Mod. Notice Dreamteam & Supercoach Questions

Remove this Banner Ad

Richard Tambling is one I'm looking at in Supercoach, could he make the step up to a ~100 average? I'm interested in his role, some have suggested him playing the quarterback role which would be a high scoring position, but I might expect to see someone like Newman in that role. He is more of an outside midfielder, which can be a problem in Supercoach as it lacks the contested possessions which score highly. Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

Re: Dreamteam/Supercoach/Fantasy Footy questions

S.Edwards scored a few 100's in 09. Do you think he can be more consistant this yr? And with the extra wait he's put on could spell a big yr ahead??

Should become more consistent and better his average significantly if he gets a rebounding defender role as it seems he will.

The worry for fantasy purposes will be whether or not someone edges him out - there's a stack of competition (any of Newman, Rance, Moore, McMahon, Martin, King, Tambling, Webberley, Farmer, Connors, Collins and perhaps another draftee or two would be considered) for the rebounding defender roles and a bad game or two could see him out of the 22 altogether because Newman is pretty much nailed into one of the three positions and there's some talent and experience among the rest.

Richard Tambling is one I'm looking at in Supercoach, could he make the step up to a ~100 average? I'm interested in his role, some have suggested him playing the quarterback role which would be a high scoring position, but I might expect to see someone like Newman in that role. He is more of an outside midfielder, which can be a problem in Supercoach as it lacks the contested possessions which score highly. Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

He could certainly step up to a 100+ average. It remains to be seen whether he'll be played as a rebounding defender or a more full-time midfielder...probably the former. He has no problem with contested possessions - he's a genuine inside/outside mid who's lacked the size to show much of his inside game yet...it'll become one of his strengths and should show up a lot more this year.

IMO he's one of the best bets to improve from among the 'almost premium' brigade hovering around that same price bracket.

Re: Dreamteam/Supercoach/Fantasy Footy questions

Should become more consistent and better his average significantly if he gets a rebounding defender role as it seems he will.

The worry for fantasy purposes will be whether or not someone edges him out - there's a stack of competition (any of Newman, Rance, Moore, McMahon, Martin, King, Tambling, Webberley, Farmer, Connors, Collins and perhaps another draftee or two would be considered) for the rebounding defender roles and a bad game or two could see him out of the 22 altogether because Newman is pretty much nailed into one of the three positions and there's some talent and experience among the rest.

He could certainly step up to a 100+ average. It remains to be seen whether he'll be played as a rebounding defender or a more full-time midfielder...probably the former. He has no problem with contested possessions - he's a genuine inside/outside mid who's lacked the size to show much of his inside game yet...it'll become one of his strengths and should show up a lot more this year.

IMO he's one of the best bets to improve from among the 'almost premium' brigade hovering around that same price bracket.

**** Ray.
I want to read your posts but you're still multi-quoting.
And you've even managed to do it in Fantasy Football Thread!!!!
:eek:
You have no peer.

I'm quiet curious about farmer- particularly with his dual eligibility!

Is there anyway he could crack the top 22 this year? Or is there going to need to be a number of injuries for him to make it in?

I think Farmer will get first crack at it. I mean, how long has it been since Richmond's had a decent BP? Newman is a playmaker, Edwards looks to be groomed for that QB role. McMahon will move further up the ground, Raines is at the Lions. Tambling is everywhere. Farmer is the man to be the shutdown BP player.

IMO though, I wouldn't be picking any speculative players at the Tiges. We don't know what Hardwick has in store for the players looking to break into the 22. The only players I'd look at is Cousins, Deledio, Farmer and Martin. Cousins and Deledio because we know they're playing midfield. The other 2 will be good cash cows IMO, especially Martin.

Hey guys, interested in Dylan Grimes and his prospects this year?
At this stage I would be looking at him as a downgrade target when your initial cash cows mature. At present he is behind the likes of Thursfield McGuane Moore Rance Post for a tall defender spot, so would need things to go his way to get a game.

Thoughts on Cotchin and Martin?

I'm leaning more toward Cotchin but his injuries and previous lack of pre-seasons has got me slightly worried. Does anyone see Martin becoming a regular?

Tiger Dreamteam Picks!

Hey Tiger Fans! Just wondering which fellow Dreamteam fanatics put richmond players in their teams?

In my team i currently have:

Dustin Martin as my 6th Midfielder
Jack Riewoldt up forward
Ben Griffiths on my forward bench

Any tips out their that i may have missed? Hope to hear from you legendary supporters soon!:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Tiger Dreamteam Picks!

I would stay clear of Ben Griffiths until later on the year

Ideally you want your bench players playing round 1

I have the following Richmond players

Cotchin as Mid - 5
Martin as Mid - Bench

The other player I have is either Webberley/Farmer as Def - Bench

It will depend on who gets the small defender role in NAB and Rnd 1 selected side

Hey Tiger Fans! Just wondering which fellow Dreamteam fanatics put richmond players in their teams?

In my team i currently have:

Dustin Martin as my 6th Midfielder
Jack Riewoldt up forward
Ben Griffiths on my forward bench

Any tips out their that i may have missed? Hope to hear from you legendary supporters soon!:thumbsu:

There is a specific thread for this. ;)

Dan Conners, anyone? Is he floating around your best 22? He's a nice price for a 4th year player cash cow.

NAB Cup will definitely help with Connors. Hardwick did say in an interview that it was players like Connors who he is looking at to step up.

Dan Conners, anyone? Is he floating around your best 22? He's a nice price for a 4th year player cash cow.

From all reports he has been training well. If he does get a regular spot in the side it will be off half back so I suspect he will go well in terms of points.

**** Ray.
I want to read your posts but you're still multi-quoting.
And you've even managed to do it in Fantasy Football Thread!!!!
You have no peer.

I quoted twice!!!!

Once for each person I replied to!!!!

Which means you're whinging about nothing yet again 'Libby!!!!!'

[insert cute graphic and a tirade against the moderators for 'hassling him'...{oh the irony}...]

:D

who do u think would have more of a chance playing this year? Webberley or Conners?

Good question mate. My gut says Webberly mainly due to recent training reports stating that he has been the most impressive out of all the half backs. He is also the type of player Hardwick will like. The exact opposite of Connors actually. :rolleyes:

I have Martin in my starting midfield. There is so much value in young gun mids this year I couldn't help myself but start him. Batsinac on the bench. Looked at Cotchin $210k but not 100% sure about his fitness.

Webberley is on my bench in defence!

Remove this Banner Ad

Mod. Notice Dreamteam & Supercoach Questions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back