Dragacevic

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 24, 2004
Guantanomo Bay
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Correct me if i am wrong..... am i correct in believing that Marc Dragacevic is rookie listed at punt rd. this year ? If so........... would it be ridiculous to suggest that with us having a number of players injured for the rest of the year and throw in a couple of retirements as well as a few who are just never going to get a game again ......... What about elevating this bloke from the rookie list for the last half a dozen games and giving him a crack . I reckon he has earn`t it . BOG the last two weeks and has been fantastic all year . Maybe it is too late in the year to do it ???

If not, is there any chance he might be given a go next year ? Great bloke and great clubman by all reports , crucified by injury......... it would be a great story

Was thinking the same thing earlier today that it would be worth promoting him for the last six rounds and put Hilton on the long-term injury list.
Has probably been the most consistent of the Richmond listed Coburg players.
Play him in the middle for the majority of the remaining games and see if his VFL form can be translated to the quicker pace at AFL level.

Originally posted by IDGAF
Well knock me down down and call me Nostradamus .... I s..t you not i didn`t know that.

Hello Nostradamus!

This is really good news. I am so pleased for him. Give him a couple of games back in the seniors and let him show shove it up 'em.

Originally posted by IDGAF
Correct me if i am wrong..... am i correct in believing that Marc Dragacevic is rookie listed at punt rd. this year ? If so........... would it be ridiculous to suggest that with us having a number of players injured for the rest of the year and throw in a couple of retirements as well as a few who are just never going to get a game again ......... What about elevating this bloke from the rookie list for the last half a dozen games and giving him a crack . I reckon he has earn`t it . BOG the last two weeks and has been fantastic all year . Maybe it is too late in the year to do it ???

Couldn't agree more, I admire the young fella coming back from 2 knee recos , struck from the list and all season has knuckled down to be amongst the top few players week in week out...always with 20 + disposals.....How anyone can justify denying dragga a game whilst playing a USELESS pi-ssant like BLUMFIELD is reprehensible

Give dragga ago for the remainer of the year and see whether he he has what it takes...Blumfield has already answered that

Peejay is correct. The article says he is deserving of an elevation and that it is likely to happen this week.

Great news for Dragga if it happens. God knows he deserves a break after what he has been through.

Hope he plays a couple of blinders.

My heart goes out to this kid.

His last chance of resurrecting his career, if he gets promoted from the rookie list, is if he plays well in the remaining 6 games of the season. How the fk is he supposed to show something in a team that is playing as badly as this? Is he supposed to carry the rest of the team?

Yet again we've stacked the deck against a kid who deserves a go, has done everything he can at Coburg this year to prove he is over his knee problems and worth percevering with, and his one shot is to play well in the worst senior side I have seen for 10 years.

And to make it even more difficult for him, I bet Spud does the same to him as Pettifer. Play him on and off the bench for 5 minutes of game time.

This kid should serve as an example to some of the hacks on our list. His perseverance, guts, determination, and will to succeed should be an inspiration. He was knocked out for the count but got right back up again, worked his a$$ off to be on the verge of senior selection again.

i just hope the club doesn't get his hopes up just because of a few injuries and then cull him again at the end of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by itsintheblood

i just hope the club doesn't get his hopes up just because of a few injuries and then cull him again at the end of the year.
Up to the new coach I guess.Good luck to the fellow,I was critical of him being re-rookied but he's been head down and arse up all year to earn his promotion.

His ball getting ability can't be questioned only his speed perhaps.4 or 5 games is enough chance to see if he's up the pace of Afl IMO.

Danny has actually been giving the young blokes good game time recently,lets hope he extends this to Draga.

It's good that Dragicevic is getting rewarded for his hard work, but Coach is right. He's not up to it.

Even if he makes it onto the list and gets re-drafted next year, (a possibility given we have at least 15 blokes on the list who aren't up to it) he will be gone the year after.

Originally posted by JohnF
we have at least 15 blokes on the list who aren't up to it) he will be gone the year after.

The difference is that Dragga can actually play. The knees have held him back though.

For anyone who's interested I've compiled some data from the RFC and VFL websites to give an overview of Dragga's season so far......slow day. Hope he gets the nod as he's performed a helluva lot better than some blokes on our senior list.

Preseason Training
Noel Duncan (RFC Fitness Coach): 'Dragga' had a bit of a setback when he was delisted, but he's come back (on to the rookie list) and worked very hard in an effort to regain his place on the list. He's been a quiet achiever in the way that he's gone about it. Has put on some more weight, which has been the focus for most of the guys throughout the pre-season. Marc's speed-endurance is something that he's been working on and, fortunately, he's been injury-free.

Round 1 Vs Sandringham
11 kicks, 12 handballs, 1 mark

Round 2 Vs Springvale (named in best)
12 kicks, 10 handballs, 6 marks, 1 goal
David Flood: Marc Dragicevic has been most consistent, winning a lot of ball and using it well. His ability to run with the ball through the corridor shows that his levels of confidence are increasing.

