Dream Team cheats

Remove this Banner Ad

I moved up to number 1 of the Lions fans in the country last week so was looking at other teams to see what my chances were of staying there(**** you Dane Swan).

The second and third highest ranked Lions fans in the country have suspiciously similar sides including having many of the same players who are not selected in many teams.

http://supercoach.adelaidenow.com.au/?p=other_teams&tid=278961&lid=1

and

http://supercoach.adelaidenow.com.au/?p=other_teams&tid=280221&lid=1

Anyone else smell a rat here?

I count 23/30 players the same, so not many differences at all. Definitely looks suspicious to me, what with the exact same ruck lineups.

I'm happy that this guy with his 18 teams - or whatever - didn't manage to take out any of the major prizes. But still, NOTHING was done about it. It seems that VS' policy is that you can make as many teams as you like, just do it in your friends' and relatives' names and all will be good. :thumbsu: TIME TO CHECK MY FACEBOOK FRIENDS AND READY A LIST FOR 2013. 100+ TEAMS HERE I COME.

[/joke. I don't intend to do this. Please don't dob me into VS thinking this is a real plan]

Seems to me to be a whole lot of time and effort to win a measly $1000? Such fellows may be best served pooling these resources toward something a little more worthwhile, like getting a girlfriend perhaps.

Seems to me to be a whole lot of time and effort to win a measly $1000? Such fellows may be best served pooling these resources toward something a little more worthwhile, like getting a girlfriend perhaps.

For $1000 a nerd could buy himself a 'girlfriend' for a whole week...just sayin'

He's currently ranked 6th, 7th, 13th, 18th, 20th, 40th in the $5000 Sportsbet DT competition, has won at least 2 weekly prizes ($100), is a certainty to win the leading league prize ($1000).
Bit of a late reply but you think out of the lot the Sportsbet DT comp would be the hardest to have multiple teams since you have to create an account and verify it I would have thought to enter it/collect any winnings.

eivbcy.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will pay that.

Travis Cloke was such a DT inspiration last year that I could not resist.

I traded him in for a few shit scores then benched him in Rd 23 when he pumped out a season high 147. Twavis = Master Troll

Sorry for bringing this up but with all you people complaining about it, did anyone actually bother to officially report him?

Yes - to VS and SportsBet. I only got a response from SB. I don't usually dob on people, but a guy who makes 18 teams is just asking for it.

Cant believe they have rules and dont enforce them, it wouldn't be that hard to disqualify people that have 18 teams as id imagine they'd be logging in with the same ip on all of them.

And surely a company wouldnt hand out $50k to someone who broke the rules to their competition it brings the whole integrity of it into question..

I don't agree with the multiple teams either particularly, as others have said, if you're using it to hedge potential 50/50 decisions.

I can however envisage at least one scenario in which someone would consider making an additional team and it relates to work leagues. When I was in the office I joined as was expected with the others who followed footy, just for something to do. While I've only been finishing between 2k-10k, these guys were pulling in sub 2000 scores weekly and I quickly noticed they were on different footing. The first year it was fine to win, but come the second year it's nice to share that sort of thing around when you're at work, particularly when it's for fun.

Obviously I was not going to give up my usual team which I enjoy having a crack at the overall in, but at the same time it's hard to justify leaving a work league without good reason, particularly when there is no one waiting to join in. So what's the harm in making a secondary team and dumbing it down considerably for the sole purpose of fitting in at the office and being social, knowing full-well it's never going to be competitive for prizes etc (we're talking 100k-150k rankings here)?

The issue I see is where do you draw the line? And it would be awfully difficuly to enforce so they need a black-and-white rule which stipulates one team only. I personally, however, see no harm in the above scenario.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dream Team cheats

Remove this Banner Ad

Back