New Orleans Saints, Detroit Tigers
domenic-cassisi.png

Height: 184 cm

Weight: 84 kg

Date of Birth: 22nd September 1982

Nickname: Dom

Twitter Handle: @DomCassisi

Position: Midfielder

Recruited From: East Fremantle (2000 National Draft Pick #50)

Career Games: 228 (116 wins, 2 draw, 110 losses)

Career Goals: 74

For more career stats click here

Honours:
  • 2002 AFL Pre-Peason Premiership Player
  • 2004 AFL Premiership Player
  • 2005 PAFC Most Improved Player
  • 2005 PAFC 3rd B&F
  • 2008 PAFC 2nd B&F
  • 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 PAFC Fos Williams Medal
  • 2009-2012 PAFC Captain

More info on Domenic Cassisi:

Unfortunately for Dom, the end came fairly quickly in 2014. He struggled with the pace of the game from the very start of the season. Ken gave him several lock down jobs off half back which he was able to fulfill decently enough but you got the impression that it was what he wasn't offering in terms of run and attack that may have been holding the team back a bit. In the finish, he announced that the round 18 game against Melbourne would be his last and he was sent off in style with a closely fought home win. A 228 game player, a premiership player, and our leader in the toughest of times. We salute you Dom.

Highlight Reel:

Last edited by a moderator:

Re: Pick 6 - Who to take?

i like this.

but then i remember these imposters took us to 16th

The suggestion that Cassisi is top shelf is one I can not agree with. I was hoping we could ultimately compare him to Brett Kirk once he became captain. He works bloody hard, granted......but his lack of effectiveness at either clean clearance work or quality outside possession precludes Dom from being considered much more than a battling captain. I should know, my entire school and university football career was played as a one-paced, in and under centreman, who tackled the shit out of anyone but couldn't kick over a jam tin.............plus I captained some shockingly unsuccessful teams;).

The suggestion that Cassisi is top shelf is one I can not agree with. I was hoping we could ultimately compare him to Brett Kirk once he became captain. He works bloody hard, granted......but his lack of effectiveness at either clean clearance work or quality outside possession precludes Dom from being considered much more than a battling captain.

agree with this

dom should be commended on his effort and repeated efforts to get the ball

when he finishes his career - i suspect he will be seen as a solid midfielder not a good or a great one

Doms a good hard worker and he is a good footballer. He'll be recognised as someone who got the best out of himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The suggestion that Cassisi is top shelf is one I can not agree with. I was hoping we could ultimately compare him to Brett Kirk once he became captain. He works bloody hard, granted......but his lack of effectiveness at either clean clearance work or quality outside possession precludes Dom from being considered much more than a battling captain. I should know, my entire school and university football career was played as a one-paced, in and under centreman, who tackled the shit out of anyone but couldn't kick over a jam tin.............plus I captained some shockingly unsuccessful teams;).

Agree entirely hard worker but no dynamic class something i think a good captain needs to have.

There is no one else at our club who would be a better captain than Dom. Huge respect for the way he goes about it, Thank god the captaincy didn't go to Kane or Shaun

a big year from dom will do wonders for the rest of our midfield and subsequently our team. it makes you feel a lot better knowing cassisi will be influencing the youngsters with his tenacity. if thomas steps up too then we will actually have some competition for spots!!

#1 DOMENIC CASSISI

28 / 184 / 84

234429.jpg

SANFL Stats:
Games: 1
Disposals: 20
Disposal Efficiency: 75.0
Marks: 2
Clearances: 4
Tackles: 1
Inside50: 1
Rebound50: 1
Goals: 0
Best Players: 0

VOTES:
BigFooty: 100 (8th)
Port: 3 (21st)
Macca19: 52 (13th)

AFL Stats:
Games: 13
Disposals: 257
Disposal Efficiency: 64.9
Marks: 30
Contested Marks: 2
Clearances: 58
Tackles: 102
Inside50: 22
Rebound50: 28
Contested Possession: 140
Goals: 6
Goal Assists: 5
Best Players: 9

Notes:
* 2nd Tackles
* 5th Contested Possessions

Our Captains 2011 season was largely ruined through injury sustained in Round 2 against West Coast. The leg injury kept him out for 2 months and he missed almost the entire first half of the season. He came back in Round 13 against West Coast and didn’t miss another game for the rest of the year. His form when on the park was quite good – 2nd in tackles and 5th in contested possessions despite missing 9 matches shows that the quality of his inside work is well above average. In fact, his 8.8 tackles per game was 2nd across the whole league.

