Multiplat Don Bradman Cricket 14

Remove this Banner Ad

I love the christmas touch in the training nets :), makes a ho ho ho noise when the ball hits him as well!
tYpPTNL.jpg

Just got promoted to captain in the Victorian side (for 50 overs games), surprising since my average is weaker in that format compared to the shield games. Started the dreaded Big Bash tournament yet again, my average has sucked in that lately built it up to 100+ ages ago, it's currently dwindled to 61. Scored 12 and 20 in my first two matches.

Last edited:
I love the christmas touch in the training nets :), makes a ho ho ho noise when the ball hits him as well!
tYpPTNL.jpg

Just got promoted to captain in the Victorian side (for 50 overs games), surprising since my average is weaker in that format compared to the shield games. Started the dreaded Big Bash tournament yet again, my average has sucked in that lately built it up to 100+ ages ago, it's currently dwindled to 61. Scored 12 and 20 in my first two matches.

When you get captaincy, are you able to select your starting XI for matches?

No but you can make bowling and batting lineup changes mid game

Didn't know this, I was just happy to be able to choose heads or tails :D

I'll be sure to put myself in to bowl just for fun.

I Was made T20 captain of the Melbourne Renegades a few hours ago, scored 57 the following game, but have gone back to scoring less than 20 the games after that.

Just an idea that maybe on the next edition (if there is one), there could be an in-game world rankings where you need to work your way up with the bat or the ball. Perhaps the same for teams on points.

Would add another touch to it.

Made it into the Australian ODI side and debuted against England. Didn't do very well - only scored 8 before I lost my wicket and Australia lost the match. The second match in the 5 match series went Australia's way, helped them out by scoring 64. The third match I played a bit more of a slow and calculated innings (barely any 6's, quite a few 4's... but mostly 1's and 2's). Scored over 100 and now my ODI average is bang on 60.

Had a glitch happen a couple of times last night and this morning. Whenever the 3rd umpire checks a run out, it's always out, even when the batsman is home (I double check with the interactive replays). Even stranger is the fact that the run is still credited to the team and batsman that they were allegedly, and given, run out.

Anyone else get this?

Nah, but I have got a weird glitch where I return my batsman to the crease (O) and he does this weird shuffle on the crease and is run out everytime
Doesnt happen all the time

And if you don't make them sprint back, they're always short because they seem to start taking baby steps 2 or meters from the crease

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still suck at this. Once I lose the first wicket, usually after a good opening stand, the rest of the batsman start missing everything and it's left to the keeper and bowlers to fix it up.

My number 10 pace bowler in the second test against South Africa, coming in when we were 8/400 odd with Haddin at the crease. Make my way up to 47 off 30. Haddin goes out. Get to 49 off 45. Took South Africa long enough to pick my batting style of whipping it to square leg or down the ground. Seem to knock it back to the bowler with mid on and off down on the ropes. Go for the big six, fielder takes a stupid diving catch infront of the sight screen -_- makes me sad but I should learn to play offside

Playing state cricket atm. Phil Hughes is top scoring in the 50 over cup with 805 runs from 10 innings (2n.o.), a high score of 224*, 3x 100s, 3x 50s, 3 catches, a strike rate of 115, and an average of 100.63. The last one brings a tear to my eye. Uncanny.

Playing state cricket atm. Phil Hughes is top scoring in the 50 over cup with 805 runs from 10 innings (2n.o.), a high score of 224*, 3x 100s, 3x 50s, 3 catches, a strike rate of 115, and an average of 100.63. The last one brings a tear to my eye. Uncanny.
He's an absolute gun. I am coming 2nd in one day runs behind him, although he has around 400 more runs then me.

There are a few glitches that I've noticed over the past few months:

- There is a particular area of the ground where, when the ball is hit to it, your batsman are slower to react to you telling them to run again

It's out towards the boundary (deep mid wicket if batting at the opposite end), and despite how many times I hit "run" to come back for a 2nd/3rd run, the batsman will take a second or two to react. I don't have this issue when the ball is hit to any other part of the ground.

- Fieldsmen on the boundary will literally stand still while the ball is hit in their direction. Nearly every time, they would have been able to run and get hands on the ball for a catch (or attempt), but instead stand there doing nothing.

Made 231 in the second innings of the shield final. I was up against it. I was looking good in the first innings but made a blunder before I could reach 50. Set a huge target to reach in the second innings, I came in around the 130 mark, opted to start off looking for singles and 2's, while punishing the occasional ball (the lofted straight drive is my go to aggressive shot, when the bowling is a little harder, I usually do a cover drive or straight drive for 4 or 6 (or I get out easily when attempting them lol).

