Did we choose right?

• Yes

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I like the fact we're getting a pure running type. It'll let us play around with our team structure more. I am still on the fence whether the bloke will make it or not, but to be perfectly honest any player in the draft is a punt - even high draft picks can fail despite showing greatness in the draft combine, and then you have unexpectedly great players coming from late in the draft.
Having a stronger running side allows us to get more numbers around the ball particularly at stoppages / ball-ups. You could see how much better we were in this area when Gaz and Spitta played against North, two of our better runners. With Jaeger, Dion, Gaz and Spitta all back next year, all amongst our stronger runners, we are going to be a markedly better side if we can keep them on the park. Add in the boost in running power from our new recruits and the removal of the sub and we could surprise a lot of opponents next year. There's a lot of posters in a thread on the main board who expect us to finish bottom 4 or even be a dark horse for the spoon. If Cordy can get and keep our boys fit I'm really looking forward to us disappointing them.

Despite being quite a lazy comparison, the comparison to Hartung is actually quite apt in my opinion. I think Hartung is a little more natural in his play though. Then again, Schoey is 10cm taller so may be the better prospect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So are we thinking a Brad Hill type of player then? Is his raw pace as good as his endurance?

Pretty much. If he was an indigenous kid from Peel like Bennell or Wells then you would all be doing cartwheels.
But he's not. He's a pale skinned red head from Peel who can move like a Bennell..a gliding stride that produces these raking kicks that are dropped nice and low.

He's already got the elite work ethic and 'natural fitness' ..good genes have giving him powerful lungs.

Put him in an AFL environment with a controlled weights program and everything else that's available and watch this kid go.

Might not play a league match next year but you never know how fast skinny kids develop and adapt quickly to the pace of league footy.

Picks 20 to 40 are all a lottery at the end of the day really. Clubs use these picks according to what the need. Gazza won't be around in the midfield in a few years.

Gotta plan ahead.

Consistent running into space is something we are missing.
Too many times the defenders switch the ball and there are no options on the open side.

But you usually have to go and go and go again before the opportunity is there.
For mine we have been lacking wingers that will run hard enough for long enough.

Sexton was coming along but the injury bug hit again. Rosa will run for as long as he can.
But there is definitely room for a hard gut runner that is still doing work in the 4th quarter.
A few of the old hands like Shaw and Russell better get super fit if they are going to compete for a spot.

Consistent running into space is something we are missing.
Too many times the defenders switch the ball and there are no options on the open side.

But you usually have to go and go and go again before the opportunity is there.
For mine we have been lacking wingers that will run hard enough for long enough.

Sexton was coming along but the injury bug hit again. Rosa will run for as long as he can.
But there is definitely room for a hard gut runner that is still doing work in the 4th quarter.
A few of the old hands like Shaw and Russell better get super fit if they are going to compete for a spot.

You forgot McKenzie - he is well known for his big tank (looked like he was filling his tank up a fair bit over the off season).

Back