Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 20, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Utah Jazz, Vikings
Hi Guys,
Long time no post but with the GF on Saturday, I thought I would share a thing I do. For those lucky enough/blessed to get Grand Final tickets, the cost can be large! Could you afford to go again next week if there is a draw? What if you could insure yourself against the huge cost for a fraction of the cost?

Well you can! There are organisations that offer "Draw Insurance". The organisation I went to gave me a $34 of value to $1 of cost for insurance! I took it up for $35 to pay for tickets next week at the cost of about $1200.

What are these organisations? Betting Companies! If you are like me and would hate to pay big money next week for tickets to the game but would also hate to miss out, perhaps having a bet on the draw to cover the cost of those tickets even if that money was wasted if there is no draw. $35 isn't a lot for the insurance value it gives. Heck, what do tickettek charge for there insurance on tickets?

Just an idea. Good look to all.

Molly

A lot of the corporate market would drop away for the replay wouldn't it? Was anyone at the last one to comment on atmosphere - I'd have thought more fans less corporate = better vibe, at least until StK failed to make much of a contest.

Done it every year so im down on the whole

My $10 got matched with no upper limit. Almost barraking for the draw !i get AFL silver membership with the change

Sportsbet. Youd be up for nearly five grand for your $35 molly

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi Guys,
Long time no post but with the GF on Saturday, I thought I would share a thing I do. For those lucky enough/blessed to get Grand Final tickets, the cost can be large! Could you afford to go again next week if there is a draw? What if you could insure yourself against the huge cost for a fraction of the cost?

Well you can! There are organisations that offer "Draw Insurance". The organisation I went to gave me a $34 of value to $1 of cost for insurance! I took it up for $35 to pay for tickets next week at the cost of about $1200.

What are these organisations? Betting Companies! If you are like me and would hate to pay big money next week for tickets to the game but would also hate to miss out, perhaps having a bet on the draw to cover the cost of those tickets even if that money was wasted if there is no draw. $35 isn't a lot for the insurance value it gives. Heck, what do tickettek charge for there insurance on tickets?

Just an idea. Good look to all.

Molly
Saw your tweet on fox grand final parade

There is a draw every 96.006 games. Those odds seem a rip off.
Your probably right but what it comes down to for me is I'm happy to risk the $35 to ensure I can afford to go to a replay grand final! It's a small price to pay!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Draw Insurance - Just an idea I use

Remove this Banner Ad

Back