Roast Don't come back, stay in Cairns

Remove this Banner Ad

Like the trip home from Sydney on the bus, maybe they should get the players to walk home from Cairns. Maybe they could raise some funds for TFTF since they haven't earn't their pay in the last month or so. Also hoping we won't have to watch another loss as the finals will be here before they get home.

Nahas out of anyone is one who really tried his guts out today. Bleed for the club I thought. Got badly matched up in the middle of the game but he never ever gave up. Proud of the lil guy.

A lot of our other players could definitely take a leaf out of his effort.

so frustrating! We say we are young and unexperienced and we watch as bottom dwellers from last year overtake us (Essendon, West Coast). Why is it never us!? Now we get beaten by Gold Coast! Over it.

Yeah thoroughly agree with this, if he can use the pre-season to develop even adequate left foot kicking he will be very dangerous.

Surely you are taking the pith. The bloke has been on an AFL list now for 2 years now. How is it possible he hasn't spent every spare second already learning how to kick and handball with his left side.

It is Embarrassing, using your opposite side is what the better u12 players are capable of.

I'd flog the bastards this week.
Beach 5am Every day.
2 Hours of just kicking drills Every day.
1 Hour lesson on how ******ed it is to handball to surronded stationary targets every day.
1 hour of full contact contested drills every day.
Botanical Gardens 2 laps every day
home at 8pm. Every day
Rest of the time can be spent watching tapes of our shit and of Collingwood games.

What really worries me and I know a lot in here can relate is that it's been so long and I think it was iddy who said it looks like another loop of rubbish all over again!,that if and when we do become a good side again I'll be that over it by then that I won't care enough to enjoy it.
I'm dead serious.

Beach 5am Every day.
1 Hour lesson on how ******ed it is to handball to surronded stationary targets every day.
home at 8pm. Every day
Rest of the time can be spent watching tapes of our shit and of Collingwood games.

What really worries me and I know a lot in here can relate is that it's been so long and I think it was iddy who said it looks like another loop of rubbish all over again!,that if and when we do become a good side again I'll be that over it by then that I won't care enough to enjoy it.
I'm dead serious.

I really think they should do this

if we delisted half our team the result would be the same.
not going to another match this year. just a pathetic peformance. The players are kidding themselves

my plan as well. I haven't got the slightest intention of watching that excuse for a team again this year. They've puched it too far. To be honest at the moment I really don't care if they win lose or draw now this season. Over and out for now. I don't care.

As I left the house to take a long walk in the rain yesterday it occurred to me that winning the flag next year would not be enough to erase all the shitness we've had to put up with over the past 30 years.

Shit, making the finals is like winning the premiership for us! A ****ing disgrace and I have had enough of it.

Beach 5am Every day.
home at 8pm. Every day

I'm dead serious.

God damn right. They need to hurt for serving up this crap for a month now. I could accept 2 games and 3 would be testing but 4 in a row? It is time to bring the pain and rain hellfire down upon them... Make them understand that it is not ok to lose and make sure they do not forget it.

What was the atmosphere like mate. Is Cairns interested in football or was it more a 'circus coming to town' atmosphere. I would have guessed alot of Suns fans travelled up there, but unless the natives turned up then it would defeat the purpose of playing there.

Really needed that win at Metricon stadium where last crowd was 16,000.

It was a great atmosphere, there are so many Victorian living up here, myself being one of them. Apart from the tiger fans everyone was supporting the suns, especially Gary Ablett and he was awesome to watch so close up.

Pretty much all club colours on display and a great day sitting on the grass in the sun with my family (parked directly out the front too).

Only complaint, no four and twenty pies, actually no pies at all WTF.

We have an AFL league up here and I have a feeling next years match will sell out very quickly, Cairns loves AFL and it will only get stronger.

Heading to Metricon for pies match this weekend so it will be interesting to check out the atmosphere there, especially the local support for the suns.

Good luck with the rest of the season

It was a great atmosphere, there are so many Victorian living up here, myself being one of them. Apart from the tiger fans everyone was supporting the suns, especially Gary Ablett and he was awesome to watch so close up.

Pretty much all club colours on display and a great day sitting on the grass in the sun with my family (parked directly out the front too).