Round 3 Vs Williamstown
8 kicks, 9 handballs, 0 marks, 1 goal
David Flood: Did a lot of ‘grunt’ work throughout the game. Also showed good leadership skills in organising players at the stoppages (particularly important in the absence of injured pair Simon Fletcher and Adam Houlihan). Kept surging the ball forward when kicking into the wind in the last quarter, and kicked the match-sealing goal. Another impressive performance from ‘Dragga’.

Round 4 Vs Box Hill (named in best)
14 kicks, 12 handballs, 6 marks, 1 goal
David Flood: Is getting better each week. Worked hard through the midfield, but looked dangerous across half-forward. Continues to show admirable leadership qualities. The challenge now for him is to maintain his fine form as opposition sides start to try and negate his influence.

Round 5 Vs Northern Bullants (named in best)
16 kicks, 14 handballs, 2 marks, 1 goal
David Flood: Continued his excellent form. Had 30 touches against quality midfielders. Good to see him bursting hard from stoppages . . . One particular piece of play where he won the ball deep in defence, and then linked up on the wing, was sensational. Is also winning the ball in-close extremely well, making him a really dangerous player. His fitness is improving each week and his performance is lifting at the same rate.

Round 6 - Bye

Round 7 Vs Werribee (named in best)
12 kicks, 11 handballs, 2 marks, 1 goal)
David Flood says: Got better as the game wore on. Was involved in four of our five final-term goals and finished full of running after appearing to find it hard to pick up the tempo early on.

Round 8 Vs Bendigo
15 kicks, 4 handballs, 4 marks
David Flood says: Not quite back to his best form, but is playing consistent football. Used pace a couple of times to break clear and this week, on our home ground, I would like to see him open up a little more. If he could kick 1-2 goals when playing forward, it would really add to his game.

Round 9 Vs Geelong (named in best)
17 kicks, 7 handballs, 3 marks, 1 goal
David Flood says: Another fine performance. Kicked the ball more and sprinted hard from congested areas, which was good to see. Workrate was excellent all day. Certainly deserving of his selection in the VFL State squad for the upcoming match against the WAFL.

Round 10 - Bye

Round 11 Vs Frankston (named in best)
15 kicks, 9 handballs, 3 marks
David Flood says: Worked his way into the match really well. Was still running hard in the last minute of play and trying to be decisive when the result was in the balance, which was a pleasing sign. Also good to see him starting to have some shots at goal.

Round 12 Vs North Ballarat
7 kicks, 3 handballs, 2 marks
David Flood says: Recent breaks seem to have stifled his form somewhat. Battled hard throughout, but needed the game under his belt. With eight rounds, plus, hopefully, finals to come, he should be able to find rhythm and best form consistently.

Round 13 Vs Port Melbourne
10 kicks, 7 handballs, 4 marks
David Flood says: Was okay early, but doesn’t seem to be moving as well as before the State game bye weekend when he was running on top of the ground. This is possibly due to the fact that he’s played all his football this year, including practice matches, in the midfield and is now going through a flat spot. Defensive part of his game needs to improve, especially when zoning, and also when at stoppages in our back 50.

Round 14 Vs Box Hill (named in best)
16 kicks, 3 handballs, 2 marks, 2 goals
David Flood says: Top game. Set the scene early and kept running hard all day. Fantastic to see him finish off his fine work around the ground with two goals. Hard-ball wins and quick hands were a feature of his play, particularly at the stoppages and in our defensive 50.

Round 15 Vs Springvale (named BOG)
3 goals
Flood report yet to come thru.

Originally posted by JohnF
He's not up to it.

How can you say he's not up to it? Coach at least can claim he's in the west and hasnt got to any Coburg games.

If not for 2 knee recos, he would have established himself in the seniors and given us much more than players like Rodan.

I've watched him at least 4 times this year and he's been one of the genuine stars at Coburg. If we're not going to promote the best player over an entire season from Coburg, what's the point of being affiliated with them?

The kid deserves the chance to prove a lot of ppl wrong.

I agree 1980.I've seen him in a couple of Coburg games too and he was good.In and under guys are what we need.Looks like he's been averaging about 17 -18 touches/game all season.If he can go anywhere close to that in the seniors he''ll be better than guys like Rodan straight off. Deserves a chance for sure.

Originally posted by evo
I agree 1980.I've seen him in a couple of Coburg games too and he was good.In and under guys are what we need.Looks like he's been averaging about 17 -18 touches/game all season.If he can go anywhere close to that in the seniors he''ll be better than guys like Rodan straight off. Deserves a chance for sure.

I'd put him miles ahead of the likes of fletcher, nichols, marsh, rodan....

Originally posted by itsintheblood
I'd put him miles ahead of the likes of fletcher, nichols, marsh, rodan....
If those blokes have been getting games this year the Draga should be promoted and given some senior games.
I doubt he will make it at senior level but his consistently good Coburg form should be rewarded with senior game time before the likes of Fletcher and Houlihan.

It`s ridiculous to say that he won`t make it , due to shocking run of injuries we never found whether he was up to it or not and by all reports he was very talented and highly rated before he was cut down .

The way he has picked himself up this year after being delisted is an absolute credit to the bloke and i personally wish him all the best . If a good chunk of our senior list showed the intestinal fortitude that he has then we would be a lot better off than what we are now.

One of the few good stories to come out of punt rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dragacevic

Remove this Banner Ad

Back