When I notched up the century, Hilfenhaus also notched his one up in the bowling figures :D. Finch lasted until I was nearly at 100, he got run out (yes I was greedy and it was my fault). Managed to erase most of the total required, and I was out with about 60 runs left to get. I actually worked it out that I would have needed 5.4 runs an over to get their target with the overs remaining in the game. When I came in at the crease the run rate was just over 4. I gradually boosted it to 5, then when I was really on fire the run rate remained steady at 7 before dropping a bit (damn spin bowlers being introduced lol).

9t7xBUA.jpg

TZ42eFE.jpg

And yes when I restarted my career I named the player Xtreme Bigfooty so I could post screenshots on here in the future :D.

I seem to be getting into old habits, the shield games are where I slog it out and it ends up being T20 or ODI type scores. Whereas T20's can sometimes end up like test matches for me when I am having a shocking run (low scoring, poor run rate achieved etc).

I will have to double check the trophy holding celebration but I am positive I have held the trophy up regardless if I was captain or not captain.
Victoria won the shield, but we lost the 50 overs title to South Australia :(, I was up against it early as when I came on in the 13th over they were bowling spinners and I can't hit easy boundary balls against them. Found my rhythm once they changed to fast and medium pace bowlers, but still had to be careful. My partners were dropping like flies around me, Johan Botha got on a hatrick at one stage.... luckliy he missed it. I started playing a bit better... had the run rate get up to 7 per over (it was at 4.2 when I originally came to the crease). The score was up to the 180's when I finally lost my wicket after scoring 82 runs. The team piled on some last runs before we were all out.

Being captain of the 50 over side I had started to have some fun while fielding and put myself into bowl in some of the games I played. In the 50 overs final I basically did this 10 overs in as I knew we were screwed (cpu would make the total within 25 overs it was that crap lol). Bowled a few overs with one 1 run scored in each (did this even though I am a pure batsman lol), got really lucky as a lot of the time I will get at least 4-6 runs scored against me in an over at minimum. Chose to simulate the game further to get the loss over with, this didn't happen simulated it to the late 30's and we were still in with a slim shot. Returned to bowling and contained them. The difference was getting smaller but sadly it was too much to bear, even though I went on a late run and snared 3 wickets (including 2 in a row by them playing silly shots and the keeper catching it) they reached the total with 3 overs to spare.

Playing my first IPL T20 tournament with the Delhi Daredevils, playing in a team that looks like I will rarely get to bat before the 10th over the last 2 games I came in at the 12th and 14th over (coming in at 4th behind Kevin Pietersen!!) scored a promising 36 in the first game, got too tempted to up the run rate and attempted to hit out, but was caught. Second game was not as successful, came to the crease and went out for a duck lol. My T20 average is down to the 40's now, which sucks as I had it in the 100-150 range in my Big Bash debut season.

Last edited:
That's strange because you seem to be a good batsman but find spinners hard to play whereas I'm a pretty shit batsman and I can't wait for the spinners to score some easy runs.

I can hit balls for 4 off spinners occsionally, but the common result is singles, 2's or sometimes 3's. I find square cuts/late cuts easier to hit (depending where the ball is bowled of course... If they bowl too close to the wicket and I attempt those shots I will tap it straight to the keeper or slips fielder). I can never get the timing right to WANT to risk going for aggressive air shots.

When I first started playing the game when it originally came out on pc I was even worse against spin bowlers, literally the only time I would be able to hit it and hit it outside of the fielders circle was when I went for the reverse sweep shot.

With medium pace bowlers I find that their run up will dictate how I will be able to time the shot successfully, I play it safe with them most of the time but depending on field placings I will risk the occasional aired shot that won't make a 6 but should bounce once or twice before it hits the rope for 4 (usually they will pop up and the fielders inside the circle gobble the catch).

I use the fast bowlers pace to slog the balls to the boundary, occasionally if they bowl a trick ball that I swing and miss, or I stuff up but am lucky to not get out (ball falls short where the keeper or fielder stands) I will change my shot selection and be content with singles - 2's until the next opening (be it bad ball being bowled or they change the field placings leaving the "easier" shot able to be played and hit for 4).

I know the practice nets are in the game for a reason, I find that it doesn't really help me much... I can get the timing right in the nets but it goes pear shape in the actual matches.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat Don Bradman Cricket 14

Remove this Banner Ad

Back