Domestic Violence Epidemic

Remove this Banner Ad

Poor kids, they must have been terrified. :'(

This tragic DV child murders case is going to be interesting to watch play out, what with her ex-employer being the NSW Government and a recently failed unfair dismissal litigation case against them.

Probably another case that will involve the defence having the the case dealt with in some way under the NSW Mental Health Act.

This tragic DV child murders case is going to be interesting to watch play out, what with her ex-employer being the NSW Government and a recently failed unfair dismissal litigation case against them.

Probably another case that will involve the defence having the the case dealt with in some way under the NSW Mental Health Act.

Ah the Mother who killed the kids must have had a mental health episode narrative.

Didn't take long.

Ah the Mother who killed the kids must have had a mental health episode narrative.

Didn't take long.

Bail not applied for in the first court hearing this morning.
Next Court appearance in November.

The big question is whether she will try and take the stand in a trial, in order to further attempt to lay blame on her ex-employer (NSW Government) and the NSW Justice System in relation to her failed historical employment legal action will be interesting.

'Ms Smith only addressed the court briefly to confirm she understood what was happening and to thank the magistrate.'

I can well understand concerns that the current strategy appears to be more about appealing to women voters in general, than a more multi-pronged approach to reducing domestic violence.

The blowback of which is possibly the opposition focusing on appealing more to make voters in general.
Tit for tat.

'...
The National Plan to End Violence Against Women and Children largely focuses on something the sector calls “primary prevention” – that is,“stopping violence before it starts” by combating gender inequality and misogynistic attitudes and structures.'
Multiple people in the sector say they have been told not to speak on certain topics by leaders in the sector, that certain conversations are regularly shut down, or that they have learned to self-censor for fear of losing out on tenders or research funding.
“It seemed to me that there was an undue primacy being put on the gender equality approach,” she says. “I thought I’d missed something in the national plan, I read it four or five times. There was so much of this discussion that was left out.”

That included targeted interventions at groups who are more likely to offend – like those who had themselves been the victims of DFV as children – as well as interventions around alcohol and drug use, which research has shown can increase the severity of violence.

But, she says, these were not only not getting sufficient funding or attention, but people were even too scared to mention them in discussions because it didn’t fit the narrative from government.
...'

Often the most dangerous.

'He was very well-spoken and very smart, but you can pick up that he was kind of controlling and manipulative. You can't pick up that he's basically a murdering psychopath," Catherine's attorney Eric Reyes told NBC2.'

Remove this Banner Ad

Domestic Violence Epidemic

Remove this Banner Ad

Back