Don't boo Kingy

Remove this Banner Ad

Really? The guys did love King, I know that, but they all knew the score too. I think Scarlett said a couple of things to him though which may have been less than complimentary.

Yes I'm pretty sure that's what was mentioned. What did Scarlett say to King?

Also does anyone know what happened between Harvey and Bartel during the match that reportedly led to the Scarlett-Harvey heated exchange?

It's difficult to find a hard word on Harvey, but he did give Aker's package a wrench earlier in the year which was poor form (or was it last year, hard to differentiate between years). Scarlett to me is the opposite of the verbal type, he just does his business every week ... must have been a wash up from something else than happened during the game surely.

Unfortunately the vision definitely makes Scarlett look bad - even if nothing happened he's probably going to now have a rep like Dasher's terrible history as a thug :cool:

It's difficult to find a hard word on Harvey, but he did give Aker's package a wrench earlier in the year which was poor form (or was it last year, hard to differentiate between years). Scarlett to me is the opposite of the verbal type, he just does his business every week ... must have been a wash up from something else than happened during the game surely.

Unfortunately the vision definitely makes Scarlett look bad - even if nothing happened he's probably going to now have a rep like Dasher's terrible history as a thug :cool:

Id rather be a premiership winning thug then a nice guy who is a perennial loser... :D

Really? The guys did love King, I know that, but they all knew the score too. I think Scarlett said a couple of things to him though which may have been less than complimentary.

He said them to King ? :confused:
Odd considering they're best mates.They were out on the ground before the game having a yack for awhile.

Heard on MMM after the match that Mooney gave the finger to some Geelong supporter (and rightly so) for abusing King after the game.
HAHA! Classic.

Yes because joffa is our club president isn't he:rolleyes:

I do mix the two of them up a bit. ;)

Id rather be a premiership winning thug then a nice guy who is a perennial loser... :D

Perennial loser = dual brownlow medallist, out-and-out champion and one of the few true gentleman of the game?? :cool:

Suppose you booed your dumped, ex-Captain on the Weekend too?? :rolleyes:

At least your President has some class!

I was one of those at the round four game telling people to stop having a dig at him.

Yesterday I gave him a bit of a spray when he started pushing Junior around, but I'd do that to anyone.

Couldn't care less whether he was booed or not, but wouldn't waste my energy myself. Don't get me wrong, by all reports he's a terrific bloke and was much loved at the club and I think he can be proud of his contribution there, but I doubt he'd care about being booed given the state of the Saints season.

It happens with every high profile departure: Tigers folk still boo Brad Ottens, Pies boo Tarrant, Dogs boo Nathan Brown, and everyone booed Justin Murphy (including Essendon supporters, and that was while he was still at the club).

Article says nothing about Charlie.......

He'll be getting a cheer from me anyway

Easy for you, he doesn't play for you anymore! :p

Good form from you lot as a whole, didn't notice one bit of negativity towards those 2 lads. and fair enough, it's not like they left chasing $$ or whatever...

Some fans boo anyone who ever went through their club, don't know why.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn't care less whether he was booed or not, but wouldn't waste my energy myself. Don't get me wrong, by all reports he's a terrific bloke and was much loved at the club and I think he can be proud of his contribution there, but I doubt he'd care about being booed given the state of the Saints season.

It happens with every high profile departure: Tigers folk still boo Brad Ottens, Pies boo Tarrant, Dogs boo Nathan Brown, and everyone booed Justin Murphy (including Essendon supporters, and that was while he was still at the club).

The difference with those mentioned was they left because 1) they wanted to or 2) they were complete tossbags. King doesn't fall under either example.

I do mix the two of them up a bit. ;)

Perennial loser = dual brownlow medallist, out-and-out champion and one of the few true gentleman of the game?? :cool:

Suppose you booed your dumped, ex-Captain on the Weekend too?? :rolleyes:

At least your President has some class!

Not sure about "true gentleman" if these Bartel allegations are true, he really should only have 1 brownlow, and by perennial loser im referring to win loss ratio, to which i would be correct. Maybe you should read in context next time :cool:

And i didn't boo our ex-captain, i still hold him in high regard and he has been better this season then the last, but conversely i still believe he didn't deserve to take Blake's spot in the 07 Grand Final. But with the exception of Leigh C***bert i hold no ill towards anyone who graced the blue and white.

Maybe those who booed were thinking of King's comments earlier in the year where he said a premiership with St. Kilda would mean more than the one he was gifted last year.

Or maybe it was the fact that King was throwing his weight around when our little blokes were in the vicinity because he never did that during his time at Geelong when we lacked any physical presence or leadership.

Just a thought.

Maybe those who booed were thinking of King's comments earlier in the year where he said a premiership with St. Kilda would mean more than the one he was gifted last year.

Or maybe it was the fact that King was throwing his weight around when our little blokes were in the vicinity because he never did that during his time at Geelong when we lacked any physical presence or leadership.

Just a thought.

Couldn't disagree more. King was a great leader and player for the Cats, and Geelong players certainly wouldn't have expected him to go soft on them. Booing him was both ignorant and immature.

Easy for you, he doesn't play for you anymore! :p

Good form from you lot as a whole, didn't notice one bit of negativity towards those 2 lads. and fair enough, it's not like they left chasing $$ or whatever...

Some fans boo anyone who ever went through their club, don't know why.

2 lads :confused:
Was Charlie playing ? I must've blinked and missed him.

Couldn't disagree more. King was a great leader and player for the Cats, and Geelong players certainly wouldn't have expected him to go soft on them. Booing him was both ignorant and immature.

Very debatable whether he was a great leader. Admittedly he was forced to play far too often when injured and without backup and that led to the many soft tissue injuries he endured over the last five years of his Geelong career.

I think he was overrated but that is just my opinion. I didn't boo him on Sunday, I just enjoyed watching Blakey continuing to improve as a ruckman and further justifying the club's decision to trade King.

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't boo Kingy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back