Dream Band Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Vandal said:
Ska is like a sub genre of punk. Add to your standard drum, bass and electric guitar a trumpet, trombone etc. Ska music is generally pretty quick. Most bands have like 7+ members. The best example i can think of that people would know is that song by the mighty mighty bosstones - knock on wood.

Please!

Ska preceeded Reggae in the 60's (Reggae being a more laid back version).
2nd Wave in the late 70's with the Specials, the Selecter, Madness etc. mixed the Jamaican vibe with a Punk/new Wave edge. The Clash also dabbled in it.
3rd wave raised its head in the mid 80's with bands like No Doubt, Fishbone and MMB making it more popular.

Sorry, got a bit wound up...

My dream band lineup:

Vocals: Mike Patton
GUitar: Eddie Van Halen (Fair Warning era)
Bass: Norwood Fisher (Fishbone) or Muzz Skillings (can't decide)
Drums: Matt Cameron

Vocals: Jello Biafra (Dead Kennedys/Solo)
Back Up Vocals: Greg Graffin (Bad Religion)
Guitar: Chris Cheney (The Living End)
Guitar: Josh Homme (Queens of the Stone Age/KYUSS)
Bass: Matt Freeman (Rancid)
Drums: Brooks Wackerman (Suicidal Tendancies/Vandals/Bad Religion)

Now this would be an interesting punk band.
Wouldn't know how Josh and Chris would gel well. And Gregs backups would be Bad religion trademark harmonies (or oooohs and aaaahs) matched up with Jellos unique voice would be interesting.

Jabba said:
Please!

Ska preceeded Reggae in the 60's (Reggae being a more laid back version).
2nd Wave in the late 70's with the Specials, the Selecter, Madness etc. mixed the Jamaican vibe with a Punk/new Wave edge. The Clash also dabbled in it.
3rd wave raised its head in the mid 80's with bands like No Doubt, Fishbone and MMB making it more popular.

Sorry, got a bit wound up...

The Clash ruled with their reggae sorta songs. However the majority of ska these days is trumpet ska and has very little reggae sounds in it.

jabso said:
Bass: Matt Freeman

I have him in my band as well. Heres hoping he can beat his illness

Vandal said:
The Clash ruled with their reggae sorta songs. However the majority of ska these days is trumpet ska and has very little reggae sounds in it.

Its hard to classify these days as all music styles are so b@st@rdised.

I tend to classify a band as "ska" if the guitar generally follows the reggae off-beat feel - but at a faster pace. The horns also helps but are not essential.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dream Band Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back