Drafting - 2nd best?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry, am I missing something here? Nigel Lappin 'clearly' better than Darren Gaspar?
Both were all-australians, both won B&Fs, both had crappy last couple of years primarily due to injuries - but one did it from full-back in a shit team and one did it as number 4 or 5 mid-fielder.

Look, I know Lappin is a really nice guy and does great things for the asthma foundation and won 3 premierships (all on his own, apparently), while Gaspar was a disloyal money-grabbing leech (fill in your own level of abuse).

Knowing how they turned out as players, I reckon most clubs would have chosen Gaspar.

Oh, and overall No 1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> No 2.

nigel lappin is massively, wildly overrated by much of the football community.

pretty much a glorified chad fletcher. would hardly rate mention if he didn't play alongside voss, aka & black.

If your ratings are any indication of your fortune telling ability then I know we got it right.

Watts is easily the best talent in the draft. And a year younger than many.:thumbsu:

I have no doubt that Watts will be a very good player, but Naitanui will be an absolute superstar. But, you can keep your head in the sand all you want.

Remove this Banner Ad

Drafting - 2nd best?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back