Draft Comp - Guess our 1st four picks

Remove this Banner Ad

obviously needs determines the pathway and presuming Freo's priority probably be tall f/b then mid then tall f/b and then mid or other need. If Kirsten first pick then not need Paine but Frost probably a touch ahead of McInnes. If a mid is first pick then next three will be very different. Why Waldhuter at 20 well it could be 29 but both he and Darrou give Freo something they need now 2012/13 control of the footy in close, quick hands and both tackle hard and well and deliver the ball very well also outside or downfield....Darrou at 58 if available gives both back and midfield options a bit like when Mundy first began etc For what its worth....these fellas showed well against quality opposition in the u18's carnival also something many highlights of players are not always observed i suggest..

Thanks for the interest Gav

Fraser McInness
Jackson Paine
Murray Newman
Marley Williams

This both what I expect and what I want, happy days.

given that kevin sheehan is the most respected draft analyst in the game, and he doesnt even have mcinnes in his top 30, why would we pick him up at 16? i havent seen him play, but there must be something everyone here sees in him that sheehan doesnt. what is it?

given that kevin sheehan is the most respected draft analyst in the game, and he doesnt even have mcinnes in his top 30, why would we pick him up at 16? i havent seen him play, but there must be something everyone here sees in him that sheehan doesnt. what is it?

Fair call. I can't profess to having seen him play either, I simply made my selection of him based on the PD thread reviews, his potential as a KPP and his rough draft range. Also threw into the mix the fact that I think Kersten will go before our first pick.

Also, I don't really put much stock in Sheahan's opinion so that was not a consideration.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I must say I'd be pretty dissappointed if we took Bootsma with our first 3 picks. Looking at his profile, he's tall, skinny, plays like a half back flanker with decent pace, ok skills. Not really what we need at all, considering the only decent young tall we have is Silvagni.

Especially when there's a good chance that we could have a choice of one of Boseley (who we are apparently keen on), Talia, Frost, McInnes, Schade at that pick, who are at least a chance of holding down centre-half back for us. If we're going for undersized defender I'd much rather we look at Jordan Lockyer who at least looks like he could develop into a versatile KPP (although he will probably go to WC if we don't take him with picks 16/20) rather than another flanker.

Anyway, I should probably do my little draft predictor of what i'd like/think will happen;

16: Kavanagh
20: Kersten
29: Boseley
58: Tunbridge
PSD: Dawson

Boseley + Dawson gives us some reasonable young KPB depth (with Silvagni + Faulks), we don't have and young key forwards (maybe Anthony?) so Kersten + Tunbridge gives us depth in that area, and Kavanagh is another jet to add to our midfield.

I must say I'd be pretty dissappointed if we took Bootsma with our first 3 picks. Looking at his profile, he's tall, skinny, plays like a half back flanker with decent pace, ok skills. Not really what we need at all, considering the only decent young tall we have is Silvagni.

Especially when there's a good chance that we could have a choice of one of Boseley (who we are apparently keen on), Talia, Frost, McInnes, Schade at that pick, who are at least a chance of holding down centre-half back for us. If we're going for undersized defender I'd much rather we look at Jordan Lockyer who at least looks like he could develop into a versatile KPP (although he will probably go to WC if we don't take him with picks 16/20) rather than another flanker.

Anyway, I should probably do my little draft predictor of what i'd like/think will happen;

16: Kavanagh
20: Kersten
29: Boseley
58: Tunbridge
PSD: Dawson

Boseley + Dawson gives us some reasonable young KPB depth (with Silvagni + Faulks), we don't have and young key forwards (maybe Anthony?) so Kersten + Tunbridge gives us depth in that area, and Kavanagh is another jet to add to our midfield.

Second that. played against young bootsma in the albany league earlier in the year before he moved up to south freo. Didn't impress me at all. He has decent height but he has average pace, his skills were quite sloppy, he would get snapped in half playing wafl while he developed, he wont ever win contested footy and he is possibly the ugliest kid to walk the planet.
Admittedly, i didnt see any of his footy in the wafl colts but the league in albany is quite weak and he was not dominate at all. I would be shocked if he got drafted to any club and extremely pissed off if he was at freo next year!

Chris what do you think/know of Bootsma?

I don't know too much about him, but doesn't really seem like a type we need greatly? Surely we could snap him up with a later pick?

ma boots ma made for walkin and thats just what they'll do one of these days ma bootsma gonna walk all over you dum dumm dum dum dum dum dum dum :D:thumbsu:

I'd like to see it go this way ...

Kavanagh
Lockyer
Nelson
Tunbridge
Horsley

Kavanagh will drop, not sure he will drop this much but I think we are an outside shot ...just could not see us passing on him if he is there.

If we go this way we have strengthened our midfield stocks, plus in Tunbridge and Lockyer you have a couple of reasonably biggish young-uns who could grow into key roles forward or back.

Pre-injury Kavanagh would of been a top 10 monty, plus I rate Tunbridge as top 25 ....I'd be pretty darn happy to pick up this talent.

You would also expect Horsley and Lockyer to push for senior selection - so we get a small top up on depth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft Comp - Guess our 1st four picks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back