Analysis Dom Tyson

Remove this Banner Ad

This guy is almost the new Jack Watts in terms supporter bagging.

Wet weather game = skill levels drop

He was injured for sometime this preseason wait some more rounds before you say he is slow and a turnover king.
He's cut his hair though :(

How he was rated the 3rd best 18 year old in the country is astonishing

From his wiki...

After missing out on state selection for the under-16 Victoria Metro side in 2009, queries were raised over his pace and ability to be more than an inside-midfielder.

He's been in decline since that first season for us. His lack of mobility and his atrocious kicking are a liability at the moment. Would give him a spell in the VFL.

You'd think, given he was on the extended bench and named for Casey, he was on notice this week, and his game last night shouldn't have helped his cause. Won't be surprised to see him dropped this week

From his wiki...

He's been in decline since that first season for us. His lack of mobility and his atrocious kicking are a liability at the moment. Would give him a spell in the VFL.

Hes an inside midfielder that cheats forward and kicks goals. But doesn't work hard the other way
He isn't even that good inside either especially now with all the numbers around the ball. Gets held up or disposed far too often
Looked good in a shit Melbourne side and is now being found out

Hes an inside midfielder that cheats forward and kicks goals. But doesn't work hard the other way
He isn't even that good inside either especially now with all the numbers around the ball. Gets held up or disposed far too often
Looked good in a shit Melbourne side and is now being found out

Dunno, I don't recall him being as flatfooted as he is now. Carrying a niggle? Gone with more muscle instead of aerobic capacity? I just remember him being better around the ground than he is now. Moving better will give him a bit more time and help him use it better.

Dunno, I don't recall him being as flatfooted as he is now. Carrying a niggle? Gone with more muscle instead of aerobic capacity? I just remember him being better around the ground than he is now. Moving better will give him a bit more time and help him use it better.

He had less responsibility in 14 because we flooded back and moved the ball slowly allowing him to do what he wanted. Now we are playing a higher tempo with pressing and he's fallen away.
He seems to not understand the game plan and what his role is. Same goes for a few of our blokes, very worrying

If we are making excuses for him being shit and looking like he has no idea how to kick the ****ing thing then drop him and let him get over his 'problems'. Why do we keep making excuses for shite? again lastnight 3 or 4 times all he had to do was drop it infront for dees player but nope kick it straight to richmond player he is a fumbly ****ing spud. Brayshaw should be getting a game over him in the midfield. Never understood the hype around this clown wow he has had a handful of good games so has most inside 1 way running mids. Thank **** for salem and hunt or we got screwed massively. Kelly and Lobb are exactly the players we need right now bahahaha. Not saying we would of picked Lobb with that pick but funny how it worked out right now

He had less responsibility in 14 because we flooded back and moved the ball slowly allowing him to do what he wanted. Now we are playing a higher tempo with pressing and he's fallen away.
He seems to not understand the game plan and what his role is. Same goes for a few of our blokes, very worrying

He also gets rid of the ball too slowly in close, guys like Oliver and Petracca are fine in congestion because they navigate traffic brilliantly and have fast hands but whilst Tyson can make his way through it, he is too slow by hand and foot. I want Gus to play his role please Goody.

He also gets rid of the ball too slowly in close, guys like Oliver and Petracca are fine in congestion because they navigate traffic brilliantly and have fast hands but whilst Tyson can make his way through it, he is too slow by hand and foot. I want Gus to play his role please Goody.

Yeah he will manouver his hands over a first tackle and then get done by the next one. It's like he thinks he's playing in the 90s where if you beat a tackle you could run and bounce 90m

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luvin this thread, you guys feel like I do. Not sure if this is where to post it, but Im actually a bit worried about our midfield
Lewis- old and slow
Jones - solid, but no spring chicken
Oliver - gun
Salem - if we can count him there - think he is good
Petracca - potential, but not sure
Brayshaw - same
Tyson - turd

So its not all that flash - who am I missing, Stretch?

Luvin this thread, you guys feel like I do. Not sure if this is where to post it, but Im actually a bit worried about our midfield
Lewis- old and slow
Jones - solid, but no spring chicken
Oliver - gun
Salem - if we can count him there - think he is good
Petracca - potential, but not sure
Brayshaw - same
Tyson - turd

So its not all that flash - who am I missing, Stretch?
Missing Viney, and some depth players like ANB, AVB, Harmes etc

Missing Viney, and some depth players like ANB, AVB, Harmes etc

ahh Viney - thats right, such a quiet year, although in general Ithink he is a good B+ player like Jones
ANB I left our cause hes crap
AVB, Harmes are forwards no? I like Harmes - he looks a bit like a horse but he tries all the time, which is good for us, not pea hearted

You guys are pretty rough on Dom. 4th in the BnF last year and a nasty knee injury at boot camp, doesn't take long for the knives to come out though especially when we're losing.

He went pick 3 in 2011 because he absolutely blitzed the Championships, and besides, I'd say he's about par for a pick 3. If every top 5 pick became a superstar every year then there'd be a lot of superstars running around. He's a B-B+ 200 gamer.

ahh Viney - thats right, such a quiet year, although in general Ithink he is a good B+ player like Jones
ANB I left our cause hes crap
AVB, Harmes are forwards no? I like Harmes - he looks a bit like a horse but he tries all the time, which is good for us, not pea hearted
I'm a big fan of AVB. Wish he could get a run at it. I agree he plays more forward but should be part of the midfield rotation in bursts. Probably similar to Petraccas role. Petracca has more tricks but AVB is better at applying pressure. I'd play them both if fit. AVB in for Harmes

Last edited:
You guys are pretty rough on Dom. 4th in the BnF last year and a nasty knee injury at boot camp, doesn't take long for the knives to come out though especially when we're losing.

He went pick 3 in 2011 because he absolutely blitzed the Championships, and besides, I'd say he's about par for a pick 3. If every top 5 pick became a superstar every year then there'd be a lot of superstars running around. He's a B-B+ 200 gamer.

He has a few credits in the bank on last year's performance, but that only lasts so long. Patience is wearing thin. We need more from him. He just doesn't seem to be impacting on games. He's not kicking goals like last year, and his disposal is very poor. I can see why people are frustrated. Needs to do a lot more..

Cant defend him anymore. He's a shadow of his former self.

Gets a ton of the ball but does no damage. If anything a good 25% of his disposals have a negative affect.

I'm not gonna comment on the bad things cause I've beaten that to death but I didn't notice much good? Just seemed to be there

Worked well in traffic to get hands clear and some clearances, normally was quite clean with the ball.

Had time with the ball.

looked better today i thought, still had his fair share of putrid clangers, but some good moments as well
the game was played at a fairly slow pace with the short turnaround for the most part so maybe that suited him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back