Mod. Notice Dreamteam & Supercoach Questions

Remove this Banner Ad

Attention opposition supporters, if you have any questions relating to DT & SC they are to be posted in here. Please do not ask questions in other threads as they may get overlooked and therefore go unanswered. Also please be patient when asking questions as answers might not be posted straight away.

Martin is going very well.
He is impressing at training and looks to be ready made in terms of size.
A bit early to tell if he'll play round 1, but it looks like he will.

Thanks RT.

Interested in Cotchin's fitness and any expectations around change in Tigers game plan for 2010 which may affect dream team scoring.

Cheers
Cotchin is being eased through pre season but from what I've read and heard he is on track for round 1. As for gameplan changes, Hardwick has flagged more accountability which may mean an increase in tackle stats, at the same time has also said they will be a more direct football side. That could spell an end to the racking up of cheap stats across the backline. Like all of us I'm guessing many opposition fans are also looking forward to seeing how things go in the NAB cup and practice matches.

hows martin going? and also farmer
Unless injury strikes Martin will be playing from round 1 and I have no doubt will be playing for most of the season. As for Farmer, I'd say he'll be thereabouts for selection early on. It would be a good sign if he is playing in the NAB games.

For those opposition fans who are interested here is what I would consider our best 25 at present:

B: Polo Thursfield Rance
HB: Newman McGuane Moore
C: Collins Jackson Cotchin
HF: Cousins Post Tambling
F: Nahas Riewoldt Morton
R: Simmonds Deledio Foley
I: Graham Tuck McMahon Martin
E: Edwards Vickery White

Don't go rubbishing this side if you're a Tigers fan, its just there to give people, wanting to know about certain players, an idea if they are in our best 25 at the moment. There will be another thread in which we can rubbish each others best sides.

Can someone please remind me of Cotchin's injury problems?

Have there been any setbacks this pre-season for him?

Is he training with the main group?

Cotchin had achilles problems causing him to miss his first two preseasons. About three quarters of the way through the year he went out to get his hip fixed. He is on track for his first complete preseason and is progressing very nicely, albeit on a slightly lighter program than would normally be standard (last years injury was due to overtraining, so we're taking it easy). He is training with the main group, and has been since December.

how do you think deledio will go now that wallace is gone?

He showed at the end of 2009 that he had matured and understood what it takes to become elite. Hopefully, 2010 he will confirm that he is one of the best midfielders. Ben Cousins has had a lot to do with him.

One of the players that I think shows a lot of potential is Jack Riewoldt but is really looking for a breakout year. With better supply from the proposed more direct gameplan could be to his benefit. How is he looking at this stage?

One of the players that I think shows a lot of potential is Jack Riewoldt but is really looking for a breakout year. With better supply from the proposed more direct gameplan could be to his benefit. How is he looking at this stage?

He has put on some serious size and is loud and aggressive at training (however, he's always been loud and aggressive at training).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys... Really interested in the form of Jayden post.

Will surely get gametime with richo's retirement, how's he looking on the track?

Hey guys... Really interested in the form of Jayden post.

Will surely get gametime with richo's retirement, how's he looking on the track?

He looks like he's put on a bit of size. Been whispers that he will be used in defense but I have a feeling he will be moved around a bit in 2010. Has huge potential.

I'd say he'll play most the season. I think Hardwick will give him time to develop so I wouldn't expect him to be spending too much time at Coburg.

Yeah, he could easily end up playing CHB or CHF. Obviously, key defenders don't usually make good fantasy players. There's little to no word coming out of Richmond, though he appears to be playing as a back in the training. Your best bet would be to see where he lines up for the NAB cup.

What role do you think Alex Rance will play this year, and how much do you expect him to score?

I'm considering him as a 6th or 7th back & potential keeper.

What role do you think Alex Rance will play this year, and how much do you expect him to score?

I'm considering him as a 6th or 7th back & potential keeper.

Hard to say for sure with a new coach at the helm.

I can imgine him used as a third defensive tall with a licence to run up the ground and release the ball to leading forwards. If so he could average 75+(SC).

I will have him in my side as a potential keeper at this stage.:thumbsu:

I'm quiet curious about farmer- particularly with his dual eligibility!

Is there anyway he could crack the top 22 this year? Or is there going to need to be a number of injuries for him to make it in?
Hard to say, I thought he would be almost a certain best 22 player but watching yesterdays practice match it would appear that he is behind Newman Tambling Edwards McMahon for the small defenders role. Webberley also looked better than him yesterday so it could come down to who had better form if a spot became available.

Best bet is to see what happens during NAB Cup as I don't want to steer you wrong.

Dreamteam/Supercoach/Fantasy Footy questions

For all opposition fans. Please don't ask in any other thread, as it becomes very annoying to say the least.

First tip: If you're thinking of, pick Martin :thumbsu:

Re: Dreamteam/Supercoach/Fantasy Footy questions

S.Edwards scored a few 100's in 09. Do you think he can be more consistant this yr? And with the extra wait he's put on could spell a big yr ahead??

Remove this Banner Ad

Mod. Notice Dreamteam & Supercoach Questions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back