Donnie Darko

Remove this Banner Ad

I think at the moment Donnie Darko is my fave film. Im not even sure why, its just fascinating, i love the soundtrack and its so sad. its also very different from most movies, that ive seen anyway.

Also, if you're keen, go to donniedarko.com, follow the clues and find out what happened after the end of the story in the film, always makes you think.

Not his best film but still a pretty good performance by Johnny Depp. Which reminds me i seen somewhere( possibly digitalbits) that they're releasing a directors cut or some extended cut of this film later this year. Yep just checked over at thedigitialbits.com & they're releasing a extended cut & a revenge directors cut. Depp was better in Blow for mine & Pacino well what can you say the guy is an extremely solid/well rounded actor but his performance in Dog day afternoon & Serpico was far better than in Donnie Darko. Still not a bad movie & definitely worth watching but just my opinion this film isn't in the same league as other mob films like Goodfellas.

Not his best film but still a pretty good performance by Johnny Depp. Which reminds me i seen somewhere( possibly digitalbits) that they're releasing a directors cut or some extended cut of this film later this year. Yep just checked over at thedigitialbits.com & they're releasing a extended cut & a revenge directors cut. Depp was better in Blow for mine & Pacino well what can you say the guy is an extremely solid/well rounded actor but his performance in Dog day afternoon & Serpico was far better than in Donnie Darko. Still not a bad movie & definitely worth watching but just my opinion this film isn't in the same league as other mob films like Goodfellas.

What movie are you thinking of? oh i know, donnie brasko, where depp is an undercover cop in some kind of mafia gang. donnie darko is with jake gyllenhall (or whatever the spelling is) and patrick swayze, maggie gyllenhall, drew barrymore etc and about a kid who sees a big scary rabbit who tells him when the world is going to end.

It's okay, I guess. Good, but not "the greatest ever" or whatever some people say. Not even close. Some good things there, but it doesn't really stay with me some movies do.

But I guess everyone has different opinions. I just wasn't as impressed as some people tend to be with this movie.

haha rofl:D

what?:confused:

He confused Donnie Darko with Donnie Brasko. Both those movies, to me atleast, are excellent movies.

Donnie Darko was something 'new' when i first watched it. The plot might be a little bit confusing, but its still fascinating and suspensful. The acting was superb, and its script was great. I wouldn't put it in my top 10, but i'd definately recommend it to people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i watched it too,
i swear on my life when he was riding his bike the red car drove past and i thought, "thats gonna have something to do with the movie." It was the only movng car at the start so i guess thats why it stood out.
i was confused but the more i think about it the better the movie seemed

I watched it again last night to see if I can get anymore out of it and there are things you miss the first time but I still think it's overrated. My favourite part of the movie was probably when Donnie's parents go to see the prinicipal and when the teacher tells the parents that Donnie told her to stick the card up her ass the father gives a little sniggle.

I watched this movie the other day for the first time. I have been wanting to watch it for a while because a couple of years ago it was in the top ten on the ABC's My Favourite Film. I have to say I was pretty unimpressed. It was ok but in the top ten films of all time amongst Australian viewers?:eek:

It has a cult following, especially with the internet community. People who vote on those types of shows are likely to vote for Darko, but in the mainstream audience it wouldn't rate in the top 10, let alone top 50, as it is a peculiar movie and an aquired taste.

But yeah these polls are often swayed by internet groups with their own specific beliefs, and DD a top ten movie of all time is one of them. I liked it, not one of by favorites but I liked it for sure. As I said alot wont like it and that's fine, it's a movie that will appeal straight away to some but to others they wont like it at all. My dad hates it, says it's weird and boring.

It has a cult following, especially with the internet community. People who vote on those types of shows are likely to vote for Darko, but in the mainstream audience it wouldn't rate in the top 10, let alone top 50, as it is a peculiar movie and an aquired taste.

But yeah these polls are often swayed by internet groups with their own specific beliefs, and DD a top ten movie of all time is one of them. I liked it, not one of by favorites but I liked it for sure. As I said alot wont like it and that's fine, it's a movie that will appeal straight away to some but to others they wont like it at all. My dad hates it, says it's weird and boring.

Rubbish, it's a brilliant movie, when you say mainstream, you are referring to people who like American Pie for instance? :rolleyes:

Ok, just wondering peoples thoughts on this movie....?

Saw it for the first time and now I feel I need to see it again

For those of you that have seen it, what are your thoughts...?

I haven't read anything about it..

But I've formed my own theory..

Donnie actually WAS in bed when the Jet Engine fell on his bed, but his mind created all the stuff after that point in the instants before he died.

Including the girl he'd never met? All the people involved who wake up after the jet crash look as if they've learnt something, perhaps subconsciously. Frank even feels the eye in which would have been shot.

I thought it was very good. The basic gist as described by the writer is that the universe splits on the 2nd of October, with the film taking place in the tangent universe, and Donnie's purpose is to tie the universes back together again, by means of sending the jet engine back to the main universe.

One of the two things that Frank tells Donnie to do leads to Donnie killing Frank, who can then travel back in time to instruct Donnie. The other leads to Donnie's mother and younger sister getting on the plane with the jet engine. I'm not sure why they needed to be, but that's what happens.

Remove this Banner Ad

Donnie Darko

Remove this Banner Ad

Back