Did we choose right?

• Yes

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi All, for those that frequent the D&T board, they’ll see I seem to have an unusual obsession with Fiorini, even before Collingwood was linked.

I need someone with more knowledge to knock it out of me or feed it. Is this kid an inside midfielder type who’ll help feed the runners?

I’m thinking that a side with Miller, Rowell and Anderson, he just hasn’t had the opportunities to fulfil his potential, or maybe that’s a cop out and that potential is non existent.

But then I think to myself, the Suns have paid him decent coin, so he must be a good, AFL quality player.

What are your thoughts on him? What are Collingwood potentially getting?
Slow inside mid that is elite at that part of the game, and average to below-average anywhere else. Unbelievable in-tight, but struggles on the spread. So yeah, feeds the runners.

You wouldn't have him and Tom Mitchell in the same side. They're essentially the same player in that regard.

Slow inside mid that is elite at that part of the game, and average to below-average anywhere else. Unbelievable in-tight, but struggles on the spread. So yeah, feeds the runners.

You wouldn't have him and Tom Mitchell in the same side. They're essentially the same player in that regard.
Someone like him would compliment the Crisps/Daicos/JDGs of our midfield by the sounds of it.

I’ve leaned towards Fiorini over Mitchell purely because of the age gap, and him offering more long term.

Do you see him being selected for seniors at Collingwood in R1 2023? I’m assuming the only thing keeping him out of the Suns line up is the gun mids you guys had firing on all cylinders this year.

Someone like him would compliment the Crisps/Daicos/JDGs of our midfield by the sounds of it.

I’ve leaned towards Fiorini over Mitchell purely because of the age gap, and him offering more long term.

Do you see him being selected for seniors at Collingwood in R1 2023? I’m assuming the only thing keeping him out of the Suns line up is the gun mids you guys had firing on all cylinders this year.
Given Collingwood's game style with how they power out of the stoppage and cover so much territory so fast, I've always found their interest in guys like Fiorini & Mitchell weird. Those guys, to me as an outsider, are the antithesis of how they function. I'd have Crisp, DeGoey, Lipinski and the Daicos boys all in there ahead of Fiorini. If you've got a fit midfield, I'd be surprised to see him playing much at all.

But hey, I'm not the Coach. Maybe Fly is gonna bring about some changes.

Given Collingwood's game style with how they power out of the stoppage and cover so much territory so fast, I've always found their interest in guys like Fiorini & Mitchell weird. Those guys, to me as an outsider, are the antithesis of how they function. I'd have Crisp, DeGoey, Lipinski and the Daicos boys all in there ahead of Fiorini. If you've got a fit midfield, I'd be surprised to see him playing much at all.

But hey, I'm not the Coach. Maybe Fly is gonna bring about some changes.
Without going too off topic here, our clear weakness last year was contested possession and clearances. We did well with the slingshot footy, but relied on our defence to provide that.

I think Fly’s logic is it’s easier/better to get first hands on the footy from stoppage/clearances through guys like Fiorini/Mitchell, and let them feed the runners.

As I said initially, I don’t know what my fascination is with this guy, but feel he would be a valuable addition anywhere he goes.

Without going too off topic here, our clear weakness last year was contested possession and clearances. We did well with the slingshot footy, but relied on our defence to provide that.

I think Fly’s logic is it’s easier/better to get first hands on the footy from stoppage/clearances through guys like Fiorini/Mitchell, and let them feed the runners.

As I said initially, I don’t know what my fascination is with this guy, but feel he would be a valuable addition anywhere he goes.
What's the go with Taylor Adams......I thought he would be your inside bull...

What's the go with Taylor Adams......I thought he would be your inside bull...
Has had groin issues his whole career - I read somewhere he had to retrain walking/running patterns because of it. This time, he has torn the groin muscle off the bone, and it’s bloody seriously, so there’s no knowing how/if he comes back from it as it’s a fairly serious injury.

The other factor is that he has turned 29, so we need to replace him, thus the long term option being Fiorini to challenge Macrae and Carmichael for that inside mid position, and I think the Pies see Mitchell as the immediate solution to our clearance/contested possession problems.

Would love to nab both, but I’m leaning towards Fiorini for some reason - I reckon he’d be a gun midfielder for Collingwood if we’re fortunate enough to land him.

Back