I was wondering regarding free bets, bookies say you have to turn over winnings once say, what it actually means?

sportsbet have a 1st bet bonus 2 for 1 offer up to $100, 'free bet' currently offered with the condition you turn over winnings at least once.

Does it just mean you have to lose, or give back a total which is equivalent or more than what you won from the free bet before you can withdraw?

For example you place the 100 free bet on a 9.00 shot , and win 800 from it.
So you only have to lose a total of 800 in any shape or form (like in drips and drabs) and then you keep whats left, or it becomes available at least?

thats what I take the rule to mean but am not confident at all?

they dont make it clear, and have a useless online help chat muppet.
Turnover means to bet that amount. Usually at or above odds certain odds. So in your example you would need to bet a total $800 (the winnings) before being able to withdraw.

Turnover means to bet that amount. Usually at or above odds certain odds.
what odds? no mention of it in their terms and cond's. what bloody odds?
So in your example you would need to bet a total $800 (the winnings) before being able to withdraw.
ok, but are you saying certain odds has to be met? meaning i couldnt just put it all on a 1.01 shot? if i wanted?

Strange they (sportsbet)dont say what odds is required! I'd have thought its a pretty important part of the deal, and should be in the fine print t and c which it aint.

any further info as youv confused me more?

thanks though my friend for the prompt responce, just seeking clarification.

on a free bet no, on a turnover requirement then absolutely there's a point (provided its as close to a certainty as is possible)
If it's not an overlay it's still a -ve EV play and therefore a bad bet though.

on a free bet no, on a turnover requirement then absolutely there's a point (provided its as close to a certainty as is possible)
I believe your right 1st time, if its a certanty why not?

If it's not an overlay it's still a -ve EV play and therefore a bad bet though.
-ve EV means what? unless you could provide a example of a better way of turning over 800, i reckon it is a safe play, rather than bad bet. if it gets the desired effect. not saying take the first avail 1.01 instead just wait until one pops up thats not gonna lose, even if its 1.03 etc.

you're right, not entirely sure what i was getting at in my post. bizarre by me really, i'm losing the punting plot
:rolleyes::(:confused: why? The only way I can see it not being a worthy play is if I want to win more or continue afl punting for the season.

I believe your right 1st time, if its a certanty why not?
Because nothing is a certainty, and if it was they wouldn't offer a market on it.

-ve EV means what? unless you could provide a example of a better way of turning over 800, i reckon it is a safe play, rather than bad bet. if it gets the desired effect. not saying take the first avail 1.01 instead just wait until one pops up thats not gonna lose, even if its 1.03 etc.
I don't really care whether you do or not. EV refers to expected value, and essentially marks the difference between the odds you are getting and the likelihood that you will win the bet. It determines whether in the long term taking this play would be a winning or losing proposition. While it is clearer for events that have a known probability of occurring; say a five being rolled on a die (1/6), you should aim to determine your own probability assessment for sports betting before deciding whether to bet. Taking $1.01 on an outcome which has a < 1/100 chance of winning is a poor bet.

I joined Sportsbet last week, they had a matched initial bet of up to $250. I'm sure that i read that my free bet winnings had to be turned over at odds of $1.90. Just spent 10 mins reading through the free bet terms and conditions and could only see a statement that said "if" a free bet has an odds restriction. I'd say for the offer you got you have no restrictions and can turn it over at what ever price you like.

EV refers to expected value, and essentially marks the difference between the odds you are getting and the likelihood that you will win the bet. It determines whether in the long term taking this play would be a winning or losing proposition. While it is clearer for events that have a known probability of occurring; say a five being rolled on a die (1/6), you should aim to determine your own probability assessment for sports betting before deciding whether to bet. Taking $1.01 on an outcome which has a < 1/100 chance of winning is a poor bet.
You had me until the bit in bold. Did you mean taking $1.01 on an outcome which has > 1/100 chance of losing is a poor bet? Or am I missing the point of your post... Because taking $1.01 on an outcome with less than 1% chance of winning is obviously incredibly poor. Or were you saying that as an extreme to make your point? Bah I think I should go to bed, I'm struggling to think with my brain parts...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

does turn over mean lose?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back