Dont Worry about Judd

Remove this Banner Ad

We have worked so hard to get this team in a sensatinal position We will have a sensatinal Forward line in FF Dawes CHF Cloke FB Rusling HFF Reid FP Dick
We will have a very handy Backline in FB Brown CHB Anoathy HBF Maxwell Cox BP Goldsack Shaw
A Midfield that will be very good with a couple more Inclusions Clarke Pendlebury Cook Iles Thomas Stanley

Now the the only thing holding Collingwood back are having a couple more good Mids and a Very Good 1st Ruck after we get this fixed we will have a very Exciting team for the future we also are getting The new Irish kid and Scott Reid the Apprentiship kid so i think this is what we should do at draft week and trade week.

Trades
Jolly/Wood
Adcock/Prismall

Draft
(1) RUCK
(3) MID
(1) BACK

I have left out Didak and Leon out because there is speculation about there futures so if we could get a High 1st rounder for Didak lets say 5 use that on a Ruck or Mid and also a pick 14 thats 2 in the 1st round and we also could get a early 2nd round for davis if we can draft well the next 2 years and also pick up a couple of players to fix our needs anything could be possible with this team.

What do you all think about that ???????? do you think we should still go for Judd??????
Judd would be sensatinal but WC want way to much for him and losing Brown Rusling 1st rounder or even Didak would send us back 2 years in Drafting.

Screw Judd. We stand to lose too much. They want Pendlebury and Thomas.

Let him take up a 6th of Carlton total player payments while we have an even mix across the board.

Edit: I meant Carlton

I know we are contenders now but the next 2 years are going to be very important when it comes down to picking up players

Sure i agree,personally i want us to win the premiership this year and if we can get judd without selling off the farm great.But why put everything on the line a for one player,just not worth it.
Really guys what recruites do we need to become a super team,considering we keep most on the list.We need a good ball extractor in the mid field and a reasonable ruckman.What's wrong with smart recruitmenmt like going for a great up and comer who is say 19-20 like brent Prismall from geelong and say a Wood as a ruckman from brisbane.Both are young will fit in perfectly and most importantly we still keep our youth policy that will cost uis stuff all and the next few years are set for premiership GLORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY.

Yes we are contenders this year but we are going to have gapping midfield holes when Burns and O'Bree are gone and thats not to far away. That said i think those hole MAY be able to be filled by Prismal and Stanley if we went down that path. Judd however would take away a lot of the doubt and make the transition from old midfield to new midfield much easier.

Screw Judd. We stand to lose too much. They want Pendlebury and Thomas.

Let him take up a 6th of West Coast's total player payments while we have an even mix across the board.
That doesn't even make sense. He will be playing for a Melbourne based club next season. We would be absolute idiots to turn our backs on a deal for Judd. What if he wants to play for us? If we don't get him we don't get him but we would be stupid not to try.

At the risk of being bagged by all with calls of 'source', 'big noter' etc (i will not pass on a source) i think that the Pies will in fact need to worry about Judd as a club - whether the deal gets done is another thing.

Pies and Connors first touched base 3 months ago. Meeting with other clubs is a fall back as he does not want to go to Tigers. I am fairly sure from what someone has told me that Judd will have Pies as his first and only choice for the Eagles to deal with. This was 3 weeks ago - if it changes i will look like a fool but hey just letting you know where it stands as of 3 weeks ago.

Eagles also know so trying to change the lanscape by playing hardball and dismissing dealing with Pies unless Thomas and Pendles are involved.

Don't shoot the messenger just passing on info instead of making up trades.

That doesn't even make sense. He will be playing for a Melbourne based club next season. We would be absolute idiots to turn our backs on a deal for Judd. What if he wants to play for us? If we don't get him we don't get him but we would be stupid not to try.

Sorry I meant Carlton

Before I make my comments just wanted to say that I am not unbiased when it comes to making comments about Magpies - my entire family barracks for Collingwood as does my gf and her entire family, I despise the Pies.

However, part of the reason I despise them so much, is because I rate their ability as a TEAM so highly, your team doesn't have any one with unbelievable individual brillance (outside Pendles & Daisy) yet they are the best team in terms of playing for each other in the competition.

