Double Team Good/Bad?

Remove this Banner Ad

Frederlick

Club Legend
Mar 10, 2007
Newport
AFL Club
Collingwood
The weekend gave us a glimpse of what having our own VFL team means, but the importance of it seems to have been lost on many. With 2 half strength teams, we played on both sides of the continent and despite the oppo not being top notch demonstrated the depth that will surely be developed from allowing a dedicated development strategy to be pursued in the VFL. How much improvement do we all think the VFL team will make for the AFL side now that we have actually seen it in action?

He wrote AFL twice in the last question, which made it make no sense whatsoever.

I think he's asking what improvement having the VFL side will give the AFL side.

It will give Mick more control over his developing players as he will have a say towards where they play and so on..
Even if our VFL side is not the best the development of many youngsters will be drastically sped up in preperation for the top level..
In previous years some of our young players spent time in the Willy 2's which cant have been great for their development in my opinion..

Damn, this thread certainly wasn't what I had hoped :(

Yeah it sucked me in too. Just like that TV show "Wife Swap", false advertising of the highest order.:D

Think What U Will But Is This The Captain

hi i cant open a new thread but i was watching the collingwood 200 team photo shoot and i noticed that rocca was on malthouses left and fraser on his right. If that is so doesnt that make rocca captain and fraser vice.

the link is

http://bigpondvideo.com/afl/43913

what do you guys think

Re: Think What U Will But Is This The Captain

I think it could be absolutely essential to the development of our midfield prospects, as Vinnie has pointed out in the past. With Stanley/Wellingham/Iles/McCarthy all getting to spend the majority of their time in the centre, rather than HBF/BP, they can hone their craft for when the opportunity arises in the senior side.

I think it will be great for the development of the younger players & the cohesion of the whole club.

The up & coming young blokes will play in the VFL firsts, rather than sometimes in the VFL seconds, and they'll be playing more & more in the positions that Mick will be hoping they can fill in the AFL.

All players will be training together more often, rather than some sessions with Collingwood & some with Williamstown.

Remove this Banner Ad

Double Team Good/Bad?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back