Draft Pick 71: Cameron Sutcliffe

Remove this Banner Ad

Love reading back on this stuff. Yakka Man calling it a "stupid pick"
View attachment 80071

I went back through the thread a while ago and was tempted to edit or delete my post. I do stand by the fact that it is annoying that we often overlook the local or highly regarded players who are available at our picks. Like Darling the year before. Would still of preferred Brad Hill. The annoying thing is we could've had both.

Love Sutty though. I was wrong there.

Last edited:
I went back through the thread a while ago and was tempted to edit or delete my post. I do stand by the fact that it is annoying that we often overlook the local or highly regarded players who are available at our picks. Like Darling the year before. Would still of preferred Brad Hill. The annoying thing is we could've had both.

Love Sutty though. I was wrong there.
Hindsight can be both a great and terrible thing mate, could have taken Weedon or Bastinac at pick 20 in 2009, or we could have taken Aaron Cornelius in 08 before Walters. We've had some shockers but we've also had some steals and Sutty was an absolute steal!

Hindsight can be both a great and terrible thing mate, could have taken Weedon or Bastinac at pick 20 in 2009, or we could have taken Aaron Cornelius in 08 before Walters. We've had some shockers but we've also had some steals and Sutty was an absolute steal!

Neale was no slouch at 58 either. I just wish we had the same strike rate with our early draft picks as we do with our late picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back