Coming from a Weagles supporters perspective if we got offered Pendles or Daisy I would take that and run quickly before the pies change their mind, but the Pies hierarchy would be stupid to do any trades involving these 3 players, Collingwood I hate to say this could create a dynasty with these guns and other young guns - like Moneybags Goldsack, Cloke etc.

Bottom line is Collingwood won't offer anything for Judd and we won't accept anything but a lot from the pies, bottom line is I think there is 0% chance him playing for you guys next year and the thing is I don't really think you need him.

Before I make my comments just wanted to say that I am not unbiased when it comes to making comments about Magpies - my entire family barracks for Collingwood as does my gf and her entire family, I despise the Pies.

However, part of the reason I despise them so much, is because I rate their ability as a TEAM so highly, your team doesn't have any one with unbelievable individual brillance (outside Pendles & Daisy) yet they are the best team in terms of playing for each other in the competition.

Coming from a Weagles supporters perspective if we got offered Pendles or Daisy I would take that and run quickly before the pies change their mind, but the Pies hierarchy would be stupid to do any trades involving these 3 players, Collingwood I hate to say this could create a dynasty with these guns and other young guns - like Moneybags Goldsack, Cloke etc.

Bottom line is Collingwood won't offer anything for Judd and we won't accept anything but a lot from the pies, bottom line is I think there is 0% chance him playing for you guys next year and the thing is I don't really think you need him.

Yes i agree. We don't really have the major superstars, we are just a team that plays good footy with what we have. Look at our kids coming through and look where we are atm. 1 win off a GF. Judd or no Judd i am very happy with the way our team is shaping up, and we will be a good side with or without him.

At the risk of being bagged by all with calls of 'source', 'big noter' etc (i will not pass on a source) i think that the Pies will in fact need to worry about Judd as a club - whether the deal gets done is another thing.

Pies and Connors first touched base 3 months ago. Meeting with other clubs is a fall back as he does not want to go to Tigers. I am fairly sure from what someone has told me that Judd will have Pies as his first and only choice for the Eagles to deal with. This was 3 weeks ago - if it changes i will look like a fool but hey just letting you know where it stands as of 3 weeks ago.

Eagles also know so trying to change the lanscape by playing hardball and dismissing dealing with Pies unless Thomas and Pendles are involved.

Don't shoot the messenger just passing on info instead of making up trades.

I think he may prefer to go to Collingwood in an ideal world. Hence also the new remark from his manager that Richmond is still high on their list so WCE don't try to play too hard ball with a club like us who won't want to offer much. But at the end of the day I think its more of a thing to get more of a price. As we are going to really struggle to give up what WCE wants but may be able to drive his value sky high if say Carlton think we are going to get him

As much as I feel disgusted uttering these words -

Why wouldn't Collingwood be your first choice if you were moving back to Melbourne, if I was in his position I would be the same:

> A team going places.
> Start of the art facilities
> Most marketable club in Victoria
> Have the most patriotic supported base (would be like playing for Man Utd)
> Play at the MCG - in big games ANZAC Day, Queens B'Day.

Its a bit of a no brainer.

( I feel sick after admitting that)

I would be perfectly happy giving up our first-rounder for Jed Adcock. Maybe a player for Brent Prismall or a second-rounder. Meesen or Wood would be super for us.

Judd would KO our list going forward, IMHO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he may prefer to go to Collingwood in an ideal world. Hence also the new remark from his manager that Richmond is still high on their list so WCE don't try to play too hard ball with a club like us who won't want to offer much. But at the end of the day I think its more of a thing to get more of a price. As we are going to really struggle to give up what WCE wants but may be able to drive his value sky high if say Carlton think we are going to get him
Good point, let the scum pay as high a price as possible and we can focus on a quality young ruckman and other better options.

I would be perfectly happy giving up our first-rounder for Jed Adcock. Maybe a player for Brent Prismall or a second-rounder. Meesen or Wood would be super for us.

Judd would KO our list going forward, IMHO.

If we are able to get away with this we would be laughing all the way to the bank. That said if we are able to manage 1 of Prismal/Adcock and 1 of Wood/Messen/Jolly (in order of prefernce) Then we would still be very happy

Remove this Banner Ad

Dont Worry about Judd

Remove this Banner Ad

Back