Don't start singing Fevola's praises.

Remove this Banner Ad

I was screaming my nut off at him after having that 50M penalty was reversed, then revering him in time on in the final quarter.

In his defense though, that reversal rule is effing stupid. Given that the mark was taken, and Fev was dealt with after taking the mark, that is 2 decisions that the umpire has to rule on. When Fev gave Lake a push, the 50M penalty should have become null and void allowing Fev to kick on goal from 50M out for taking the mark.

How did you factor in the Lake push on Fev straight after the reversal? Fair Dinkum.

Fevola is a star. And is one of the best full fowards in the comp at the moment, trading Fevola would leave a massive hole in an already (arguably) mediocre foward line. If we are to trade any of our fowards it would need to be Fisher.

Bingo!! Imagine if the Cats had got rid of Mooney after the 2006 season when he got suspended 4 times (?). You don't trade players like that, you harness their talent. Thank goodness Cricket Australia didn't cut Shane Warne loose.

Bingo, why?

If football were only about full-forwards then the analogy might work.

Why bring Mooney into the equation? He is not as good as Fev and there is no way of knowing whether Geelong would still have been as strong if they had followed a different path in that regard.

It is not about acknowledging whether Fevola is champion or not it is about whether we would have a better chance of winning a premiership with his services or with the benefit of what we would get in exchange.

There are valid arguments in both camps but it is a bit rich to carry on like a pork chop every time the idea of trading him is raised.

We still have three or four sore spots on our list and I'm still worried we will hit a brick wall when the real-stuff finally comes around.

It is about time we tried to kill several birds with one stone and stopped the real improvements coming only in ones and twos.

Whether that comes from a big trade or some very brave recruiting, I don't know, but it is about time something gave.

Bingo, why?

If football were only about full-forwards then the analogy might work.

Why bring Mooney into the equation? He is not as good as Fev and there is no way of knowing whether Geelong would still have been as strong if they had followed a different path in that regard.

It is not about acknowledging whether Fevola is champion or not it is about whether we would have a better chance of winning a premiership with his services or with the benefit of what we would get in exchange.

There are valid arguments in both camps but it is a bit rich to carry on like a pork chop every time the idea of trading him is raised.

We still have three or four sore spots on our list and I'm still worried we will hit a brick wall when the real-stuff finally comes around.

It is about time we tried to kill several birds with one stone and stopped the real improvements coming only in ones and twos.

Whether that comes from a big trade or some very brave recruiting, I don't know, but it is about time something gave.

He kicked 67 goals last season & won AA honours. He gave the Cats a strong presence in the forward line & given the Eagles are the only team in recent history to win a premiership without a quality KP forward, I think the Cats were better off with him than without him. Much like we are better off with Fev than I think we would be without him.

Trading Fev for draft picks would most likely guarantee us another 3-4 years in the wrong half of the ladder. Trying to develop a gun forward from scratch takes time. I want to see us playing finals sooner rather than later & our best chance of doing so will be by hanging on to Fev.

How did you factor in the Lake push on Fev straight after the reversal? Fair Dinkum.
Lake "The Fake". Taking dives and faking injuries makes you look like a knob doesn't it?!

That fake injury against the Tigers in round 5 where he gave the kick on goal to Minson to tie the game was absolute BALLS.

The dive Lake took when Fev gave him a nudge running through to take his 50 tonight, was a dive that Loudy Wiggins would be proud of.

He has 0 credibility, my 8 year old cousin has taken bigger hits than that playing rugby and has kept his feet.

What exactly do you want Fevola to do? He is a full forward TerryWallet, he is meant to mark the ball and kick it through the big sticks. He did it when we needed him too and did his job beautifully.

I agree with the hard work done by everyone else as well, of course, but the Fevola man is full forward, it's his job to finish off the work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't start singing Fevola's praises.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back