His best game came in the disastrous loss against Hawthorn in Round 21, whilst he also picked up 26 disposals and a goal against Melbourne in Round 17. A 20+ game season from Dom will ensure that our midfield works in a more cognitive fashion in 2012.

v2y9e0.jpg

Previous History
2002 – N/A
2003 – 23rd
2004 – 12th
2005 – 9th
2006 – 19th
2007 – 6th
2008 – 12th
2009 – 3rd
2010 – 6th

Cassisi will be leading from the front again in 2012 with the focus to be on improving our performance at stoppages

Link

Cassisi plots to help Port revive glory days

PORT Adelaide is seeking to turn back the clock to its glory years and become stoppage experts as it begins its quest in the NAB Cup today.

Link

Steve Butler again. He should buy a membership! :D

Cassisi leads from the front
Steve Butler Victor Harbor,
The West Australian
link

To watch Domenic Cassisi play football in the bush setting of Encounter Bay Oval is to realise how underrated the Port Adelaide captain is in his home State of WA.

With little fanfare, Cassisi has developed not only into one of the game's most consistent and courageous inside midfielders, but also a committed leader of a group destined to soon shrug off its easy-beat status.

link

O Captain! My Captain! Re-signs - will be a one club player!

Link

Cassisi Commits: A Power Man For Life

cassisiNAB2012-cycler.jpg

Inspirational Port Adelaide captain Dom Cassisi has committed to playing out his career at Alberton after signing a contract extension with the club.

The 29-year-old’s decision delivers a significant boost to the Power as it prepares to kick off its 2012 AFL campaign against St Kilda at AAMI Stadium on Sunday.

Link

Originally posted by Macca19

20th. #1 DOMENIC CASSISI

31 Votes

264621.jpg

VOTES:
BigFooty: 31 (20th)
Port: 14 (4th)
Toots: 20 (16th)

AFL Stats:
Games: 19
Disposals: 365
Marks: 64
Contested Marks: 3
Clearances: 57
Tackles: 88
Inside50: 24
Rebound50: 41
Contested Possession: 167
Goals: 0
Goal Assists: 4
Best Players: 6

Notes:
Dom had a tough year in 2012. Struggling in the first part of the season, Dom was moved to a back flank part way through the year to help out in defence and try and get hin influencing the game more. His best football came late in the year against Melbourne and Fremantle, whilst also good in the last round against Richmond. There were times throughout the year when his spot in the side came under question, with his normally excellent inside work struggling. A loyal servant for a number of years, it is important for both the club and Dom himself that he goes back to his best in 2013.

* 2009 Runner up Port Board POTY

34nfryq.jpg

Feature article on Cassisi who today handed over the captaincy reins to Boak.

Link

Veteran Cassisi renews appreciation for pre-season

domcassisi_feature_620_620X370.jpg

“THEY don’t get any easier no matter how many you’ve done...”

... So says Port Adelaide’s only listed veteran, Dom Cassisi.

Entering his thirteenth year at Alberton Oval, the club’s oldest player has come to appreciate the importance of a good pre-season.

Having played under three coaches and in two grand finals, Cassisi remains one of the most experienced players in the AFL.

The unassuming midfielder and club captain for the past four years has built a reputation as one of the Power’s most solid defensive players through his prolific 203 game career.

But at the ripe age of 30, Cassisi knows the value of sweltering kilometres on the track and what it can provide for an up-and-coming team.

Link

Dom's fight with deadly virus

THE illness hit Dom Cassisi like a sledgehammer.
One day he was looking forward to a break in pre-season training and spending a second Christmas with his 18-month-old daughter, Eva.
The next he was struggling to get out of bed and felt like he had been through 10 rounds with Muhammad Ali.
"It was the worst pain I had ever experienced," said the former Port Adelaide skipper, breaking his silence on his secret pre-Christmas battle with the life-threatening viral meningitis.
"The headaches were crippling, they were so bad they felt like concussions.
"They came one after another and were almost unbearable. There's no doubt I was pretty sick there for a while."
Dom's fight with deadly virus

Sounds like he is over it now and had to laugh of his description of it as a little bit of a setback.

Remove this Banner Ad

Domenic Cassisi (Past Players)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back