We have an AFL league up here and I have a feeling next years match will sell out very quickly, Cairns loves AFL and it will only get stronger.

Heading to Metricon for pies match this weekend so it will be interesting to check out the atmosphere there, especially the local support for the suns.

Good luck with the rest of the season

Cheers for that mate. Should be a deathly silence from the local support like the first game against Carlton for that match unless the Collingwood army make it up there. Even they will be less than enthusiastic given what will be a very easy victory. Hope the locals all understand that there is a difference between playing Richmond and Collingwood.

I went to Carara when in the Gold Coast to see Brisbane Fitzroy match. Its a different feel when you watch AFL in a different part of Australia. Even went up to Carara and watched Brisbane train. You should of seen the denigrating way they spoke to Capper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely you are taking the pith. The bloke has been on an AFL list now for 2 years now. How is it possible he hasn't spent every spare second already learning how to kick and handball with his left side.

It is Embarrassing, using your opposite side is what the better u12 players are capable of.

This isnt the 80's or 90's, players arent allowed to practise as it might spoil their conditioning, same issue with dragging players if you did that it would truin rotations, but I wouldn't mind seeing the players to some really heavy work this week, hill climbs, boxing, something that will hurt a bit, we have the Cats this week so not much hope there then the bye, nows the time to punish them on the track.

What was going on with the alcohol sales? You had to buy tickets and then go and exchange them for mid strength beer and mid strength pre-mix. It was like 1980's Russia.

Surely the Cairns Council realised it was our home game and we needed full strength:rolleyes:!

Seriously, it was a good boutique stadium and the city hospitality was great. Just a pity about the result.

Haere Ra

What was going on with the alcohol sales? You had to buy tickets and then go and exchange them for mid strength beer and mid strength pre-mix. It was like 1980's Russia.

Surely the Cairns Council realised it was our home game and we needed full strength:rolleyes:!

Seriously, it was a good boutique stadium and the city hospitality was great. Just a pity about the result.

Haere Ra

Don't know what that was about, but when organising small functions (in UK). When you can't get a licence to sell alcohol, what you can do is have a "raffle". Buy a ticket and every ticket wins a prize of some beer. Apparently makes it all legit.

Seems a bit bizarre for a AFL ground though.

Cheers for that mate. Should be a deathly silence from the local support like the first game against Carlton for that match unless the Collingwood army make it up there. Even they will be less than enthusiastic given what will be a very easy victory. Hope the locals all understand that there is a difference between playing Richmond and Collingwood.

I went to Carara when in the Gold Coast to see Brisbane Fitzroy match. Its a different feel when you watch AFL in a different part of Australia. Even went up to Carara and watched Brisbane train. You should of seen the denigrating way they spoke to Capper.

Been to a Collingwood/Adelaide match in Adelaide any nothing will top that. I agree cant expect too much as far as atmosphere goes but I seriously hope that the pie fans attending show due respect to Josh Fraser.

Cairns is an amazing place to live, but I really miss the MCG

Been to a Collingwood/Adelaide match in Adelaide any nothing will top that. I agree cant expect too much as far as atmosphere goes but I seriously hope that the pie fans attending show due respect to Josh Fraser.

Cairns is an amazing place to live, but I really miss the MCG

Unless a player leaves you when you still want him, will just be the regulation boos.

That his time at Collingwood is over and he is playing for a team that is not threatening (To most teams :eek:) should just bring the jibes without too much malice behind it.

10,000 would be a good atmosphere at Cairns but with the type of stadium Metricon is, I would think that 16,000 which is what they get on average would be a bit dissapointing.

Unless a player leaves you when you still want him, will just be the regulation boos.

That his time at Collingwood is over and he is playing for a team that is not threatening (To most teams :eek:) should just bring the jibes without too much malice behind it.

10,000 would be a good atmosphere at Cairns but with the type of stadium Metricon is, I would think that 16,000 which is what they get on average would be a bit dissapointing.

What is the capacity, I believe the match has sold out.

His time was well and truly over, however I don't even want to hear the regulation boos, not deserved or warranted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Don't come back, stay in Cairns

Remove this Banner Ad

Back