Status
Not open for further replies.

IDIG

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 3, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
With trade season on its way and alot of the popular cows mooing thought it would be an idea to start up a downgrade options thread.

For those who don't know, once a player plays 3 games their price increases so to maximise trade value, the idea is to get them in after 2 games ie. before their 3rd game and initial price increase which is generally their largest.

A few from this week, i'm taking stats from FF and B/E's from TS so if figures are off, blame them :p

Luke Thompson (Ade) - Back $103,600
Games: 2 (73, 78) - Ave: 75.5, B/E: -81
Byes: R2, R16

Pretty decent player but question marks over his JS with quite a few Crows players out. Would possibly make way for Stevens or Davis.

Jared Polec (BL) - Mid $168,600
Games: 2 (53, 81) - Ave: 67, B/E: Unsure (TS calculates the bye for some reason?)
Byes: R4, R19

Good JS you'd think but at $168k loses quite a bit of value. Would be a good long term option for cover and late culling.

Luke Russell (GC)
- Mid $110,200
Games: 2 (34, 61) - Ave: 47.5, B/E: -21
Byes: R1, R9

Started as a sub and still managed a 61 with a couple of important goals. 0.3 in his first game as well so more of a small forward it looks like.

Alistair Smith (Stk)
- Mid $110,200
Games: 2 (50, 35) - Ave: 42.5, B/E: Unsure
Byes: R4, R14

JS looks ok if the Saints board is anything to judge by. A little wasteful with disposal by the looks of it with a negative dt:sc.

Broc McCauley (BL)
- Ruck $91,700
Games: 2 (34, 88) - Ave: 61, B/E: Unsure
Byes: R4, R19

Could slide into a R4 position nicely at a bargain basement price of $91k. Looked pretty impressive Thursday considering it ended up being wet conditions and JS looks to be pretty decent as well.

Feel free to add to the list and if anyone can figure out the breakevens i've missed let us know and i'll edit my OP.

Re: Downgrade options thread

mids, rucks and defensive downgrades very strong. need to get rid of pos options like krakouer and richardson.

i have missed on petrie, fyfe, martin, adcock, curnow :mad:

needed to act fast toget them in but i see the boat is long past. krakouer and richardson being hopeless picks didn't help either.

thinking about moving sylvia to forwards and downgrading krakouer to get jack riewoldt who probably wont rise much at all.

hopefully vickery gets dropped after that awful performance for derickx, which is better than bringing mccauley who will be dropped when j.brown comes back soon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

some people do stupid trades and pay for it, i pick stupid players at the start and pay for it. last year my best score was in round 1, it looks like nothing is going to change this year either.

After their loss last night, NM will make a few changes this week, and if their thread is anything to go by, Cam Pedersen should get game number 2 this week and well worth watching.

Having said that, though, he may very well be screwing the coaches daughter, as that's the only conceivable reason I can find as to why he was dropped after his first game in round one (in which he scored 114 sc points) I know SC points don't dictate whether or not a player is dropped, but from memory he was close to B.O.G that day.

Yep was very impressive against Cox and Nicnat but the obvious issue with Pedersen is his JS. With Petrie, Goldstein, Hansen, Tarrant and even SDT they're just too tall so either one of them get dropped or he continues to sit in the stands.

The problem with cows is you need them playing 5-7 games for optimal increase and you just can't see Pedersen doing that.

McCauley would be a good fourth ruck option but I wouldn't rely on his job security. He was brought in to exploit match-ups for the Saints by moving Leuenberger down forward to have two very tall talls to match up on.

I'd expect he's earnt a third game, but I'm currently expecting him to be dropped when Brown comes back or possibly earlier depending on match-ups, e.g. we wouldn't play him against Geelong with a solid ruck in Ottens and a number of good tall defenders. Having said that, I've checked out our match-ups before Brown comes back and he may be a good bet to stay in the side until then.

After their loss last night, NM will make a few changes this week, and if their thread is anything to go by, Cam Pedersen should get game number 2 this week and well worth watching.

Having said that, though, he may very well be screwing the coaches daughter, as that's the only conceivable reason I can find as to why he was dropped after his first game in round one (in which he scored 114 sc points) I know SC points don't dictate whether or not a player is dropped, but from memory he was close to B.O.G that day.

Haha you'd hope not given the age of Brad Scott! The problem for Pedersen is even though he played well in a SC perspective, he never played as a defender which is where he'll get his next game playing. So it's not as simple as saying he should be playing just because he played well in a different position for 1 game, we don't know yet if he's AFL standard as a defender (although I'm sure some Kangas fans would know through watching VFL games).

there's no foward downgrades a the moment any suggetions

What chance of Jacobs of Port or Puopolo from Hawthorn? As a Norwood man I find it a bit strange that Poupolo isn't getting a gig while former team mate Duigan kicks on at Carlton.

I know that Jacobs has/had glandular fever so not a good look there I suppose. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know that Jacobs has/had glandular fever so not a good look there I suppose. :(

Played SANFL this week and apparently went pretty well, even if he's still not deemed debut-fit for next week, can't be too far away.

Played SANFL this week and apparently went pretty well, even if he's still not deemed debut-fit for next week, can't be too far away.

Wrong thread I know but I'm thinking of upgrading to your 'namesake' in a couple of weeks which is why I'm scoping out this thread. Will the silly bastard be able to stay on the field though?

Wrong thread I know but I'm thinking of upgrading to your 'namesake' in a couple of weeks which is why I'm scoping out this thread. Will the silly bastard be able to stay on the field though?

No idea. Played reserves this week and got through. You'd imagine he'd play next week, but might want to give it a game or two and see if the knee re-co has affected his booming kick.

Also worth noting - Drummond's problems were tradtionally missing games by soft-tissue injuries, not ACLs/knee problems. So that's worth keeping in mind. All in all, I'd say just watch and see.

Luke Thompson will be dropped despite his sc score, he was probably the worst player on the pitch. Otten will stay another week (his only error , cost the game) despite what crows fan say, so i advise SCers to wait till the teams are named.

Luke Thompson will be dropped despite his sc score, he was probably the worst player on the pitch. Otten will stay another week (his only error , cost the game) despite what crows fan say, so i advise SCers to wait till the teams are named.

Disagree. Adelaide desperately need to get games into his kids and Thompson was nowhere near as bad as you make out.

Disagree. Adelaide desperately need to get games into his kids and Thompson was nowhere near as bad as you make out.

i agree with you but n.craig is too rigid, with davis/schmidt coming back i would say it's more likely both otten and thompson will be dropped instead of one or the other.

JS job security and TS is tooserious. com which is a great site for calculating BE's etc

Breakevens :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back